Test Update 02/05/2020 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Dzarn Developer

A personal thank you to everyone that has provided information regarding the lifetap bug.

We've identified the cause of lifetap spells randomly causing falling deaths and have fixed the issue internally for the live update. The fix will be applied to the Test server during our standard true-up process post patch.
    xxGriff, Thunderkiks, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  2. Risiko Augur

Hold it... are you telling me that lifetaps were causing people to fall to their death? That's hilarious actually when you think about it. A mob life taps you, and you faint hitting your head on the ground in just the right way (1 in a million chance), and die from the impact. Falling death... FATALITY! lol

Reminds me of the old days when coin had weight, and you could die just from stepping off something a foot high. FATALITY! Destroyed by tripping!
    eepok likes this.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

except it was the other way around... the player was casting lifetap on the mob.
  4. Silverstone Journeyman

The Paladin mark spell says it heals for 2400 ish per hit, the spell only heals for 800 ish a hit
  5. Samire New Member

Is this still being fixed? I'm not casting any lifetaps and letting my mercs take aggro and I still died 5 times last night from accidental aggro followed by a lifetap proc. Doing anything challenging where I have to actually tank is a complete crap shoot atm.
  6. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

Nope, it's not. Since this isn't a pet bug, and therefore doesn't affect any class the devs play, plus it ONLY has to do with something which is 100% essential to your class, it's not being fixed.... or at least not any time soon. I mean, when they finally get around to it, it may get fixed. It's not like they are committing willful game disruption by choosing to not fix a class defining feature which they've known about for over a week. oh wait...
  7. xxGriff Augur

Any news or indication on when Test will be true'd to Live?
  8. klanderso Developer

This is getting fixed with the Test update that's happening right now!
    It's happening right now!
    niente, Dzarn and xxGriff like this.
  9. xxGriff Augur

If I was still living in OB, I would SO bring you Pizza and a Beer! :cool: