GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The hard part isn't even turning them into useful numbers. The hard parts are:

• Making sense of what the things in the log files actually mean. It is NOT always intuitive.
    • Supporting multiple log file formats
    • Correcting things when EQ makes mistakes (bad timestamps / errors)
    • Making the UI to show the numbers in an easy to understand way.

I actually added a simple version of that functionality already, it just doesn't have ui elements to enable it yet. What I never finished was figuring out how best to illustrate which lines were actual matches vs the before and after. My first thought was simply coloring the lines, but that doesn't always help, it seems a lot of people that play EQ are colorblind, heh.
  2. Raccoo Augur

I've been using EmEditor for searching around specific lines of text. It loads much faster than notepad. You can also search multiple logfiles if that is something you'd want. It doesn't parse dps/heals/etc though.
  3. weebly Journeyman

Maybe a horizontal bar or a series of dash characters before and after each matching section, and boldface the matching lines, like this?

--
    This line doesn't match
    This line does match
    This line doesn't match
    --

Or add a gutter on the left side with an arrow pointing at the matching lines
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Drakah UI Designer

I have had no luck linking my Pet to myself, using 2.0.0.98 beta
    My pet "Rhaz" is treated as a player.
    Even if I try to edit the INI file it doesnt work.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I like this idea. The -- looks surprisingly like grep to me.
    The bold also makes the relevant line stand out (my version of grep uses colours - not sure terminal supports bold)
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Found the problem and it's been fixed for the next update. Thanks Drakah and Sancus.
  7. Helvetinker New Member

Thanks Beimeith for the 98(!!) beta versions. A celebration should be held in PoK to celebrate the 100th update soon ;) !
  8. mulila Elder

oops noticed under a different tab then where i was looking IGNORE this

BTW THANKS for the work you put into this awesome tool =) it has helped for many years to make myself put out alittle better DPS
  9. Barqe New Member

Wow. I really encourage anyone who uses and appreciates GamParse to read all of the 28 pages. I have been having an issue for months and months as my guild's raid parser, but I will download the newest version and come back afterwards if it is still an issue. What an incredible man you are Beimeith! Just spectacular dedication and I wish there was a separate thread that had everyone who downloads and uses your version to give personal thanks to you.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

What issue is that?
  11. Barqe New Member

Just reuploading my log from last night into .98 fixed the issue. I believe it was because of all the phrasing changes made in all the patches. I was still at .73 or .78 for many months and did not understand the importance of updating constantly. I could get the correct DPS parses at the end of the night, so gamparse was indeed picking up everyone's spellcasts, but looking at the Spells and Discs overview, and when exported to html, it would not show the indivdual casts of anyone but myself, and could not show when people were casting. If someone asked me a specific question about specific spells, I could look in Player DPS breakdowns to tell them what they wanted, but gamparse wasn't showing it in the spells and discs section. Stupid story short, update frequently. They matter.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Oh yes, definitely always keep it up to date.
  13. Allayna Augur

GamParse, the only thing with a longer testing period than Pantheon.
    Vumad and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, I have high standards for myself.
    Winnowyl and Celephane like this.
  15. Thegood New Member

After the recent patch changes, some zones are now listing as "an area where Bind Affinity is allowed".

Cheers for making this awesome tool!
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Is this on Test or Live?

Regardless, it should be fixed.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It's to let non-priest/casters know when they're in an area they can be bound in, outside of a city. Like in the EW camp and in the LDoN camps.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I know what it is for.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Don't download current version it doesn't work... I was being stupid and didn't backup 97 and downloaded 98 expecting it to work but it doesn't work at all.
  20. Ravanta Suffer Augur

98 Certainly does work. And has for months. For everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.