surprisring lack of tlp posts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by curious2, Feb 3, 2020.

1. curious2 Lorekeeper

what we want
    1) beasts and berserkers launched with classic (fun)
    2) more xp, just makes it more fun and leads to alts (more alts, more bags)
    3) more aa xp, same
    4) 2-3 month unlocks, leaning toward 2 (get to live quicker, have to buy expansions)
    5) dont want reduced lockouts, that makes more drudgery

win for us, win for daybreak/darkpaw
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Who's "we"?
  3. Hateseeker Augur

do servers other than selo have reduced lockouts? just wondering, since that kind of makes this a selo related post. obligatory:

WTB Selo 2.0 in 10-12 months:
    1 slightly faster xp and move up the autogrant schedule by 1 expansion - this is to promote alts to keep the server active
    2 reduced lockouts AND double loots (including double loots for non-raid rare mobs). No reason one can't exist if the other is in place.
    3 6 week unlocks but expansions like LDON, LOY, POR skipped
    4 all tradeable loot the way EQ should always have been
    5 bst and berzerker open at classic or open whenever the server starts (if Luclin again the BSTs are already there but add berzerker)
    Aenvar likes this.
  4. Alarizod New Member

The posts will be increasing here in the coming weeks as we get closer to end of February / start of March, I suspect.

And just wanted to say: I think the OP is mostly correct on what it seems the majority on this forum want.
  5. Bard2019 Elder

Mangler was almost the perfect TLP but if unlocks had been 2 months or 2 and a half months rather than 3, it would have helped greatly as people were just bored out of their minds. It would have also helped if cheaters/botters and the like were dealt with in a timely manner not 1 week before the next expansion is due to drop - like the charm changes that were desperately needed in era for Kunark. There's always going to be times when people get away with it, but when you have literally dozens of posts about the exact same set of botters in Rathe Mountains or at Ice Giants, farming it 24/7 for the entire duration of classic and absolutely nothing is done about it at all, at any point then or up until the present day, it ruins things for the majority of the population. Additionally, we lost a whole lot of people and a lot of interest in the server in Velious when some moron woke The Sleeper "on accident" 3 weeks in. I hope you'll consider a fix for this and all the other common sense things that every TLP complains about. It wouldn't take much. Consider a "Mithara" or "Aradune" TLP with a solid GM presence. Charge more if you want. Enough of us will pay for a Premium TLP experience.
    Rekreant likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

"you people"
  7. Krimmz The Lizard Journeyman

classic.
    3 month unlocks
    Coirnav XP
    Truebox

this is the will of amtrak.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definitely not a living will.
  9. Nolrog Augur

You spelled "I" wrong. You don't speak for we.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

After the prior "Premium" server experience the feedback about it from the company side was massively against ever doing that again, the levels of negatively focused entitlement from players experienced by SoE staff were off the charts, therefore I think this will only happen if it's a very cold day in hell.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Posting "we" was definitely a mistake, as for your wishlist, well they could do those things but some require some changes that so far the devs have been against making, mainly due to resources (the cost in time/people) needed to make them happen, they have to see some very big potential payoff to justify making any changes that demand coder time for example as it would detract from other things they need the coders working on.

That said I would like to see some of those changes make it to a TLP, I am happy on Phinigel but I would definitely enjoy a romp through classic in-era as a zerker. Unlock speed is subjective, some will have really enjoyed Selo unlock pace, some Phinny/Mangler & yet others the 6 month average of Ragefire/Lockjaw.

Myself I think an unlock schedule that more closely matched "most" guilds actively raiding beating things & gearing up would be better than an arbitrary 1, 3 or 6 schedule, the tools to relay to the dev team how each server works through content to be able to better reflect actual consumption/use of the content more dynamically could really benefit the experience, making harder expansions have a bit longer lifetime & easier ones a shorter lifetime to better keep players engaged, overall time to catch up to live probably wouldn't shift by a vast amount. The possible downside to that is unless enough heads up of the projected schedule (based off historical data) is given people will struggle to coincide days / weeks off work to be able to enjoy expansion unlocks as easily, which I know plenty do.

Thing with any accelerated schedule server is getting the sums right on all of the other things that support that schedule, drop rates/volumes/currencies/flagging systems/staggered roll outs etc. as I think not enough attention was paid to those thing ahead of time on all of the prior TLP roll outs & that has often caused issues.
  12. Moranis Augur

While we're at it - let's nip a few other things in the bud:

1. Nerf charming - It may have been like this since classic, but it's just too powerful. It's ridiculous. If you don't have 2-3 charmed mobs in you're group, you're falling way behind. If it were me, I would make charm add a 50% damage reduction debuff, 25% atk speed debuff, and you can't buff / equip the charm pet. Keep it slightly better than an animation, but maybe less than the combined DPS of 3 epic monks.
    2. Nerf Hill / Ice giant plat drops - Since it's evident that policing botting isn't high on the company radar, just nerf these guys down to like 1-5pp per kill like every other mob their level. It was a cool novelty, but like everything else, when abused, it does more harm than good.
    3. Remove out-of-era potions - Maybe this will "spread" out the botters since Sol B and SG won't be hotbeds for potion mats...but these are just silly-powerful.
    4. Remove pay-to-win potions - Again - stupid powerful and they just make the game less fun.
    5. Tinker with ZEMs to spread people out - Give us a reason to not take the typical Unrest / Guk / Chardok leveling path. Please. Give the Gorge of King Xorbb like a 300% bonus because no one ever goes there.
    That'll do, Donkey.
  13. curious2 Lorekeeper

if WE doesnt include you, that's up to you. it does include me and several of my friends WE
    i would edit the original just for you or is that you plural, but it wont let me
  14. Silver-Crow Augur

If all charms had the duration of a bard's charm, it would solve alot of these issues. It would still make it a useful tool for controlling a pull, and keep it situationally very powerful, without giving a charmer a huge long term DPS pet.

Giant's plat... yep, agreed.

Potions... don't use them, so don't really care. Personally if all the botter's are sitting in one dungeon, great i can go elsewhere and play in one of the less used dungeons.

pay-2-win... try EQ2, then you'll see what P2W is all about. I really don't think it's much of an issue on EQ1.

ZEM - people will always flock to the old haunts irrespective of xp bonuses. They were always busy historically because of things like - accessibility - is it easy to get to, difficulty - are adds crazy due to bad pathing, loot tables - is there anything i want there, population - does anyone else want to go there. PUGS are inherently lazy and always setup where the people are as it's easy to get replacements, and the camps are fairly well defined.

As to server unlock time, i quite like a mix of the old and the new.
    i.e. next expac unlocks in say 6 weeks after all raids are complete in an expac.

It keeps it fairly swift, but if more time is needed to finish the expansion e.g. due to keying, then it's given. Yes you'll always get the L33t guilds pushing to finish everything on day 1, but even they will hit a brick wall if they don't farm enough gear in earlier content.
  15. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
  16. Zansobar Augur

Totally agree on charming - needs to be adjusted asap.

Also agree on giants being adjusted to the appropriate coin drop based on their level (adjust to how it was back in classic).

The store potions have already been nerfed in that the availability is tied to certain expansions, and the ones you can buy (the mana regen one for example) are always weaker than the casted spell. So I don't think this is a problem as you will always prefer having the casted spell, but this just creates a good way for Darkpaw to generate revenue to keep the game afloat.

I think the other oddities are that Monk dps is way too high, needs to be adjusted to where it was in classic, and rogue backstab damage modifier needs to increase on piercing weapons for the first several expansions. Rogues should be highest melee dps, not monks as that is their only real job, while monks have others.
    Moranis likes this.
  17. Moranis Augur

Definitely fair points - I would be down with that charm idea as well. The out-of-era potions and DBG store potions get annoying because they are just another Easy Button. The game used to be difficult in some cases, but literally every "group game" change has just made the game easier and easier. Thiese are just low-hanging fruit to pluck in my opinion.

I think changing ZEMs might give people a legitimate reason to venture outside of the normal path other than for masochism - but it probably won't do a hell of a lot.
  18. Jontrann Augur

19. Jontrann Augur

1: Even if this gets nerfed people will just find new ways to min/max, just like how mage pets and sk harmtouches used to be FOTM.

4: Ok so daybreak should lose out on profit because u want your experience groups to kill 5% slower? Cool.

5: Been done before and didn't change a thing, pickzones made it to were you don't have to move zones to find open camps so people don't bother traveling for exp.
  20. Moranis Augur

1. That's fine - it's better that the best DPS is actually a DPS class and not a stupid support class (enchanter) that happens to have a stupidly OP spell.

4. Yes - pay to win is stupid, period. Clarity pots, and others, definitely give more than a 5% boost, sans an enchanter in your group...and if the charm nerf happens, you will see enchanter popularity drop ten-fold. This only really works if they bounce the OP distillate potions as well from the alchemy tables.

5. Everyone has a price...if Gorge of Xorbb had a 1000% exp boost, people would go. They didn't do anything notable in the past as far as I could ever tell. Nerf guk into the dirt - make the exp 25% of what it currently is. Nerf unrest the same way - those two zones are stupid easy mode. They are easy to get to, have very discreet leveling steps, are super safe to navigate, and everyone knows them blindly. Give some reward to risk. You know what zones suck to level at? Permafrost - pain the a$$ to get to, mobs levels are all over the place, casters glore, no undead, sub par loot. Mistmoore - kind of a PITA to get to, mob pathing sucks, train central, minimal good loot. Throw those dogs a bone.

I'm just trying to think of things that could give a positive boost (in my humble opinion) to the gameplay while being easy to implement.