I'm All Out of Ideas ...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sippycup, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

I have been trying to level the old school way, just killing mobs dark blue to me at lvl 105. I have been lvl 105 for at least 5 years now. Can anyone suggest a zone or quest I could do to get Real XP ? The daily hot zone quest only goes to lvl 95 and that doesnt even make the xp bar move. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. ( No I don't pay Krono's for Power Level )
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

It might help to know what class. For example, if you're an enchanter I'd say reverse charm to 111 then you're pretty much going to want to quest in ToV for any reasonable experience rate beyond that.
  3. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Lvl 105 Cleric with a 100 wizard ... tank merc and damage caster merc
  4. Treiln Augur

EoK progression quests :) merc/partisans

Collectibles seem to be easy xp as well :)
  5. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

EoK = ? what zone or expansion is that ? sorry idk
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Here's a good link for you to look at, gives you an overview of the expansion & shows you what all the progression entails.

Empires of Kunark
  7. Moege Augur

If you have not done this yet I would collect all but one (cuts down bankspace) and at 114 use it to get to 115. Start with Call of the Forsaken collections and work your way up, they all count.
  8. EQerer New Member

Oh come on serious?
    Are you the only person on your server? You really cant find anyone to group with? You must try really hard not to group. Are there no active, casual guilds on your server?
    Sorry but I see people similar to you that sit in the Lobby and spam General chat with LFG instead of getting out and doing easy tasks while they look for groups.There are reasons that they have hard times getting groups, usually they are terrible players and require babysitting. Do you know your way around level 105+ zones in case someone invites you to a group? Do you have things like invis potions always on you? Have you researched what is best gear for you? There is just no way that any decent player, cant find people to help them level. You dont even seem to know what EoK is or what collection achievements are. At 105 that is baffling. I sense that you probably dont know your class well either.

OMFG get out and do simple quests, lower level quests. For example the 1st 2 tasks in The Broken Mirror expansion (TBM) are just running around and hailing but give a decent amount of xp.

Do you have your Epics? There is more to EQ than just leveling to max level (I know shocker to many, lol) Several websites give great quest guides.

Kill undead mobs, like maybe Chapterhouse of the Fallen. Fyi your strongest cleric nukes are best against undead. Maybe do light blue mobs instead so that your merc can handle them better.

Do you have a J5 merc? Thats an easy task at 105.

Open another account and level up a tank or dps, even if you dont like boxing you would at least have another merc to help. Even just a silver account.

Above all else, get in a helpful and active guild! If you arent a total pain in the butt, people will help you.

If it takes you another 5 years to get to 110, then honestly you might find another game.

Sorry to be blunt but you are not trying hard enough imho.

Good luck.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can't molo with a tank merc because you wont get any DPS. Rogue mercs and cleric mercs are the only mercs carrying their weight in the group.

At 115, my tank merc can tank the T1 ToV named but it's only putting out 8k DPS. My wizard merc is only doing 50k DPS which is half of what I can casually do as an ENC, and as an ENC I have twincast, MR aura, and Dissident procs, so your merc DPS will be less than mine.

Try 2 rogue mercs or a rogue and a second cleric.

Ultimately there is no good reason to be at 105 for 5 years. The level cap was increased to 105 in 2014 so you either took longer than you think to get to 105 or you have done almost nothing productive in 5 years.
  10. bigpapa Augur

having a mage replacing your wiz would get you a much better tank than your tank merc..

well in firiona vie you can level 50 % faster than any other servers :rolleyes:
  11. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

12. Treiln Augur

EoK = Empires is Kunark (3 expansions old now, the xpac that gave us the 105 max leve). Go to those zones. Start with Lcea. In game, type /Ach and on the left hand side of the window that pops up, go to the EoK expansion tab, click on it, find quests/progression and start right there. I believe it starts off with killing mobs and collecting X amount of Y items to turn in.

Avoid the Nameds, and you should breeze through it and get decent exp.

If all else, what server do you play on? If you’re on Drinal, I don’t mind helping you out.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While the daily hot zone quests only go up to level 95, the guy next to him gives 2 daily HA missions, also ports you to the mission giver. Gives a nice chunk of exp for doing them.
  14. Keella Journeyman

Point of order, Level 105 was first available in The Darkened Sea, followed by The Broken Mirror then Empires of Kunark both also capped at 105.
  15. Treiln Augur

Thanks for the clarification! I returned in EoK after last playing in like TSS or whatever was right after it. Was wondering how someone could be 105 for so many years when the level increase to 105 was only a couple years ago. Totally makes more sense now haha
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Not having a lvl 100 daily kill 5 Hot Zone for years now has actually been pissing me off. Sometimes I only have 30 min to play, and those tasks are the only reason I log in those days. I dont know if they just forgot about that task system or they are purposely not adding it. Is it a matter of armor rewards? Then give extra money, or a random set of tradeskill items, or a random set of "Tokens" ie marks for that era. Or dont give anything but the EXP, either way give us the task already!
  17. Treiln Augur

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didnt they add in the Heroic Adventures in place for the 100+ hot zone? And the HAs scale to your level (at least to 100, not sure if they offer HAs past the level 100 xpacs). And any time you’d have lost in the HA vs travel to zone to kill 5x random mob was alleviated by being ported straight to the task giver?

Over the years of playing off and on ive come to the realization that EQ is not an instant gratification game. If you only have 30 minutes a day to play (not saying it’s your case, just in general), then you’ll find little satisfaction in EQ. Even with the many versions of ports, it can still take awhile to travel to a specific zone in the vast world. So given only 30 minutes to play, I’ve always got “tried and true” method I’d stick to.

Only 30 minutes? No biggie, I’ll just LFM <popular HA here>, or lessons burn HS on the Ranger, perhaps burn through some TS’ing I’ve been putting off, farm a little plat, run to an xpac that’s outdated and work on an achievement or two like Hunters or something (usually reward you with an item of sorts. Like bags, which are always handy!). Given less than an hour, I don’t except to get anything “serious” accomplished. Even at 100-105, a level 100 HZ quest of kill 5 of X mob could consume the full 30 minutes and then some. Even at 105, level 100 zones aren’t completely trivialized