Top 3 Most Requested TLP Server Types

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alarizod, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Alarizod New Member

1) Firiona Vie style server. People here argue about the nuances (i.e. only 1 character, only racial languages), but the main thing these folks people seem to want is there to be almost no "No Drop" items.

2) PvP style server. People here argue about the types (Rallos Zek / Tallon Zek / Sullon Zek / Custom styles), but the main thing these folks seem to want is to be able to kill other players.

3) Agnarr Seasonal server. Most people here seem to agree they would like an Agnarr 2.0 server that will later merge into the Agnarr 1.0 server after so long.

---

People argue about various things such as:
    1) Boxing Allowed vs Truebox vs 1-Person 1-Account Only & No Boxing Whatsoever
    2) Allowing Beastlords / Berserkers at start or not

Most people seem to agree about various things such as:
    1) Agent of Change (most want it)
    2) Mark of the Mighty (most seem to be okay with it)
    3) Faster exp rates (most want it)
    4) 2 or 3 month unlocks (very few want anything slower or faster than that)

I personally am not taking sides too hard as I pretty much have played every start-at-classic TLP and play it until the next big one comes out. I love it. My friends think i am crazy for it, but I just can't get enough of it. But it would be nice to see one of the top 3 most requested TLP server types become a thing. Instead of a weird no-one-asked-for server (not to point out at any one in particular, but you know the ones). A plain old Mangler type always does the trick too, but if Darkpaw is looking to do something unique I think listening to the consistent themes here on this forum may be useful (for both profit and fun).

Just my observations. Have you noticed differently or is there anything I left out? :)
  2. Machen New Member

Only one of those three (FV ruleset) is requested regularly by any more than a vocal handful of people.
    Xanadas likes this.
  3. Alarizod New Member

What would you say the other top 2 most requested are? :) Something else? Or are you just saying you believe there have been very few PvP and Agnarr style request posts and there's pretty much only FV style request posts?
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

Machen is right. If I had to guess, it would go FV by far most wanted, then your typical classic start (with at least mangler exp rate) next would be either a velious/luclin start, or a TSS start.
  5. Machen New Member

FV Ruleset.

Non Truebox ruleset.

There really isn't a solid #3 if you had to pick 3.

Of all of the above, for whatever reason, only one has a realistic chance of happening according to the devs--non truebox ruleset. It's the only one that has ever gotten so much as its own stickied thread for discussion. FV ruleset is probably more requested but the devs have said they don't like it and don't want to do it.
  6. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

I am seriously qurious what kinds of gamers you guys are. is 12 weeks really long enough to put BIS on all slots? even though you can finish your farming within 12 weeks, what's the point of rushing to another expansions w/o having enough time to enjoy your fully equiped character before your gears go old? unlock speed should meet "ordinary players". How many hours per a week are "ordinary players" supposed to play this game?
    MMOer and Mycenia like this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

FV

It's one of if not the most popular Live server. What more proof of concept could we ask for? I bet coirnav would go #1 if they turned it FV loot tomorrow.
  8. yober Elder

To be clear people want free trade and maybe bonus exp, not FV.
    MMOer likes this.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If were being honest the 3 most requested TLP types are

#1 Limited boxing, not truebox either 2 or 3
    #2 Free Trade
    #3 PvP

#28 no boxing restrictions server
    #39 Start in some later expansion that we already have 6 TLPs in that nobody plays on.
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

I suspect most of the people yammering for a FV style TLP are those that abuse the system to make $$. If you think Mangler had more than it's fair share of A$$hats then wait till you see a FV tlp.

Wait... do it.. They'll all move there and Mangler will finally have their problems solved :D
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

As for PVP, there's already one waiting to be repurposed... Agnarr.
    It's level capped so not too difficult to become competitive, and once you're up to level, then there's minimal grinding and maximum ganking.

All it takes is for you to go there and turn red with a few like minded individuals. No need for a brand new server.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, lets look at FV on Live, it's the most popular server and absolutely nobody is making accounts on Live to farm krono. So, there are definitely players that want FV just because it's a good ruleset, especially for casuals. And casuals is really all that's left, by and large, in EQ today.
  13. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

your defination on "Casual" sounds like "Ppl who pay cash for items".
  14. Silver-Crow Augur

FV is successful because it is busy. People see a busy server, and start there.. which then perpetuates the high population status. If the ruleset was the only thing bringing people to the server, why is Brekt dead?

I think you're also mistaken about nobody farming krono on the server. When the VM ban hit a while ago, the server population died. I think that's a good indication that many of the accounts there are just boxes or bot'ers (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/so.260726/page-4#post-3839358)
  15. Zansobar Augur

Yes to most people FV server type means tradeable loot. The other aspects such as more xp and one char per server are ancillary.

I think the three most requested server types/properties are:

1) FV tradeable loot (no no-drop no-trade loot)
    2) Faster xp server
    3) non-truebox
  16. Jalerian Elder

I disagree with this. I think most people who want a FV style TLP are people who box that want to make it easier to gear up their boxes with hand me downs or solid gear purchased at a reasonable price in the bazaar. If everything is droppable, it would put more quality stuff on the market and drive prices to where they should be accessible.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Even in the thread on non truebox server there have been at most a small handful of people asking for this specifically. It gets mentions now and then but hardly #1.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Even in the "get rid of truebox" thread the majority of people would rather have limited boxing,instead of unlimited boxing. People have been mass requesting a limited boxing server since RF/LJ days it's the reason we got truebox in the first place, but even back then most people said they would rather have a 2-3 boxing limit rather than "truebox"
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I’m not sure most people agree on Mark of the Mighty.

I think it did solve one of the core issues, beginning raid mobs being pet walled or being harm touch slain instantly. But I don’t think it is a final state solution to the problem of a game that’s code and database has shifted so hugely over 20 years.

First of all the pet hate code with Mark of the Mighty makes sense for classic. You don’t want Nagafen and Vox being tanked by pets. But beyond that I really don’t think any other mobs require the pet hate sharing code. It’s a huge detriment to some classes having to bundle their own hate and their pets together. In many scenarios, like ToV or Tunare or Yelinak, mobs that are Permarooted, the pet hate share is just exploited to allow for a huge aggro build that tanks can then taunt off and not then back up and summon tank without needing to generate much more aggro the rest of the fight. In summary, after classic or maybe Kunark, cut out the pet hate share aspect of Mark of the Mighty.

Secondly, the damage mitigation aspect of mighty buff around Velious and onward isn’t large enough to make raids similar at all to what they were originally. I think the values especially by PoP could be increased. Looking at parses on TLPs from PoP era compared to parses from back in the day, players are putting out literally 2-3x the DPS due to the innate damage AAs for melee, DoT revamps, Destructive Fury AA line being moved from OOW to Luclin, and a few Nuke Spell value modifications in the 1-60 range. This makes many PoP fights even more trivial than they are because you can just blow through and skip mechanics or not have to deal with them for any period of time.

Lastly, I think they cut off mighty buff too early. It really should extend until around TSS/TBS era I think. In era we were burning through Uqua boss without seeing any adds, splitting Vishimtar with 25 characters and seeing maybe 1 egg spawn, etc. I think that a lot of these raids are made far too easy due to all the aforementioned DPS changes not to mention any mitigation changes and heroic stat itemization changes. Adding Mark of the Mighty to more raids in later eras would help make these raids a bit more of the challenge they used to be.

As for the popular server types if we go by posters I think FV -> No Krono -> No Truebox -> PvP. But I think it’s very clear they will never do No Krono and it’s also very clear they have no interest in a PvP server catering to a very vocal minority of players. I do hope for a FV server at some point though.
  20. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The #1 TLP server that is universally not wanted by the majority of the public and is publicly stated by the company so many times its almost quoted in the Webster Dictionary is ... "There will NEVER be a PvP TLP server"