What's the point of making new bard instruments?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MyNameGoesHere, Feb 16, 2020.

1. MyNameGoesHere New Member

It doesn't change your songs, it doesn't make you run any faster if you already have a set of class armor. It doesn't extend songs longer if you already have the type 3 augments. And with Max AAs, you're off hand does more than 30% damage. So what's the point?
  2. Whulfgar Augur

3. svann Augur

1. It does extend your songs, but only for that one song type.
    2. Clickies are good and though I already have those clicks in old instruments, new bards may not get a chance to do those old raids to acquire them.
    3. Im thinking of using the new drum to extend chants, though Im still not sure it will be worth losing the offhand weapon. Need to try it, if it truly is in game.
  4. Dhurgan Augur

Percussion Finesse doesn’t stack with the type 3 dot augs from the vendor.
    svann likes this.
  5. MyNameGoesHere New Member

A weapon has stats
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Finesse will add a tick to 110+ songs without a Type 3 aug.

It benefits bards devoted to song twisting and kiting.

Instrument + shield during a run to avoid riposte induced summon.

I think a major benefit is accessibility of the clicks to bards who did not raid TBM.
  7. FawnTemplar Augur

8. svann Augur

ouch. oh well.
  9. Kobrah Augur

I can understand the getting clickies from old raids but isn't that part of EQ ? Going back to min / max your character from old raids etc.
  10. svann Augur

Much harder to accomplish now than when you did it when it was current content. Almost zero chance of getting people together for dozens of raids where the gear is worse than last expacs group gear. AFAIK the only thing anyone could want from those raids is the bard clickies. At this point not going to happen.
  11. GoneFission Augur

I thought all the instrument mods were put on armor, so the bards could better equip weapons.

My first guild leader had a bard alt, and it was funny to watch the character animation have him strum a sword.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Instrument mods have been on the armor for as long as I can remember, BUT the mod number on armor is lower than the mod on instruments.... which meant that there was some incentive to still (situationally) use instruments.
  13. svann Augur

Well, no not really. IIUC group gear has a lower song focus but thats ok because group songs (RK2) have a focus cap. So unless you are wearing group armor and using RK3 songs you gain nothing from instrument focus.