Worst Zone in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 31, 2020.

1. gnomeboss Augur

wow ... my complete crescent outfit says hi. my bamboo bo stick also says hello. and don't forget the Long Iron Rod that is infinitely useful for juvenile trolling. and last but certainly not least, Greenmist, which can't be crafted w/o a trip to Dalnir. guess your slackdpeskay didn't bother with that. weak.
    Annastasya and Sheex like this.
  2. Windance Augur

Tower of Frozen Suck ( ToFS ) - We've been there, done that, did we really need to visit there again? How many times have they reused it now?
    Caverns of endless suck and Kedge Keep - Anywhere you have a maze of swimming to do ...
  3. KC13 Augur

By far, Abysmal Sea
    Xyroff-cazic. and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I gotta say, most of this thread is offensive but Abysmal Sea is one of the only zones I would regularly
    a) Get lost in
    b) Think I would be trapped there forever
  5. Mintalie Augur

Oof. It is so wicked to find NPCs there... and there are so, so many to find.
  6. Kolani Augur

I'm a ranger main, the only sk item I care about is 2.0.
  7. Snack Augur

<Synger Foxfire laughs in rare spawn>
  8. Snack Augur

Caverns of Endless Song -- give it a solid 100 on the suck-o-meter

I've also hated (over time):
    Warsliks Woods -- no visibility, oh look there's another cliff, and 400 goblins!
    Almost all of Luclin (with the exception of Netherbian Lair)
    Crescent Reach, Pillars, Argin-Hiz, Skyfire

My favorite zones are all nostalgia zones for me from the original -- SolA, LGuk, MM -- and I really like Unrest, but it was very unkind to me in 1999.
    Eggolas and Vdidar like this.
  9. gnomeboss Augur

[IMG]
    Dances likes this.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Everyone knows the co-suckiest zones in EQ are all the water zones.
  11. Snack Augur

...but Caverns is the Chad of water zones.
  12. Stephen51 Augur

You can add the whole of Tier 1 ROS, to this. Terrible xp, horrible traps. If you were raid geared, you didn't stay long here, and you didn't need to. If you were under geared or less than a full group, it was tough to progress. Near impossible for returning players.
  13. Tobynn Augur

Love Kedge Keep. Perhaps its something to do with having spent untold hours in there trying to spawn/kill the tainted/corrupted seahorse for Epic 1.0. Cuz gawd knows no other classes would come and help aside from the occasional mage looking for Undertow. Got to know the zone well, can navigate anywhere without a hitch. Must be a druid thing.
  14. Snack Augur

Kedge is also a special nostalgia zone for me. I remember going there with my guild right after they itemized it (new source for haste belts!). We took two full groups of L40+ and we were working our way through the zone. I was the monk and default puller.

I get up to a section and see there is a named mob and go back and tell everyone there is a named mob up here but we should move up. We move up and our druid floats a little close to the room opening and Estrella of Gloomwater summoned our druid. It went to crap very fast.

We are gathering in the cauldron to make our CR push and big yellow letters across the screen -- EMERGENCY PATCH IN 15 MINUTES.

There was a lot of freaking out about our corpses poofing, or we wouldn't be able to get them or who knows what. Servers came up a few hours later and we were able to get all our corpses...no issue.
    svann likes this.
  15. Sheebea Augur

I miss NFP and the sewer travel for my evil races
    Benito likes this.
  16. Aelivaa New Member

There is only one zone, or rather area i despise..
    the area around and including Lady Nevederia in NToV

worst. raid. ever (if you are a melee type, SK in my case).

went from considering to "discconect" during raid, to maybe switching main, butter up officers to play a more useful alt during that single event...

It is ok doing it once or twice but then.. seriously...
  17. Aelivaa New Member

doublepost.. oh the rage from my memories
  18. svann Augur

IMO new tofs floor 4 is bad enough to count as a bad zone.
  19. Vitaulic Apprentice

You people who say you like kedge keep creep me out, it's like the people who order original recipe chicken, what in the world......
  20. kizant Augur

Kedge was great because it had some real danger. You can't easily train the zone because swimming is slow and it's not a straight run from most of the good camps. Most people were relying on EB clickies that mages summoned so you're always watching for that to run out. It took a while to learn how to get around because you couldn't see as far and you had to move in 3 dimensions. But once you learned your way around it actually made sense. It didn't feel pointlessly confusing like CC/mines probably do to most people. Plus the model for Phini was pretty cool and unique at the time. Lastly, it scared away bad players.
    Annastasya and Szilent like this.