Location of new bard instruments?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Benito, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did anyone from Test gather the location and mob of the ToV bard instruments?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The following T2 named (according to EQResource tables) drops only 1 item so they may be the possible holders:

Velketor:
    a velium horror
    Kerdelb
    Vorgak

Kael:
    Drendar Blackblade
    Fjokar Frozenshard
    Kallis Stormcaller
    Klraggek the Slayer
    Velden Dragonbane
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Any updates on loc? :)
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I have no idea if any of the above will have them, but I can tell you they all dropped the standard two different drops prior to the patch. Check magelo they probably have them listed, but I've seen two different things from each one of those.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Misread post. Talkin' bout mobs.
  6. Razorfall Augur

a velium horror has been confirmed to drop the lute
    my guess is that the horn drops from Kallis Stormcaller, although not confirmed yet.
  7. svann Augur

Someone told me spider on ground floor velks dropped lute and horn.

Somewhat disappointed to learn that the clicks are the same as what we already had. I can understand how old raid items needed to have a replacement since it is so unlikely to find a raid to do TBM for them, and the drum drops only in anniversary content. But still disappointing that I have no reason to camp new instruments.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe the instruments have Instrument Finesse III so it will provide an extra tick for songs above 110.
  9. svann Augur

Is it instrument finesse, or string finesse, percussion finesse, etc?
  10. Nniki Augur

11. svann Augur

Yea, I just cant see going back to the days of swapping instruments in and out for each song.
    Funky likes this.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah, sadly the extra ticks were really only useful for AE mez (before they nerfed that) and DA. And Instrument Finesse never gave enough bonus damage to offset the loss of an offhand.

If they're the same clicks as TBM stuff, that's nice for folks that didn't/can't get those but I agree somewhat disappointing overall.
  13. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Just let me put the instrument in my Ammo slot to gain the full benefit devs :)
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

First floor spider in velks drops one of the instruments. I honestly forget which one... i just tossed it at my tribute.
  15. Morigaine Elder

Can anyone confirm seeing these in a mission chest yet? I personally have not seen one. I know the chests can drop pretty much any of the gear for their appropriate tier but since these were added later, they may not be included. Was just curious.
  16. svann Augur

Lute for sure. Someone told me also brass.
  17. cessie New Member

Have seen Horn and Drum from restless tarantula in Velks