Shroud of Stealth bug?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bahdah, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Bahdah Augur

Can we look into this bs that knocks off or doesn't land hidden when you hide/sneak.

Its every now and then when you hide/sneak but doesn't land SoS. im not sure wth is doing that but its really annoying.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  2. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Possibly related to this is that I’ll zoom out and see that I’m not invisible, no parentheses, and no invis buffs in my various huff windows but NPCs won’t talk to me. I even cycle attack and thieves eyes but still no response. Only after I cycle sneak/hide again can I talk to the NPC.

So strange.
    ajschliewe likes this.
  3. Skecpa Journeyman

That might be the "trade while hidden" feature... first click drops your invis, second click puts the item in the trade window. They'll take the item but you'll seem hidden to everyone still and NPCs won't talk to you. You still interact with the world as if you are hidden but you're visible on your screen without the ( ) indication.
  4. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

I have noticed during Primetime lag, especially in EW that sometimes the sneak and hide success messages take whole seconds to return from the server and sometimes not at all. I started hitting sneak, waiting for the message, then hide. Often I would break my own hide due to lag, but didn't check for parentheses. And don't even get me started on bugged parentheses issues. There has been known issues there for years.
  5. forum troll Elder

I am not sure if this is still the case, but I remember a rogue friend telling me he made a macro with /target hisname
    If he was successfully in SoS he would not target himself, vice versa if he did target himself no matter what parenthesis shows his SoS wasn't active
  6. Vythika New Member

Haven't seen this happen. The only way my SoS gets messed up is if I move too quickly after doing hide+sneak. Even then I can see the message saying I broke hide.