Burn mission Velks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Novaburst New Member

Just because certain high powered groups can burn through it you scream nerf it? Then all the groups that are not set up as high dps can go suck an egg? Until of course someone starts whining the expansion is too hard? Nice Merry-go-round you want to start.
  2. aozs Augur

Heh yeah, Kael is definitely burnable if you're ok with handling all the adds at once (which I don't see being a problem for capable groups). It's not like the Grik'lor mission - there are no hard stops, you can pretty much always be doing meaningful damage.

Actually I'm a bit sad that people are reluctant to share results because I enjoy seeing what's possible if people are pushing the game to its limits. I'd hope the devs wouldn't throw out nerfs in response to some parses posted on these forums, but I haven't really followed this game enough to see whether or not it happens.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Sadly it happens.
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I thought calling for nerfs called for a deleted thread and possible forum suspension.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  5. Fintank Augur

We've done the whole mission in 31-33 seconds a handful of times, our group is normally the same people/classes though.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  6. Drpeppa Journeyman

I neber understood why people want things nerfed. Not saying this is 1 of those times simply trying to express that.

Just because not everyone is 100% same exact skill in class across the board does not mean those at the bleeding edge of pushing their class to the extreme should not be what gets their class nerfed or not.

Now if 75% of any class are doing just obsene insane amounts of dps over the next class one must take into account what those classes are and what their jobs are.

If lets say 5% of the entirety of all warriors for instance are regularly pushing numbers that 95% of the class cant. Does not mean its time for a nerf by any means. Thats just not logical. Of anything those 5% that are clearly heads and shoulders talent wise above their peers should be celebrated not looked down upon.

What has the world come to when we can not celebrate some one elses skill in class with out it being called a nerf fest ?
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I mean, that's what eq is for many... it's why there are still flame wars on the boards between guilds crying that they may not be #1 or #2 in a game that exists in an entirely imaginary, fabricated environment owned and operated by someone who is NOT us. It's about ego and e-p's. That's it.
    Hitty likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

More dps has always meant less mechanics to contend with. It's also hard to nerf these missions, you do need to contend with casual players who should be able to do the content.

Oh you can burn kael
  9. enclee Augur

This is true and it's clear this mission isn't designed for level 115s in ToV gear. It's meant for people in leveling in lesser gear, considering the massive experience bonus locked to achievement.
  10. Laronk Augur

Also what are the rules of this thread, can I spend like a hour and a half or 2 hours in the instance so every burn is up on every mob so I can have a better shorter combined parse? =)
  11. kizant Augur

The rules of the game are independent of the skill of individual players. If the developers didn't intend for warriors to have numbers that those 5% are reaching then the game should be fixed. The game would be broken even if only 1 person could do what was not intended.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There, there, Novaburst. Calm your new account tendencies. This will benefit you by making you actually learn the mechanics and deal with them rather than completing a mission with a 6-hour timer in 45 seconds.
  13. Laronk Augur

The problem isn't so much warriors or tanks, its how ADPS works and that warriors have a lot of "white" damage and don't have stacking issues with that ADPS so without doing anything special they get to hit some amazing numbers.

It's not just that those warriors are doing really well, the bard and the shaman and the beastlord and who ever else you have there with ADPS is pressing all their buttons at the right time so he's getting all of the right effects at the right times
    p2aa likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

That doesn't change anything. Every DPS needs good ADPS. But if the warrior is doing more DPS than some DPS classes with the same ADPS I think you have a problem.
    kroag, Duder, Riou and 3 others like this.
  15. Requiesce Journeyman

I wish the State Department had a program where you could submit stupid posts on the internet to ensure certain people aren't allowed to vote for meaningful things.
    Hitty likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'm happy to see new members posting. Thanks for your vote!
    FubarEQ likes this.
  17. Kontra Augur

I’d like to run it with SK BRD SHM BER BER MNK and press all the buttons...maybe I’ll set something up this weekend and post the parz
  18. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

If you want a really cool challenge slow roll this mission after about 5 minutes it becomes a very interesting event. Kinda a preview of what will happen if they nerf this
  19. bortage spammin lifetaps

Another way to get a harder mission is to pop a few healer mercs in place of dps so that the tank gets randomly gibbed by the first guys emote when he targets one of said mercs
  20. Kobrah Augur

SK druid monk wiz bard bst .. 66 secs .. 1.5 mil on high mob .. 1.3 mil combined