Not A Bug merc casting Hand of Righteousness RK.II

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Thomaz, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Thomaz New Member

If there is another post about this i apologize i couldn't find it.
    My Healer merc is casting Hand of Righteousness Rk.II instead of just Hand of Righteousness. The Hand of Righteousness Rk.II is considerable less ac and hp then just Righteousness. Is this correct or some bug? thought there weren't going to be rank 2 spells and definitely thought if there was a Rk.II it should be more hp and ac. Oddly the RK.II does not override Righteousness.

Righteousness 197ac and 17462hp
    Hand of Righteousness Rk.II 168ac and 14748hp

[Sat Feb 08 14:08:55 2020] Krewlek begins casting Hand of Righteousness Rk. II.
    Nukester, Baldur, Petalonyx and 9 others like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Yes, fix this silliness please.
  3. Celephane Augur

Bump. This is still happening, not fixed yet. The buff received seems to be assurance rk 2 by stats but not by name.
  4. Conq Augur

Easy fix. Dismiss that stupid merc. Invite a real cleric. Ours lasts 5+ hours too, bonus!
    Conq
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Bumping won't get dev time, only 6 of us have liked the first thread. Go ask your guild to add likes to get it to "top bugs."
  6. Celephane Augur

I bumped and liked it. Now its visible again and not on page 3
  7. Duder Augur

I'm surprised more have not liked this as it effects anyone and everyone who uses a healer merc
  8. Gialana Augur

At least at lower levels, the healer merc will cast single target buffs if only one group member is missing the buff. So a temporary work-around may be to have one person in the group at a time click off the hand of righteousness spell. Then the next player in group can click off the buff after the first person gets righteousness.
  9. Duder Augur

That is exactly what you have to do to get them to cast the proper version
  10. Celephane Augur

This bug was pointed out in Beta, when mercs first got new spells
    Duder likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I lost the post during beta :( Thanks for re-posting this! A fix won't make the march patch, but I'll add it to my queue.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This bug is still occurring. I lose 2khp with "Hand of Righteousness Rk. II."
    Thank you!
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Turns out this is working as intended.
    It is inferior so merc buffs do not overwrite player buffs, AND it doesn't use the other spell because mercenaries do not "understand" Unity spells.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for the update.

Block buff (for us players) would be the solution in this case?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

well. it shouldn't overwrite a player spell, and if you have better it shouldn't try?

Is it overwriting something?
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Benito and Froglok like this.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

It has it; it casts it without issue.

The gap between the group and single target versions is straying a long ways though. It started out where the buffs were basically identical (Temperance/Blessing of Temperance), but it evolved to where single target was about 10% better than the group version (Assurance/Hand of Assurance). . . until ToV, where the difference is about 25%.
    Benito and Duder like this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for highlighting this.

I think the confusion from my standpoint comes from looking like RK. II is bugged.

I am now thinking Ngreth or another dev wanted to close that gap with RK. II. If a fix is too complicated, I am guessing that block buff is the best option.

P.S. Please don't nerf the single-target version of the spell. :)
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Lets look at Spell Data.

Righteousness
    Raw Spell Data https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/rawspell.html?spell=58636
    Lucy Spell View https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=58636&source=Live

1:Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 18962
    2:Increase Max Hitpoints by 17462
    3:Increase HP when cast by 17462
    4:Increase AC by 715
    5:Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 18962

Hand of Righteousness Rk. II
    Raw Spell Data https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/rawspell.html?spell=58767
    Lucy Spell View https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=58767&source=Live

1:Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 16148
    2:Increase Max Hitpoints by 14748
    3:Increase HP when cast by 14748
    4:Increase AC by 609
    5:Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 16148

I am consistently telling my group members to take off Assurance or Surety just so my merc can buff Righteousness.

As mentioned in the above spell data links, RK II should be higher then RK I.
    Hand of Righteousness Rk. II Hitpoints by 14748 AC by 609
    Righteousness ....................... Hitpoints by 17462 AC by 715
    Hand of Righteousness Rk. III Hitpoints by 15485 AC by 640

IN GAME: (IN GAME I AM LOOKING AT THEM NOW)
    Hand of Righteousness Rk. II Hitpoints by 14748 AC by 159
    Righteousness ....................... Hitpoints by 17462 AC by 179

In the past, RK II Cleric HP buff spells have always been 'better' then RK I.

So two things, Mercs are not buffing better buffs over lesser buffs on players. Righteousness should be buffed over Assurance or Surety. ( Doesn't matter if I group with a player that had his/her merc cast Assurance or Surety on them before they grouped with me... my merc won't buff then unless the lower Cleric HP buff is removed)
    And, RK II should be higher then RK I

Real Clerics Have RK III, is this also lower then RK I?

Hand of Righteousness Rk. III

1: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 16885
    2: Increase Max Hitpoints by 15485
    3: Increase HP when cast by 15485
    4: Increase AC by 640
    5: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 16885

hmm...
    Dythan likes this.