Old Custom Velious Helm Graphics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by drizerker, Feb 1, 2020.

1. drizerker Lorekeeper

Is there a way to get these old Custom Helm Graphics on current helms like you could do back in the day? Would be awesome!
    Iven, Aenvar and Duder like this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea you can turn on old school models then turn on velius helms. Probably won't work for newer races due to them not existing during it though.
  3. Duder Augur

Yes please
  4. Thraine Augur

yes! custom helms ftw

i miss my old helm of the tracker with those sweet demon horns on it
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

To enable velious helms, and the other textures, put this into your eqclient.ini

LoadArmor17=TRUE
    LoadArmor18=TRUE
    LoadArmor19=TRUE
    LoadArmor20=TRUE
    LoadArmor21=TRUE
    LoadArmor22=TRUE
    LoadArmor23=TRUE
    LoadArmor240=TRUE

The 240 value is velious helms. The others are the textures such as netted kelp and the like.

In order for other people to see your OG hotness, they also have to have these values set.
  6. tuffer Journeyman

Does this still work Ravanta ? Might be user error or in the wrong spot. but I added these to eqClient.ini and it did nothing
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Hmm, that's a good question. I know it used to. Do you play with luclin or classic models? If memory serves, velious textures only work with classic models.
  8. tuffer Journeyman

Classic models on everything except Vah Shir. I wonder if that would stop it from working
  9. Matheus New Member

Dear Team,

Is there any chance of turning the Helm of the Tracker into an Ornamentation? The old world Velious helm was really cool, but it would be great to have the option to turn old-old items into armor ornaments. - (OR be able to purchase something that could make a copy of an old quest piece that'll turn it into an ornament).

Let me know your thoughts - thank you!
    drizerker likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think they should make all helms cooler than they are. They did good with the Golden Hero helm, so why not the rest of them?
  11. Iven Antonius Bayle

Demon horns ?
    Angel wings !

[IMG]
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

Does still work but not all velious helmets do use special textures. Many of the better helmets are invisible and there is a conversion quest for raid helmets to activate the special textures.