Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Kontra Augur

Is it intended that you can lose the ore itself when making a type 19 augment with Jewelcrafting? These are very rare drops from trash in the raid zones to begin with.We cleared both T1 missions entirely and only had 3 drop total, which would be fine if you weren't also running the risk of failing the combines on top of that. The difficulty for a lot of folks will just be in getting them...To then have the ore lost when attempting combines with close to max JC + 15% trophy really hurts. I'd ask you to consider making it so the ore itself is always returned on a failure, with only the diamonds potentially being lost.

(not posting this in Bug Reports, as I don't think it's really a bug per say...but I want people's opinions)
    Marton, Yinla, FubarEQ and 4 others like this.
  2. kizant Augur

I felt the same when I lost my group ore since it took forever to get. The craftsman potion sales must be doing really good right now.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Jondalar Augur

Do they even work in this case?
  4. Forcallen Augur

That is awful considering how rare they are.
  5. Fian Augur

ROS raid diamonds had like a 1% failure rate. That is probably what it should be for TOV too.
  6. Fian Augur

I do have one question about the type 19 augs. To create them you need to have completed the 7th earring quest. Is there a way to trade them, or basically only those that have completed the 7th quest get the type 19 augs?
  7. Zurril Elder

ROS raid diamonds were guaranteed drops on event completion. This is rare RNG. I believe 1% failure is fine as long as it returns the ore.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  8. Fian Augur

No, failure rate was higher in ROS, but you always got the diamond back except for 1% of the time where you lost the diamond (never lost a diamond personally). When it comes to TOV, they would be consistent with ROS if they had the 1% failure return rate as well. If they have a higher failure rate, then that would be a new path.

It should be noted that with TOV you get to pick the type of aug you want, while with TBL it was what the RNG gave you. So getting key augs was an extremely rare drop rate in TBL.
  9. Sancus Augur

Completely agree. Both the group and raid drops should be returned on failure; the group ones seem especially rare (outside of the first month with cracked up named spawn rates) and the system does not need another layer of RNG.

Having a generic drop so you can choose your aug is an improvement over the TBL system, but having the risk of TS failure is awful.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

I agree totally it makes it worst when your guild lets anyone roll on them and people who are on level 0 or 1 of the earring win a roll for something they won't be able to use for months (add to the fact the GD collection being bugged even more delay).

It is also a nightmare because unlike the old 19 augs that dropped and were lore so if you got the same aug drop 20 times it was less people rolling everytime another dropped. In this case every drop everyone wants.

Add to that also sucks that none of the trash in the instance even needs to be killed so your guild may get the raid clear the raid and drop it before any trash is killed. It isn't like other TBL raids where you had to clear alot of the trash before you even would make an attempt on the raid boss.

I think these ores should be lore. It would stop someone from getting more than one until they use the current ore they have. This would keep people who aren't anywhere near being able to use them win stacks over others who can use them.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

So, to summarize:

"My guild can't manage distribution on these, so DBG (DPG?) should do that for us by arbitrarily adding more restrictive circumstances for the playerbase to navigate."
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Well I almost think this is more important for the group based ones than the raid ones. A guild can come up with their own rules and lose members from pissing them off but it is kinda their choice. It is a bigger problem when you talk about the group 18 ore that is extremely rare from named which in that cast is harder for you to control and a person who never will do the earring could roll and win 100 of them.
  13. Ashian Augur

Being able to choose which aug you make, in my opinion, is worth the significantly lower drop rate. It was really demoralizing clearing TBL over and over again hoping for an Enhancement aug but getting 10 assaulting / defending / casting ones.

As a tank, there are 5 ToV type-19 augs I want. Maybe I got lucky, but with 395 JC skill I went 4 for 4 making type 19s so far.

The only change I would recommend is to make Frozen Fate a lot more common. EVERY player, regardless of whether you do the earring quest, can benefit from up to 10 of these. A full clear of GD / EW yielded 4 total. Given the diminishing returns on luck, this doesn’t feel like an appropriate reward for time invested.
    Daedly likes this.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Some way to use your oringal luck charm aug from TBL and combine it with the luck charm aug from ToV would be nice. Pretty sad when you spent alot of time to find 10 luck augs then paid to merge 10 TBL luck augs only to have 1 drop in ToV be better then it. Maybe a way to add 10 luck TBL aug with a ToV 11 luck aug and make a 15 luck level of it? Add a 5 luck TBL + 11 luck ToV and get a 12 or 13 out of it?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes, though the chance is small. Most times when you fail you'll get it back.
  16. Kontra Augur

Thanks for the clarification Ngreth. I assumed it may have inherent 5% ore loss chance or something. My guildie attempted 3 combines and was successful with 2/3. (We chose to give all 3 ores to him, as he was the only one of us that had L7 ear and could actually make the augs)
  17. Duder Augur

[IMG]
    Vumad, kroag, FubarEQ and 2 others like this.
  18. Sobmre Augur

you forgot the pic of a red dot on the booty hole
    Whulfgar and FubarEQ like this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Add one for loses 3 rolls to a person who doesn't even have earring 1 and no tradeskills over 100. Maybe just show him just repeatedly training that person over and over again until they get banned.

I made my first 3 because I had used a tradeskill recover potion for doing the number 7 combines. But at that time I was thinking it would be impossible to lose the ore in a combine. Makes me question if it was possible to lose the rare items on the earlier earring combines although noone I know who failed any lost the hard to get stuff although I think in the quest said you couldn't lose that part.

I just want to see someone lose earring 6 in the final 7 combine so I can laugh (yes I know that is probably impossible but there always could be that bug).
    Duder likes this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

How many times did people have augs rotting in TBL raid instances? Now, no rotting. Every ore gets turned into an attempt at an aug. May fail sometimes, but I bet you need FAR fewer drops to complete the pieces you actually want.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Axxius like this.