Test Update 02/05/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

Guess my pet still won't taunt for another month+
  2. Prathun Developer

It was unintentional that some NPCs in ToFS2 could see through all forms of invisibility. This will be addressed in the February update. There was no public-facing note for the ticket, but I'll create one.
    Skuz, Kurage_of_Luclin and CrazyLarth like this.
  3. Natal Augur

Gnomes should still go to GD to make their purchases though, it is only right.
  4. Natal Augur

The unintended gameplay is more a case of getting a raid with lockouts you should not have as a result of carefully choosing who makes the request. That is sanctionable, if your raid leaders are doing that they at some point down the road there may be consequences. If someone with a lockout gets added later on then the responsibility is theirs really, not the guilds. The devs would be more concerned about systematic abuse of mechanics rather than the odd thing that slips through.
  5. Lianeb Augur

Any chance of getting a directional emote when the giants spawn....ie NW camp, South Camp, SE Camp.

Alot of people are doing with Characters other than those with tracking and utilizing sense the dead as a means to determine a direction of a giant spawn. Adding the mobs to the mission (which i agree with) will negate this and almost require a tracker to do it efficiently.
  6. Nylrem Augur

" Magician - The Searing Skin line of damage shields now has a base duration of one minute. "

Please modify this enough so it's actually useful, if going to spend time at all working on it.

Exothermic Veil is comparable damage per strike, for 48 counters, and almost 15 minute modified duration, and even it is not all that commonly used.

Searing Skin line's restriction of 4 counters, combined with its relatively low damage, that is not modifiable at all, won't crit, etc, is the issue. Not necessarily it's short duration. If tank isn't getting hit 4 times in 30s, then not doing hard enough content.

To make this a viable spell, it will need to do more damage than a standard, modified nuke. More, because it's more difficult to swap to the player target, then swap back to mob, than to just stay on mob and spam nukes.

Our normal group DS in it's current form is almost 1/4 the damage per hit, lasts for over 2 hours, with unlimited hits. Searing Skin line is absolutely terrible, by comparison.

To make this DS line viable, keep the 4 hits counter if wish, but make each hit about four times as much damage as the base Spear of equivalent expansion/level, since the damage is not modifiable.
  7. Ayoheee Augur

THANK YOU! GREAT CHANGE!

Will this affect Mangler (only server that isn't in LDoN yet)?
  8. Fredescu Augur

Thank you :D
  9. Prathun Developer

Yes, and assuming things go well, any future progression servers that follow a standard unlock cadence. :)
    Skuz and Ayoheee like this.
  10. taliefer Augur

this might be the singular greatest change in the history of TLP, and thats only a small exageration, if any. thank you , legit, thank you~!
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I had no idea this even existed in the Marketplace.

Questions:
    1. Does this actually work?
    2. If I buy it now on a live server (not Test), will it still work after the patch (assuming it works now)?
    3. Is there a limit to how many tasks over the cap I can buy (that actually work)?
    Having a limit on active tasks has always been a problem for me. The ability to increase that has always been something I've wanted, although I thought it was not an option due to server load.

I am pleased to see:
    as that is a suggestion I made (I can't take any credit since it seemed an obvious idea to me and could have been thought up by anyone).
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm glad that the shipwright stayed positive all of those years.
    Never.
    I'm fairly sure that the this was for Free and Silver tiers and only would increase it to the 30 (or whatever it is atm) that All Access could use. I do not think that you could increase beyond that. But iirc sometime in the past they changed it so that all tiers had the max amount on those which made that unlocker meaningless.
    Skuz and Prathun like this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

What classes dont have access to a sense dead type ability (AA)?
  14. Derka Power Ranger

I believe they are saying with the addition of undead trash, the quest mobs will no longer be the only undead in the mission
  15. Jondalar Augur

Shaman at least. Is an undead wolf an animal?
  16. Prathun Developer

1. The Task Unlocker does not work, which is why it's being removed from the Marketplace. All characters already have access to the maximum number of tasks.
    2. The item should not be available for purchase on any server. We can update the Marketplace without a patch. This note might get moved to the "Previously updated" section of the patch notes.
    3. Covered in number 1. :)
    Thanks!
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

I see where I lost the context now. I'm crossing my fingers the trash mobs are far enough out they don't interfere as I've been relying on the sense dead method a lot.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for responding. I guess I'm out 360 Daybreak (or is it Darkpaw) Cash for buying this (bought twice for two characters) after seeing it existed from the Test Update Notes.

At least I can warn others not to buy this now.
  19. Prathun Developer

Eep. Please try to petition for a refund, since you purchased an item that doesn't function. :(
    You shouldn't need to warn anyone, since the item isn't available for purchase anymore.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This was totally a function meant for F2P accounts when they were limited on number of tasks they could have active at one time. It was never meant for paid accounts to purchase this since they already had unlimited. But the F2P restriction was lifted in March, 07, 2013. (https://www.everquest.com/news/article?month=032013&id=524463)

This is similar to the RK II upgrade which you can purchase while being a paid account but won't really do much until you revert to silver or F2P where it will then kick in and allow you to use RK II spells.

Why would you buy something that was updated to being removed? Just odd. lol