ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Requiesce Journeyman

No. Need at least 300 modified skill.
  2. Kontra Augur

The research combine for L5 quest for PS requires modded skill of 312, I was able to complete at 313 base with no trophy or geerlok
  3. Kontra Augur

For the L6 quest final earring combine, I wasn’t high enough to attempt the combine at base 301, but was able to combine with Geerlok at 316...so I assume it is also 312 modded
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

For quest 7, I am terrible at writing quest write-ups so here's a short and sweet:
    The first thing you do is the restless assault group mission. Just the normal one, and you don't need to do anything different or special in the mission.

Then the next step is to do a new group task that crusader gives you. It's an instance of Kael, and all you really need the group for is clearing the trash faster. There's no boss to kill or emote shenanigans or anything like that. Just bring a group that can kill trash kael giants and you'll be alright.

Kill every trash giant in the mission, including the one on the top of the arena where you first fight avatar of war.

Pop into the arena and you'll see three corpses attacking a statue of rallos zek. Kill them. Nothing special here, just normal trash.
    The quest text is a little cryptic on what you have to actually do, and I'm not 100% sure that all of this is required, but before I gave him the earring as indicated in the quest text I crouched (I did ask the group to crouch as well, but I didn't check to see if all of them did) and said All Hail Rallos Zek! to him, then handed in the earring.
    (If you hand him the earring before saying All Hail Rallos Zek which may or may not also require being crouched while doing so....he will ignore you, and then just kill you if you hail him normally)

I'm pretty sure if he ignores you by not doing the interaction properly that you have to dump the task and wait for the 6 hour lockout to refresh. I was real tired when I did it the first time, maybe I missed something.

Do your hail with the crusader, and you'll learn the type 19 recipes.

If you fail the earring (I did on first try) just make another bar. You do not have to run audience again, it will automatically anoint.
    Mithra, Riou, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  5. Ashian Augur

I recommend you delete this walkthrough. The quest "audience" is unique and those of us who have gone through it before have made an effort to keep the dynamics a secret to avoid spoilers.
    Duder, ArtremasEQ and Kuaamil like this.
  6. kizant Augur

If someone doesn't want to be spoiled they wouldn't be reading walkthroughs.
    Moege, FubarEQ, Yinla and 5 others like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Spoilers? Secrets!? LOL... someone hopped in a Delorian and went back to 2002.
    Zaray and Celephane like this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

I was the only one who ducked and said the text to him. I tried turning in before doing the duck and text and he just rejected the item but nothing failed. I also failed the earring combine and had to remake the bar (kinda annoying having to remember where everything was made so make sure you add it to a favorite in the container encase you fail). You can fail every thing combine and they are all like 400+ so after failing one of the sub combines on 2nd bar making attempt (none failed on the first go through) I just bought a potion from TS and made sure it would work the next go through.

Fairly simple task but it is funny that with the GD collection being bugged and how many times you have to do it right now to get the collection they make you do it again on the 7th quest.

Odd that the zone it tells you for the audience with rallos is all but the first task said GD so I wasn't paying attention to the text he gave me and I ran all to the valley to talk to the static one and the static kael zone trying to figure out where I had to talk to him but it was a mission that he gives you. It was likely my own fault cause it was 2am when I was trying to figure this stuff.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Does anyone know what happens if you make an aug combine and you happen to have one in the lore group already? Does it not let you make the combine, does it just destroy your ore and not give you an item, or what?
  10. Kuaamil Elder

Yeah. I've been keeping my lips sealed except for the group of friends that came with me to see the mission.I think some things are good left to surprise for a little while.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Dikeledi New Member

Lol.
    Moege likes this.
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

That ships sailed, its already been quoted.

I found audience a clever end quest for the 7th Ear, after SO much grinding ! But easily spoiled.
  13. Fian Augur

I am personally glad that people are posting walkthroughs here. Please keep it up!
  14. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

So very much this. I am having a lot of fun with this quest and its rapidly becoming my favorite part of TOV.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think the requirement breaks are much better than the TBL counterparts. Having one category of achievement to complete per additional tier is much better than having to have everything to get beyond level one.

That said, I wish it was an either/or type thing, as in: there are X number of requirements, one at a time, to level the earring. The paragon thing is blocking me from doing the next earring, but I've had hunter done for quite some time (and have been one set away from collectibles for quite some time) . . . if I could leave paragon for last that would be swell, since I don't think I'll get that done this year.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Thanks for posting this!
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I'm just happy to hear there's only 7 earrings. I started to get really, really scared that there were closer to 10.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

Hmm there are 8.
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You just took away my birthday...........

... more importantly, I just saw someone else in a different thread say that ToV Hunters was required for one of the earring levels. Is that true? And if so, which level?
  20. Ashian Augur

Level 7, after scavenger (required for level 6). Conqueror is required for level 8 so you need to have beaten every raid to progress it that far. Obviously not all raids are in the game yet, so after you bloody you’re earring for level 7, you’re just waiting.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.