Next TLP: PvP (a potential solution to rampant issues)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Phinius Elder

Let it be known that Thewiz does not want to play on a PvP TLP server.

Thank you sir it has been noted. You may apply for food stamps when your 30 box crew is no longer able to farm kronos for you and Taco Bell becomes a luxury.
  2. Thewiz Augur

Lay off the glue, sir.
    Phinius likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I am bemused by the fact that none of the people calling for pvp seem to recall Sam Deathwalker and his pre-boxing program exploits. Trilogy is the last place you want to pvp
  4. JeffHanson Augur

PvP is not viable in a game like Everquest that allows players to use any kind of hack or cheat program.

Specifically, the map hack and warping ruined PvP on Zek.

Sure, AFK botting would not be a problem on a PvP server. But allowing those other cheats has already ruined PvP in EQ.
    Lovehaas the Mystic likes this.
  5. sumnayin Augur

ruined a lot more than PvP
  6. Jontrann Augur

I would do it if it got me the TLP server i wanted so you're wrong.
    Stagentti and code-zero like this.
  7. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Are you telling me these cheats DIDN'T ruin PVE servers or the PVE game ? ONLY the PVP server ?

LMAO, Sound LOGIC!
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

eq2 tries PVP,
    P99 tries PVP,
    EQ1 Tries PVP,
    Pantheon will try PVP........

we need a new pvp server a tlp one asap !
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Wow little transphobic there. With you being a member of the LGBTQ community yourself i would've expected better.
  10. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

If the game is so ruined, why are you posting on the message board incessantly?

I played on VZ from release - 2002 and loved PvP. I tried to come back a few years later (maybe 2005? I can't really remember because I quit so fast after) after the merger into Zek and couldn't even leave PoK to try to level up without people warping to me and instakilling me.

Hacks on PvE servers are bad, but they don't stop the non hacking players from being able to actually play the game. Daybreak/darkpaw would actually have to start enforcing anticheat to make a PvP TLP viable, and they are clearly not going to do that because PvE botters induce people into buying kronos.
    Fraggly and Machen like this.
  11. Machen New Member

This is pretty much the same as my account, minus the break. I played from 1999-2004. At times the cheating was so rampant that I had many friends ragequit over it.

That said, I was also frequently accused of warping for creatively using mage call of the hero, or cleric rez. Or at times, even simply running up to players invis when they didn't have see invis, then dropping invis and attacking them. (I was told fairly often than once that monks can't invis so I must have warped.) Players were quick to blame anything they couldn't immediately understand as cheating. That, at least, hasn't changed in 20 years.
    Dulu and Fraggly like this.
  12. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

I guarantee if Daybreak launches a PVP progression server, former players from the Zek servers will come in droves to play. They will need to open a 2nd and possibly 3rd server to handle the population. And these will be NEW subscriptions, not the same recycled players that keep playing the current progresssion servers over and over. Nobody plays anymore on Zek because damage has gotten so far out of control that PVP there is all "disc and one-shot people". You trolls can say whatever you want, but there is definitely a big potential market for Classic EQ PVP.
    Dulu likes this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If they launch a PvP server I'm going to join and use the following:
    Warp hacks, no delay (limited) and kill fools for fun until a ban after 6+ months of it, then waste another krono doing it again on another throw away account until I wasted all my left over krono. :D
    Meridian likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

You're right. It solves a lot of issues by having a server no one plays on. Completely eliminates all bottle necks by having no competition.
  15. Ayoheee Augur

At least PBAE groups would go away.
  16. code-zero Augur

I do think it's funny that the PvP posters who seem to think that Zek is too hard and won't go there, yeah I'm talking about the "pop a disc one shot" comment, think that they'd stand a chance against the people who figure out ways around true box and every other obstacle that can be put in front of them. It those people actually took the loud mouthed PvP'ers as a fun challenge the results wouldn't go the way that the OP and others like him think it would
  17. Phinius Elder

Dude you're right! This happens to be another one of my main gripes with the current meta, and PvP would again solve it.
  18. Phinius Elder

I could literally wipe any box crew as an enchanter by myself.
  19. code-zero Augur

You talk a good game
  20. Risiko Augur

Everybody says that PvP will solve the problem with the cheaters who run rampant today.

That sentiment would last right up until they get killed by one of those cheater's boxes that kills them from across the zone.

Stop and think about it for half a second. THEY CHEAT. HELLO!! McFly?!

They will just modify the code on their boxes to kill you anytime you come in a zone they "own".

You think Darkpaw Games is going to do anything about it? Really? They don't do ANYTHING to the real cheaters today. What makes you think they are going to police the cheaters when they are lollerskate pwning you on a PvP server?
    Skuz likes this.