for those complaining about xp, here's a tip.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

lol, maybe. Anyone actually see an update about this recently?
  2. Bahdah Augur

I duo'd most of tov on my beastlord at a slow pace. Getting the progression done + missions + maybe a few (the task) here and there.. I was actually 115 without even feeling a grind. The xp is fine.. I wanna bet the ppl making a big deal of it are the same ones that complain theres nothing to do the rest of the year. This goes for the type 5 augs too.. Because you have to put in more work, which lets be real you might do them more times than you needed anyways, just sounds like you want it handed to you.
  3. Gundolin Augur

I hate the xp in this new release. Grouped with three alts last night to run through all of the Missions again. By the end of the fourth mission all three alts were level 115 and I'm still level 114 (I had already done the missions so I didn't get the bonus xp).

Ok, really xp is pretty fast, I've mostly just done partisan and merc quests with very little grinding and I'm 114, with a lot of time off around the holidays. XP looks fine so far.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Achievement exp is fine. For those who prefer to exp the old fashioned way not so fine. I do think DBG came up with a new way to exp that many like.

But many have said grind exp is intentionally slow to give folks something to do the rest of the year. So that would make achievement exp way too fast. People can't have it both ways. Personally I think they leave the achievement stuff as is for those who prefer that method and up the grind exp to previous expansion levels for those who prefer that way to level. Much better to have multiple ways to get to the same place in my opinion.

As many have said if you want to do all the missions, collections etc you are going to get more then enough exp so why not just let folks grind to it too.

I could get behind the low grind exp if it was going to affect afk botting but those guys don't care about exp rates they can grind 24/7.

And when it comes to progression if DBG has to put all the exp on it just to get people to do it then maybe they need to design more enjoyable progression. I don't get the "you must enjoy the game the way we tell you to and you must do all progression and achievements". Just do not get it.

Well not true my theory still is they get bonuses based upon how many players engage in progression. Only thing that makes sense to me.
    winspearean likes this.
  5. Belkar_OotS Augur

Anyone have any better ways to level this expansion or other options to try?

It is taking me forever to get my alts up as a person who prefers to grind.
  6. enclee Augur

I like to the O.M.A.D quest in GD. It’s around 10 kills total, but some moderate travel time across the zone. Also, repeatable every 30 minutes.
  7. svann Augur

I havent done it for xp beyond the 1st time, but I hear Find the Survivors in Kael is pretty good.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

If they keep changing basic game mechanics after them being a certain way for 20 years...expect resistance.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I heard Whulfgar is doing a 1-900-DUDEZOR call in service where you can get l33t strats to get through crap design task system so you too can be 115 like teh rest of the bros. Call noW!!!!!111111
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

BwhahahahahHH
  11. enclee Augur

Hey Whulf! Long time listener, first time caller. I’m wondering where I can find my “Git Gud” button? I’ve tried hitting all the keys, but I just can’t figure it out. Any advice?
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Bro Pro-tip: The "115 NOW" button is somewhere near the KRONO icon. I am the farthest thing from a ST auto-shop exp farmer (can't figure out complicated tech ya know) but I swear nothing the devs have ever did was such a big boon to their business as this forced questing\EXP gutting operation in TOV.