Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

If some one can not stand to do some research (asking friends .. guildies ..) or going threw it with some one who can farm it .. an see'ing the mechanics of the system at play ..

Thats a fundemental issue of most games today no matter WHAT MMO you play .. if you lack the basic understanding of what is ahead of you .. Your gonna suck
  2. Bamboompow Augur

Group content should be the base game package. Which implies that the raids are a separate SKU that are purchased as an optional add on. Mostly that provides at least the physiological mind set that if the raids are obviously not being created to accommodate where you are as a player or where your guild happens to be as players then you do not have to deal with blowing money on content you can't possible hope to do anything with. Its not even a "get Guud" thing. Plenty of players can fall behind even though they are skilled due to RL events. Being a good player does not require being in the game 40-60 hours a week. It might take a full expac to get caught back up so why pay for content that will be mudflated by the time one is actually ready for it?

It won't happen though. Certain player demographics won't appreciate what is in essence a removal of a subsidy that allows their content to be created.
  3. Dyna Elder

I am sure you knew what I meant.
    I thank you for the advice but wish it were given with a friendlier attitude and also understanding that we are not all in the same situation as far as our games go. That does not take away my right to express my own opinion.

I am sure you will be disgusted but I have no idea what "rocket boots" are.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Its actually the best element of evidence that supports my assertion that the task system is inferior and waste player time for no reason because it sucks. The only way for it to suck less is for players to get detailed walkthroughs from third parties.
    Dyna likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

0 recast time. Guess they care more about the several seconds it takes to cast the AA than they do your experience.

90 rez is click stick and can be done while kiting, so that's a different beast.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This thread. So much wrong. So little value.

Killing the game. Meh. Your complaints are killing my mojo!
  7. Whulfgar Augur

100% crystal clear we ALL are allowed to voice our persona opinion of the game / other's here on the forums.

Again, I come at people how they come at me. I tried to play nice an offered help .. before .. you got snide..

If we can move beyond that whole situation I can help you. If you choose to take it is on you. Rocketeer boots are tinkered items that are made via players in Trade skills .. They are clickable items that allow you to be tossed up in the air about 100 paces .. an forward roughly 25 paces.. They are perfect for using in situations like this very particular TBL grp mission.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Or .. I dunno .. Ask people who have done the mission what exactly to expect ?

Funny.. you never mention this .. VERY perfectly acceptable way to Everquest grp missions knowledge. I guess if I were you I'd ignore that aspect too because it makes my stance (me being you in this instance) weaker overall ..
  9. Dyna Elder

Tried you cubby method...several times! Yeah lol! That was great! Lol dead faster than before.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

What was your setup character / class wise ? And were merc's used if so what kind?
  11. Daedly Augur

What is it that is killing? As in, getting overwhelmed by the timed adds, AE's, emotes, is the boss too much for you guys to handle?
  12. Dyna Elder

Tried different ways, the last we grouped with some 114's Monk Bard, War and Cleric were theis Cleric, and Ranger ours so two real healers no mercs.
    The blasts just took us out 3 times.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You don't need a walkthough! The majority of quests and missions have all the information if you bother to read the quest steps (the bit at the bottom) and what the NPC tells you.

When TBL first came out there was no write ups, I think it was the first expansion in years where there was no information.

Many players are incapable of reading the quest steps and insist in following a write up. In TBL I banned my group in Aalishia from using a writeup as their steps varied from what was in the write up and they were not looking at what they needed to do!
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are you aware you can continue to other zones without completing all trials? You only need all trials to see Plane of Smoke.

Amphitheatre is the easier of the 2 you have left.
    Port up to the platform - Warrior, Wizzy, Chanter - cleric & merc can heal from below (not sure on DPS mercs - Ranger if you use a large illusion can bow from getting on the taller rocks around the edge of the Ampitheatre.

Trial of Ashes you could really use 2 tanks for this, one for the named and 1 for the adds, If healing is strong you maybe able to tank both on the warrior. Kill adds before named always, make sure you are all positioned with your back to a rock so you don't get kicked off the island when the knockback happens.

Personally I never liked the cubby at the front we always used a large open area towards the back where we could move to avoid the AEs. Moving more than 1 char isn't always easy, but with Auto follow it is possible. Avoiding the large AE maybe all you need to survive and beat it.

Good luck. :)
  15. Dyna Elder

Thanks

Thanks!

"Are you aware you can continue to other zones without completing all trials? You only need all trials to see Plane of Smoke."
    I have tried zoning into any others and cannot get in after the successes.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

You still have to do progression to unlock the other zones. The only thing beating a trial gives you is a temporary (3 days?, been a while...heh) Plane of Smoke instance you can travel through to Empyr if you haven't beaten all the trials to get access to the real Smoke.
    Dyna likes this.
  17. Dyna Elder

Thanks for the rocketboot tip, I made them for our group and another higher level group, they took two of my group in and won that mission. So part of my group is finished with that. The boots work great! They are actually fun!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Its ironic how some of the little things such as this.. can h3lp more then people realize..
  19. Alekzandre Augur

And that is exactly the point of the OP, why drive them off.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It was actually through being around and on discord with some of the very first people to work through TOV quests that the issues with the Task system were clearly evident through THEIR accounts. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to benefit from their knowledge. "They" are and continue to be the top guild on FV and they just needed "XX class" for a task to help one of their own progress. I happened to fit bill at the time. I appreciate their assistance and was happy to help them out and their member. But still they and now I see how the problems with the task system make it the "new trials" in TOV.

Try again...