Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

How populated did this server end up? I've been on an extended break from EQ (little over a year) and was thinking about jumping into this content because I haven't done too much of it but if this server is dead/dying already then I'll avoid and either bring back my old characters or wait for the next TLP.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

To be honest this server was always going to struggle, as it's too close to Phinny, and now that Phinny has Heroic Characters too, albiet at a price, it's kind of lost it's USP.

The one ray of hope the server has is that the LOTA guild moved here, and has quite successfully made Miragul their home. How this will pan out in future is unclear, especially if the flow of people joining the server dries up. I think the server will only truely die if there are no guilds left clearing raid content in era. Once you start falling behind the release schedule, this is the true 'end is nigh' moment. Until then, the lights will remain on, and the server will tick along.

Personally if you want a fresh start, i would say come to Phinny. Yes you need to buy a heroic boost, but there are 4 solid guilds all clearing content in era, and the population 'blob' isn't going to jump to whatever new TLP is announced anytime soon. Out of all the TLP's i expect Phinny will be the only one which makes live with a decent population. Of course the later game isn't for everyone, but if you're contemplating Miragul, then this isn't an issue for you.
  3. That0neguy Augur

If this is the standard you set you are going to quickly need to re evaluate it since eventually no TLP (Phinny or Selo or Miragul) will be able to clear xpac's "In era"
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

Well speaking from the Phinny perspective we're still going strong. ROF was cleared well before COTF landed, and i see no reason that COTF can't be cleared too. I can't speak for the later expansions as i've never played them but our raid teams are strong and we look forward to the challenge.

Out of the 3 servers you've quoted, i expect Phinny will be the one which reaches live with a full raid complement and all raids completed.
  5. That0neguy Augur

RoI took 2 months to clear EoK, 3 months for RoS, 3 months for TBL. And that's with a year of gearing imbetween. So good luck staying current in era.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Lenowill Augur

Niche. It's got a small but active population (General hovers around 70 to 110 people at present), and the arrival of VoA is bringing in some new/returning people. If you're curious about it, this is a good time to check Miragul out. The casual+raiding optional guild that I'm in (TRIBE) currently has an influx of freshly created level 85s that could be good to group with as they come up.
  7. Bout Tree Fitty New Member

I Have boxed for years , I prefer not to , But I do because I do not want to sit on my hands and wait for a group when I can't find one, I understand not wanting people to use broadcasting software, etc etc, but 2 computers, can just have a link to use the same keyboard and mouse anyways, There is no indifference of 2 machines or 2 screens, I have been here since 2000 , I came back to play heroic progression, on this server, I even have a returning Guildy from eq2 coming to check it out, and a New to EQ friend who wants to play, I am activating 3 accounts to try to include my two friends, I feel like its not fair to me, that I am not allowed, to box one of my second accounts I pay for, If they stick to it, its their account, but Still, How can we increase the pop when there is always too short on players, and I can't even box my friends toon while he is working, so he can still have fun and raid, and take care of his kids? In the 14 or so years I have payed for my primary account with that time stamp, I never used broadcasting software, I used to have 1 screen and I would tab back and forth. My friend plays a full 6 group with spread screens, and no software assistance, But if someone is lfg, He is the first person to log a box and yank you in. But if he couldn't do that, He would be gone, and all the people he helps , and got back into the EQ spirit, Would be gone. Thats my 2 Sense, Cheers. -Breach 105th Season- 13.5k True AA's 13 Year old rogue. *Retired* . Playing on miragul, come join me, hopefully it picks up. Thanks for reading my thoughts.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly miragul is about as good as it's going to be. It's not going to suddenly get more players and I would put money on it that a non trivial amount of current players are jumping ship for the next tlp(s) in the coming weeks.

I'm not trying to come down on you but after you've been here for more than 1 cycle it's all pretty easy to see the patterns.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And that's something we are mostly aware of, and why several of us from Phinny are keen to push the devs on issues around flagging systems, currency earning rates & loot drop rates.

We hope we can get some changes put in that not only benefit Phinigel but also any TLP that follow after on accelerated unlock schedules.

Selo's will eventually overtake Phinigel & will be even more adversely impacted & impeded by gear gaps unless proposed changed are made.
  10. Bout Tree Fitty New Member

I just got 2 boxes up for my friends to pop on miragul and have some fun with me, but I won't be able to box their toon if there working to keep them caught up, it saddens me
  11. Machen New Member

I mean, that's the same on every server since account sharing is a eula violation.
  12. jeskola pheerie

That's when they started introducing artificial time blocks like limited number of flags, isn't it? Maybe they will adjust for TLP, they have in the past.
  13. Mangler-Wiz Apprentice

I Necro'd this thread specifically to let you all know Phinigel did clear everything in era, and we are about 1 month from Live. sooo.. na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo
  14. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

Technically, I don't think you can necro a pinned thread. It is on top regardless of what actions you take or don't take.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  15. Karnius New Member

I can't stand boxers, TRUEBOX is the best because it keeps away a majority of the 10 mage groups. When is Miragul coming out?
    Skuz and Bobbybick like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay who didn't send him the Memo?
    andross77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.