How would you guys feel about DZs reseting on Monday instead of 6 days?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fudly, Feb 13, 2020.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

Some of you spew so much verbal vomit that it's clear you either have very limited or no exposure to EverQuest's later expansions. Open world targets become a thing of the past and some expansions are even unlocking as staggered tiers. This means that for a few weeks of the already limited expansion window the BiS equipment is not attainable. As it stands only a limited amount of players will get close to BiS. Then take into account that mob damage ramps up drastically so tanks need good gear and an increase in raid-wide AE damage means that even classes who used to get by with only upgrading their focus are now needing better gear so they're not a worthless body 1 minute into the fight. As far as I know all guilds start to raid on lockout because they need to in order to break into the next expansion. Extending DZ lockouts by even 1 more day might not seem like much to a person who keeps re-rolling every TLP, but it negatively affects the game overall.
  2. Zansobar Augur

This is a TLP forum, of course you aren't going to find many people here that like later expansions or they would be playing on Live.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Phinigel is a TLP server and is one of if not the most successful one to date. The main idea behind any TLP is to progress through the expansions. Agnarr is a great example that even most people who lie to themselves eventually face the truth that an era locked server gets boring.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I could get behind a request to change the lockout to 4.5 days to match the DZ lockouts of later expansions.

I like consistency. :)
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like that suggestion, a lot.
  6. Idget Lorekeeper

I like that also 4.5 days.