Kael & npc tanking/dpsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly.. and it was STUPID easy to out dps the 1 giant.
  2. blood & gufts Augur

So question whether or not allowed has been answered.

This on AB, a GM should have zoned into Kael and gave public warnings about using faction is illegal, and people would get ban if continued
  3. Natal Augur

There is no such thing as implied consent. Try that with your date next time and see how well that argument goes when you are in front of a judge.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Natal Augur

Because it is cheating?
    Duder likes this.
  5. Thraine Augur

i saw the guards killing one of my restless wolves i need for my earring quest so i KSed the guards .. cactusgate flashbacks all over again man!!

seriously tho, the devs wont say one way or another cause its not the way mobs are supposed to be killed, it is infact an exploit. any terrain or NPCs you can get a mob hung up on so you can DPS it without any chance of danger is one of the oldest examples of an exploit. If you were able to get a mob hung up on a rock or some geometry so you could DPS him without getting hit, would that also feel like thats a "new and interesting way to grind" ?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

They won't say because it's like everything else. It's the degree in which you decide to take advantage of the issue where it becomes a problem. Now with the DPS decrease there's no incentive to use the giants to help clear out tons of PHs with little effort but they still allow you to do what you stated above. But if you sit there for hours constantly using them as tanks and they see you then don't be surprised if you get suspended.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

100%.
  8. Allayna Augur

As a registered nurse I’ll remember that when I see you suddenly collapse of a heart attack.

I’m not arguing that this Kael stuff is right. But you are dead wrong on your above statements about implied consent.
    Vumad and Tucoh like this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Well also depends where you live. And if they have the good samritan law..

If they do not have that and you attempt to resuscitate.. and leave even a vruise or accidentally break a rib while doing the breath / pump dance.. they can successfully sue ya in a court of law..

So even in THAT.. situation.. its not always implied..
  10. Bigstomp Augur

The mission text does seem to imply they will help you.
    I think that's legit for the mission.
    Just make it if the npcs touch them, 0 xp and no loot.

Anyone legitimately working on the quest deals with 6ish 0 xp mobs.
    Anyone trying to exploit wastes time but earns nothing.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Good Samaritan laws are in all 50 states. They are not the same as implied consent however, good samaritan generally protects the lay person attempting resuscitation, not the licensed professional.

We have quite digressed from the original topic....
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

Bad content design is bad content design. Using poorly thought out game mechanics to your advantage is not the player’s problem, it’s the dev’s problem.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

yeah it literally just passed here in ND. And thats only reason I even know of it at all.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

They didn't implied consent so you didn't help and they died. Harsh, but a good use of irony.

You mean it does not apply to licensed professionals on duty. It applies to professionals off duty. It covers anyone who acts reasonably to provide aid to another person. So if you are a Doctor and do CPR you are protected, but if you are a CNA that uses a pen to do an emergency tracheotomy because you watched Chicago Med then you are not covered.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and the above statements might be complete bull s.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Adam Ruins Everything covered the tipping topic very well. Arguably tipping would be more illegal / unethical (historically) than not tipping. I tip well because it is necessary because of how our culture currently functions, but if you are not familiar on the history of tipping and the negative impacts of tipping then you should watch Adam Ruins Everything (and feel free to further fact check it). Lots of other cultures do not tip because they compensate their staffs appropriately.

In the mean time, tip if you are in a culture where tipping is the salary.
  16. Tappin Augur

Ugh, the moment people stop allowing this nonsense to occur is the moment it stops being in the game.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

Until the DEV remove all guards from all zones don't you mean.
  18. Natal Augur

That is not the same thing, you do not require consent to act in an emergency and as a nurse I would have expected you to know the difference.

If you ask someone if you can do something, and they ignore you, you do NOT have consent to just go ahead and do it anyway. There is no implication of anything. You simply do not have consent.

Like I said, go ahead and do that on your next date, and see what the judge has to say about that.
  19. svann Augur

So much anger.
    Wow, and the devs dont seem to be bothered by it much at all.
  20. Allayna Augur

What? You said there is no such thing as implied consent and then tried to use an example of express consent. Two different things.

Implied consent applies to situations like when it is implied that a person would consent if they were able to: the unconscious or confused, much like yourself in this situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.