I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well not really. Character transfers were working fine in 2017 until Feb when the patcher would no longer run with Windows Vista or XP. After that there were random transfers accomplished but they all eventually stopped in November of 2017

While I commend your perseverance and posts over the last few years and loyalty to your friend who was banned, The Community Manager has asked that you take it to them in personal communication.
  2. I am leet New Member

Wasn't there a layoff at Daybreak around November 2017? I know there was a layoff last November. I know a lot of major CS Personnel were let go according to Redditt.

Go away CatsPaws. Don't be rude. I am done talking about it. The rest is up to Dreamweaver.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Was that not also the time frame they changed how character information was stored?
  4. I am leet New Member

What do you mean WP? As far as I know Daybreak is still using the same servers from day 1. Companies are required to keep records of all company transactions(Section 208 of the corporate act). See Arthur Anderson. Daybreak uses a closed server network. Everything you do is recorded. Every trade. Every loot. Every drop. Any GM can find out anything he wants. They can scan your company anytime they want for your hardware info, processes, and other programs that they may find interesting. Originally SOE legal council, Andy Zaffron, was quoted and promised in a paper that they would never spy on other activities while playing EQ when it was challenged by a man in Washington DC in the early years of EQ. Because of the new illegal software that has plagued our servers, they broke their promise to the player base and actively hunt these players. In order to play EQ now you have to agree to be search anytime without due process. Very sad.
  5. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Welcome Dreamweaver! Sorry for being late to the party :)

Kontra - Selo/Luclin/Povar
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes they updated the security for the launcher at that time also so I think those things combined killed the transfers.
  7. Brohg Augur

This reads to me like you want to be very sure Dreamweaver is added to the list of people sick of... "him"
  8. Diptera Augur

There is only one... "him"...

[IMG]
  9. ozzclubmaster New Member

Does anyone know if the Lifetime membership promotion is coming back?
  10. Frequently used Mage New Member

Are items to be half off this Labor Day weekend?
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Just the double XP this weekend.
  12. Omegga Elder

No increased named or rare drop chance? Those of us with maxed experience would like to see those.
  13. Duder Augur

Hows it going Alierris?
    Zurril likes this.
  14. Mistweave New Member

Just another vote to reinstate account to account transfers. I started 6 alt toons on the same accounts as my main toons (back when you could transfer) and was going to transfer them to 6 new accounts when they came of age. While this was happening transfers were stopped. On a TLP servers so Heroic not an option and with keys and such still being needed not wanting to spend the time to roll new toons. However, am willing to give DB the $25 per toon plus the subscription money on 6 new accounts. Seems like there are a few of us in this boat of just waiting to give DB money for this service. Seems someone in DB should look at this as a revenue maker. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.
  15. streggula New Member

Hello.
    Just wrote a couple of posts about putting tabs on the hot bars and a BUFFING NPC in the GL..
  16. Beardsy Elder

So who do we talk to about selling us mounts directly from the Daybreak store? I'm fed up of these illegal loot crates that promote gambling. When it costs $400 to still not get a mount, it's quite ridiculous. There's no reason you can't just sell us loot crate mounts for say $39.99 each.
  17. Tanamil New Member

Welcome to the mad house! Nice to have you here
  18. Yiaden New Member

Hiya, nice to meet you. I was wondering if you could find out from the DEVs why our EXPERIENCE was cut so badly? Thank you..

19. malicious rexx New Member

good morning, I was surfing and found that a data migrations is about to commence, my curiosity has awoken. what is this about? can you provide any details? server mergers perhaps?
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope no server merges at this time, this one is just movement from one data center to another.
    Aenvar likes this.