No Fix Planned Bard double invise bug.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Maedhros, Jan 2, 2020.

1. niente Developer

The AA range extension (Reaching Notes) only affects the first spell, not the triggered spell (IVU).
  2. Maedhros High King

This looks like the winner.
  3. niente Developer

I don't think that's a bug? But I can ask.
  4. Maedhros High King

Perhaps not a bug, but a major quality of life issue.
  5. svann Augur

IDK while invis does have a much larger range, ivu is measuring about 100 range and eyeballing what that looks like I cant see many people invising group outside that range and really expecting it to land. When I invis my group we are generally in a much closer area than that. If I saw my group spread out like that Id tell them to get closer for invis. Im doubting that that is the real problem.
  6. Maedhros High King

Its a problem for bards that pull I guess.
  7. svann Augur

Why do you say that? If your invising the group dont you do it before you leave for a pull? And anyway arent we talking about invis/ivu failing when the group is on the move, not camping in a spot?
  8. Maedhros High King

There are definitely times that I cast double invise while pulling and if it is a group thats on the move, not just grinding in one spot then its going to strip IVU from the group. This first was an issue for me when we were doing kael partisan and merc tasks, always on the move.
  9. niente Developer

We should make a PC version of Lure of the Siren Song that uses the gravity SPA, and only works on your group. And not buff-blockable
    Maedhros and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

"Stuck in the Middle with You"
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I posted another thread about this I think and what I have observed.

1. Go to kael
    2. bard double invis
    3. click off normal invis to talk to quest giver (keep ITU on)
    4. Bard double invis (does not stick to person who had clicked off normal invis)
    5. Person who talked to quest giver gets jumped as you try to go roaming the zone.

Edit: If you click off BOTH invis's on the toon that had to click off one to request the quest it will re-apply properly. It seems like having the ITU component still up makes the invis compontent kill the itu component but not re-apply it.
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please no.

Up until this expansion I have had bard invis blocked preferring my own permanent invis/invis undead.

I still get annoyed with bard invis/invis undead overwriting my own. I get even more annoyed with someone else's invis overwriting my invis undead. And wish I could block other people's spells even when they are the same as mine. I've died more this expansion to someone else's invis overwriting mine than anything else.
  13. niente Developer

TBH, I don't know if we can fix this.
    The double invis AA is sort of effective because of a "bug" where if you cast regular invis first, IVU will land. If you have IVU on and someone casts invis on you, invis overwrites. So when the bard AA casts invis -> IVU it will overwrite the IVU as the spell resolves (i.e. invis lands, overwriting IVU, IVU lands, then spell stacking resolves and causes IVU to drop).

If you drop invis to talk to an NPC, and have IVU on, double invis will not function as expected. You need to click off both when interacting with an NPC before bard double invis will stack again.
    Skewert, Rondor, Metanis and 2 others like this.