ToV ToFS Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashian, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ashian Augur

In anticipation of the T2 raid launch, I went ahead and watched a few of the beta videos posted here on the forum. I suspect that my guild is really going to struggle with Event #1 and Event #2, while we could very likely win Event #3. It was my understanding during beta that the developers said there would be no group nor raid progression in ToV and that you could do any raid in any order once they were released. As we’ve seen with the Eastern Wastes raids, this doesn’t appear to be the case as one needs to beat Griklor in order to attempt Servant of the Sleeper.

My concern is that we’re going to be completely locked out of attempting ToFS Event #2 and Event #3 due to this linear raid progression. I didn’t raid in beta so I don’t have an appreciation whether you can simply request ToFS Event #3 without having event #1 and #2 on lockout. Does anyone know if this is the case?

If it is currently set up this way, I’d like to register a request with the devs to enable guilds to attempt all three ToFS in any order. I think this matches the spirit of the “no progression required.”
    Windance, Zunnoab and Sancus like this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They need to be done in order. It was stated in beta that the raids in a single zone still need to be done in order. EW, ToFS and Kael.
    Whulfgar, FawnTemplar and Yinla like this.
  3. Ashian Augur

Shame. Feels like this could be another Sathir’s Tomb #2, where the earlier raids are substantially more challenging than the later raids.
    Windance and Zunnoab like this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Your guild should actually attempt the first ToFS raid a few times before asking to change things. Beta videos will not be refined strategies as folks are trying a variety of different techniques during these raids. I can tell you the overall mechanics of the first raid … suck … but are easily understood and there are clear ways of dealing with the issues.

As seen by the current guild standings, at least 26 guilds have beaten all 3 T1 raids … less than a month after raid launch. Unless things have changed wildly from Beta to Live, I suspect a large portion of those will have T2 cleared before T3 opens.
    Duder, Zaray and feeltheburn like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Get out the Draino! We're all getting flushed.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Is there even a point really in doing anything past T1 besides achievements? My understanding is the new ore that is dropping is the best raid gear so you can get all the best gear from T1... no reason to even do the rest unless you want the achievements to unlock last earring or dps increase aug level.
  7. Ashian Augur

Quantity. Beating T1 gives you a maximum of three ore per 4.5 days (realistically, three per week). This increases to six per week six months into the expansion. You get triple that, including more spells and other pieces, if you clear the remaining raids. With 52 weeks in a year and staggered raid release schedule, beating three raids a week puts you woefully short of getting the best gear by the new expansion. Currency partially offsets that but the price per ore is higher in this ToV (~276) than in TBL (~240).
  8. Tyreel Augur

ToFS 1 was not easy but also not unfair. Everyone has to learn the event not just follow the raid/group around blindly doing what Triggers tell them to do.

Players with no situational awareness will do more damage than usual expectation, hopefully your guild knows who they are and can get them one on one coaching early and often. You might have to be 'mean' and threaten to bench those that just can not 'get it'.
    Jennre, kroag and Duder like this.
  9. Ashian Augur

Unfortunately our raid force consists of a handful of really talented players that carry a collection of average to below average players through events. This makes events such as Prince Ralaifin with mechanics that can be accomplished by just a few people very doable for us as those with great awareness can manage the shards while the rest of the raid contributes via dps/heals. It is far less awesome when every single player in the raid needs to play a role in mechanics, or worse, ToFS #2, where any given player or set of players can be called and must immediately react.

All that said, I’m not actually looking for the events to be made easier. I’m supportive of difficult events for T2 and T3. So please keep the difficulty. I just want to be able to attempt them in any order so we can do the ones that play to our strengths and ignore the ones that are beyond our capabilities.
  10. feeltheburn Augur

lol really?
    Smokezz likes this.
  11. Dovhesi Elder

For the handful of really talented players... RoI wtb clerics & shaman :rolleyes:
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea TBL wasn't that much different with gear either. It seems to me that the last few expansion the end bosses doesn't drop anything special like in the old days where the final boss dropped gear that was like 1 level above all others. TBL at least did have 2 teirs of gear though but not sure if ToV even has 2 teirs, just dropped (T1) and TS (T2) which all drop from all raids.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

SOOO... ok I guess less targets less gear, guess its a matter of just taking that much longer to gear your guild...to each their own. Plus the achieve of finishing a expansion makes no never mind. again to each their own I gather. /smh
  14. Odiiusx Elder

I guess this is true if you want to ignore the fact you have to beat ALL raids in TBL and get ALL cheese to get 4 BiS items that are still better then ToV items in the same slot.
    Zaray and feeltheburn like this.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

I am still not sure which is better to be honest. The problem is the TBL ones only go to 5 luck where as the new raid gear goes to 10 so someone will have to do some parses between the 2 sets to figure out which one is really better.

Kind surprised they don't upgrade the luck on the old evolve gear to 10 i mean the new TS one is 15.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally not looking forward to ToFS 1, I hate the slip sliding around. ToFS2 on the the other hand I'm looking forward too, always loved the wedding floor.
  17. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No parsing needed. Ngreth posted the in game luck data. Basically after 50 (okay, maybe 60), the returns for each next higher level of luck is very small … and just keeps getting smaller. If you are chasing luck, you are doing it wrong now (the table Sancus posted at the start of TBL was wrong at the higher end).

I also don't think you've looked closely at the raid vendor. No ore (oops, looks like I was wrong about that … still at 276, that's over 9 cycles per ore with just T1) … only wrists visible … there isn't much there for folks to supplement the T1 chests. And the rate at which wrists drop off T1 chest … OMG!

I'm not a fan of T2.1, but ToFS raiding is going to be 1000x better than Sleeper raid.
  18. Piemastaj Augur

The Ore is on the vendor.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. German Augur

There are various benefits to the evolving items aside from the luck that still make them very much BiS for just about everyone. What Crag posted clarifies a few things about Luck past 60 as well. However for those unable or unwilling to dedicate the time to do the evolves will have a better chance of upgrades in those slots as well which if you're raiding is a good thing for your guild.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Have the link for that?