Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. Dyna Elder

In the first place we should not have to have a new expansion to help us complete the one we have.
    Second like I said, when you pay for content the very least you expect is to not be locked out of even seeing that content! if the trials lock you out of some further content later ok.

Third, I guess even though we have never failed to finish and enjoy without breaking a blood vessel from frustration any content, we are just losers because have TOV T1 armor and spells to 112 and still cannot get past the smoke trials!

My Husband and I box our group but we have fun, we consider games to be for pleasure not feel like we went back to work.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Whats your tank ? Whats their AA count ? Whats the gear per slot ? Whats the healer ? Whats their healing AA count ?

Whats the rest of the grp make up ? You said yall box it ? Cool jazzy snappy for ya .. Whats your strats per each individual smoke trial ?
  3. Dyna Elder

Lol that is a lot of chat for this little discussion, but we have a War for tank, we have a cleric and a merc healer both, we had complete AA's at the time we started trying the trials, we started with total GMM equip and the best augs in game drop, non raid.
    Want my pantie size? Lol
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Well you are wondering why you can not beat smoke trials (which is 1 expansion old now) and appear to think just because with a grp of casuals you can smoke (pun intended) the ToV mercs / part / grp missions.. you should be able to do the same to a harder content expansion thats now older.

So .. Questions must be answered. AA count of each player you guys box, what strat yall use per smoke trial .. (thats most important)

Or did you an your husband think (wrongly) that just because you are new levels new gear .. yall should now be able to stomp smoke trials ?

Levels and Gear are .. a huge huge part of it. But that is not ALL .. you need to beat some of the harder content from the last expansion.

You need viable strats .. (most importantly)

You need viable related AA's. (yes even TBL's ranks and now ToV's ranks)
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I get what you're saying. Quite frankly, however, you are complaining about achieving something that you find difficult to achieve. It literally would have no value if it were easy.

You later admit you play for fun. Which is great. But let's get one thing clear - you are NOT losers simply because you struggle to complete content. Smoke Trials are HARD. They are DIFFICULT. They will TEST you. That's why they're called trials. I must have tried to box some of those trials 100 times. Literally. I got pancaked. Steamrolled. Smashed. I failed - miserably. But I asked for advice, and I persisted. I geared up some more, I AA'd some more, I tweaked my tactics until, finally, I got my win(s).

Discouragement is natural when faced with failure. The main difference between someone who fails and someone who succeeds is persistence. Raiders fail. Best players fail. The reason they succeed is because they get up, dust themselves off, and get after it again. And again. And again. And again. And again.. until they've got it.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

As some one who literally did TBL with my main raid geared warrior with friends .. Then again with my alts' not 1 of them had a single raid item when I ran threw the second time with just them ..

Then posted my strats to help other people here on these very boards who claimed it was impossible. I am now here to assure you .. poster to poster .. they are not as hard as you claim they are my friend.

And now I will help you if you allow me to .. to get past them with your setup.
  7. Dyna Elder

This is what we have always done, why we have completed all past expansions have the tradeskill aug and maxed AA's Maxed tradeskills.
    This is my problem, trials are locking me out of the WHOLE expansion! I have not even been allowed to LOOK at the new lands or try to collect collectables in them right from the beginning of the expansion.
    Now many of us have full time jobs and a lot to do on days off, pretty clear we are not kids. I may never get to try enough times to get in we simply may not be able to accomplish it I am thinking no matter how hard we try until they are so low level to us we can't fail!
    I don't want to not see the expansion lands until I have gone through several other expansions. I know we are not the only ones who have failed this until even a new expansion is out!
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Good now were getting some where ..

Warrior (max grp geared, max AA)
    Cleric (max grp geared, max AA)

Merc healer .. Merc healer ..

thats 4 total players / mercs ..

You think .. you seriously legit think you should be able to beat ANY content with warrior , cleric , cleric and thats it ?

ok you wanted to get snippy with the pantie size comment..

Get guud ..

seriously if you can not see the issue here .. Everquest is not for you period.
  9. Dyna Elder

I have watched videos and spent late hours reading what others have to say. We are not all the same, you say "it is not as hard" well for us it is. I have not insisted it is impossible for everyone but we are average players we have struggled with a lot of things but always succeeded.We had fun though, this has not been fun at all to us.
    I am very glad for those who are enjoying.

I do thank you for offering to help us and others. I do not have my stats and don't want to dump my traders to bring them all up tonight.
  10. Dyna Elder

Lol no

We have my Wiz and a Chanter and a Ranger all max AA'd GMM geared and now ToV geared.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

You can not beat a single thing in TBL with warrior cleric , cleric merc cleric merc when it comes to grp content.

Your setup is what is failing you.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

ok so exactly what is .. your guys set up you have posted two different setups now ..

Warrior , cleric , cleric merc and another cleric merc .. 4 total.

And just now you posted wiz / chanter / ranger max aa grp gear an all that.

So exactly what is your setup when you run smoke trials .. you can only have 6 total .. so I know you aint combining both those setups.. thats 1 toon too many ..
    Dyna likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

And which Trial is thee hardest for you an your husband?
  14. Daedly Augur

You should be able to easily do Wending Ways, remember there is no time limit between engages, just invis around and take your time.
    Cyclone, move your chanter and ranger to the top BEFORE you start. Keep your warrior, cleric, wizard and a dps down below. Make sure that the dps merc is owned by someone who is down below. Start the event, set the ranger to autofire. When the adds are dead, switch to the chanter and ranger and DoT the boss. Rinse and repeat.
    Trial of Three should be doable easily as well, just have to put in some practice with emotes.

Those three should be pretty easy.

I haven't done Ampitheatre(sp?) since they removed the ability to Target the moving aura and kill them, but with some practice, it should be doable.

Ashes, I only did it once, and I healed/dps through most of the mechanics, so don't know what good strats are for that.
  15. Dyna Elder

NoI never said this "Warrior , cleric , cleric merc and another cleric merc .. 4 total"
    .that is not what I said but I am not sure you know how to be helpful without being demeaning or just plain unkind..
    I have a life you know, cooking dinner, eating, cleaning guess I haven't fulfilled the answers fast enough or as detailed as you wish for you to be helpful.
  16. Dyna Elder

Have not been able to do
    Trial of the Ashes of Rusted Cliff's Glory

Trial of the Speaker's Amphitheatre
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Figured you would say this.. good thing I know how to quote via your own words.

War -1
    Cleric - 2
    Merc healer both = 2 merc healers.

I come at people .. how they come at me.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

This is easy.. there is a cubby (hole in the wall style) directly in front of the bridge you use to come down to the island.

Stack all your toons in that cubby .. and chain heal threw the AE's.
    Get yourself a set (per toon) of rocket boots.

Use the rocket boots to defeat the bosses by choice (as the clicks to get up to each individual boss may get messy at times.

As for the 3 sets of two mobs that come .. before the bosses (the key droppers to each mini platform for each mini boss) they are 100% fully CCable.. by literally any type of root / punt ability or even enchanter's mezzing them.

As for the "Ae" that swirls around the room easy way around that is to pull the 2 mobs (3 waves of) out of the room a little bit (Same area you hail the NPC at) dont pull them to far out of there, as they can leash.

However there is a sweet spot you can pull the trash to and tank it all out in that lil area .. which will be 100% outta the way of the AE.
    Dyna likes this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

Does it have a reuse delay? Pallies 90 during raids?
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Maybe they don't want to spend hours on the internet wading through walk throughs that exist only because the TASK SYSTEM is complete garbage. We are back to that again...believe it.
    Dyna likes this.
  21. Whulfgar Augur

Your arguement lost its teeth the moment you used this .. as the very basis of your debate.
    enclee likes this.