EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brawl Elder

He's like an FoH AMA Witness.
    I think the next step code-zero is to start door knocking and spreading the word.
    Keep telling us what you've seen and disregard the fact this is a forum for us to discuss such things further.
    PVPme likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Naw just gonna post to forums.

I'm pretty much agnostic on the whole FoH thing. I was surprised that the devs did an AMA there though I really shouldn't have been and I was really skeptical at first. Thing is that it's the only thing we have to go on and it's a lot more solid than "pvp tlp profitable"

Things like AoC came about to address the fact that a big guild could keep the base pick totally full and monopolize it. If for some reason the devs see a need to make a free trade server they will make a free trade server. If recent attempts to cause Zek's population to go up are successful then maybe they'll make a PvP TLP. I'm planning to make some characters on Zek for the event to show some support for the PvP folks myself. Maybe it'd even be fun LOL
  3. PVPme Augur

That's awesome.

All I'm saying is people regurgitate that same AMA over and over, and like I showed you they have walked back and did things they said they didn't wanna do. So no need to shove it around like its some end all be all.
    Brawl likes this.
  4. Dulu Augur

5. Stagentti Augur

Interested to see how many people show up for 1 day event vs those that would play for a continued period of time on a server requiring $.

Hope you get big #'s though. Best of luck!

ETA: the Reddit thread is locked so no one can comment anymore. Kinda funny. And most of the comments aren't supportive. Here is a comment that sums it up best though:

"I seriously seriously doubt a 1 day jump in a server’s population will change anything.

If the devs see 1000 people make an character, play for 6 hours, then never play that character again, it would probably cement in their minds that people don’t want to pvp in EQ."
  6. Robomax Elder

EQ1 doesn't have the engine for PVP . They would be better off to ReDUx EQ1 with a new game engine. It would look like EQ 1 but it would be really complex and different.
  7. Dulu Augur

ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

The reddit thread has +150 upvotes (with about 200 people active in our discord currently after 48 hours).

The moderator of that reddit deleted almost all of the positive, supporting posts, because they were "new accounts". I.e., people who joined Reddit just because of this event.
  8. DosPanchos New Member

People can convince themselves that anything is a bad idea, but the desire for a PvP server is undeniable. WE NEED SOME PVP, BABY!
    Brawl likes this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

ETA = edited to add.

The thread has less than 150 upvotes. 141 to be exact. But ok.

Not following the logic of why you would delete posts from people who joined for the event...? But ok.

I'm seeing 77 members in discord including offline. Booming!
  10. PVPme Augur

Nice post! You showed him
    Brawl, Dulu and Fraggly like this.
  11. Stagentti Augur

He really showed me with his claim it had 150+ upvotes! Really countered my comment!
  12. Brawl Elder

Ahh Spaghet... :rolleyes: Put your claws away before you hurt yourself.
    Dulu likes this.
  13. Fraggly Augur

14. Dulu Augur

What an absolute goober.

"YOU DONT HAVE 150 UPVOTES YOU HAVE 141.."
    Also, you can't just *make up* acronyms like that. It's not how it works.

ETA has meant 'Estimated Time of Arrival' for 100~ years.

You are the first person I've ever seen on the internet try to use it for something different, and you look ridiculous. Stop.
    Brawl likes this.
  15. Stagentti Augur

Ok Boomer.
    Fraggly likes this.
  16. Dulu Augur

https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/18/...test-to-agitate-for-a-pvp-progression-server/

Bree Royce at Massively writes,

PVPme, Kenshin11 and Brawl like this.
  17. PVPme Augur

Love how the PvP crowd is out in full force! Show us some love Daybreak <3
    Dulu likes this.
  18. Vexn Elder

I wonder how many non-pvp players will unsub if they make a PvP TLP. It seems like it will legitimately hurt them at this point. Never seen so many salty people over something that wouldn't impact them at all.
  19. Moege Augur

/drums fingers
    Me: It the 29th yet ?
    DB: not yet.
    Dulu likes this.
  20. markkk Lorekeeper

i have no issue with pvp tlp but i wont be playing on it,if i wanted pvp hz1 or one of the other pvp daybreak games.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.