Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Ngreth literally says the reason for the lockout is so the same group of people can only do it once. He then says do what you want with your loot. And why not it’s your loot?
    He then says you can add an alt to the raid for loot if you want.
    So you people mean to tell me they intend to allow you to loot on an alt without receiving a lockout and be able to return with said alt and do the event again? Yet you can’t do the event and receive a lockout then do it with a different group of people and add a locked out character for loot?
    These are the exact same things. By all of your interpretations if you have ever added an alt to a raid for loot he/she did not participate in you have broken the rules by avoiding a lockout.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Remien like this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If we want to be pedantic about it, you just pointed out that it is, by Ngreth's words, ONLY ALLOWED TO ADD AN ALT not a main.

Or do you want to edit that?

Or is it maybe still a 'gray area'?
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Funky Augur

but that would cause issues for the lower tier guilds or more casuals... say 12 people have to log for whatever reason (maybe not all at once, but if youve raided with any of the more casuals, you'll see how many boxes they have and people swapping in and out) and that is the only night they really have the #s to be able to raid... now they will not be able to raid at all..

then you have the rest of us... MS, RoI, RoTe, SR, etc etc... raids only allow 54 people, you have 6+ on bench... say nobody in the DZ needs X item.. you believe it should just rot vs giving to someone on the bench that could use/needs it or even a casual/retired guild member that is online?
  4. Funky Augur

well technically at the point.. the toon that participated in beating the event would be your main for that event. you're basically doing a temporary main change for the event.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

And so now, a 'Temporary Main Change' is an officially approved thing?

That somehow 'trumps' a Lock Out Timer?
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

The peanut gallery doesn't have an issue with a person on the bench being dzadded to pick up a drop, as long as the person on the bench that is being added to the expedition does not have any kind of lockout for the event.

Just keeping the topic on point., because as has already been previously stated multiple times by multiple people in multiple guilds on multiple servers...there's nothing else that can really be said of any real merit until the words that are being said come from DP.
    Funky, MasterMagnus and Mintalie like this.
  7. Elkar Headhunter Elder

The peanut gallery finds it acceptable to acquire drops from each of two expeditions in the same lockout period one way but not another? Also who are the peanut gallery in this discussion?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you have a Lock Out on an Expedition, HA, Raid, DZ, whatever it is that you can have a lock out for...
    Then you can not loot something that is accessed through that 'whatever-you-have-a-lockout-for-thing'.
  9. Lianeb Augur

What if you are added to loot an item, and receive no lockout can you then participate in the raid again?

Just curious what your “opinion” is here

Because if that is ok we will just raid with our alts first and loot on mains. Then do mains with no lockouts second. No one with a lockout will have looted an item.

Do you see the issue at hand now?
  10. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Also could you link your source please? I am not saying you didn’t read this somewhere but I don’t know you so I can’t take you at your word.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

**edit**
    (this was quoted before you edited it without noting the edit)

Me, personally? I'm not in favor of being 'added' for any purpose other than doing an event from start to finish and obtaining whatever I'm entitled to before leaving. But that is just casual me. I'm not even aware of all the raid intricacies.

But of course, I fully expect that in a guild like yours, loot distribution and a large roster make this kind of thing absolutely acceptable. I'm not in favor of hampering something that the devs don't even care about, and is a boon for guilds.

All I'm saying is, loot inside the lockout should be locked out to that character. Do it on your main, keep it, sell it, give it, whatever, you are now locked out, not only from the 'whatever/dz' but loot obtained therein.

Raid it on your alt, you can give it to whoever doesn't already have a lockout.
  12. Lianeb Augur

The lockout needs to be applied to anyone that is added to the dz and zones in. And no one with a lockout can be added to the instance that has a lockout.

I would really like for the devs to come up with a solution to this other than just preventing people be added to instances after a event is done. This will hurt a lot of guilds that usually a few person bench on one night or another, or those that allow for the gearing of alts during deep farm status.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

We all know how this is going to play out. They are going to over react and adds for alts or whomever for rotting loot probably ends. So thanks for that.

Regardless of what they officially say anyone who has done stuff like this in the past or did it currently knew it was suspect. I personally knew full well when I had lockouts from raids and joined another instance for rotting slot 19's that I was taking a risk for a vacation. But I made that choice.
  14. Elkar Headhunter Elder

This is a possibility but it shouldn’t be. It should stay as is. Do the event and do what you want with your reward. Do the event again and do what you want with your reward. This is a nothing burger.
    The best thing that could happen is they make a statement telling everyone to do what they want with their reward and lock this thread and we all move on and finish our earrings.
    Funky and Allayna like this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you want to compete in the 'big race' with your alts that should be fun to watch. You didn't even make first with your mains? But you would do this why? To show mean old MM? :p
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Then why did they ever add respawn timers and lockouts? Named don't chain spawn and a character isn't supposed to reap the benefit of doing an event more times than the lockout intended. Currency and chests are intended to gotten at the lockouts pace.

Split raiding with alts is fine as long as you are not bypassing lockouts.
  17. Allayna Augur

@Magnus

You’re awfully opinionated about something for which you self admitted you have no experience with.

You don’t raid. You don’t understand the lockouts vs loot lockouts (that were added in TBL to deal with type 19s).

It’s been said about smoke a few times but not fully.

I’ll use something you should be familiar with, the group game.
    The group smoke trials give you a lockout for each individual trial. ALL that does is prevent you from REQUESTING that same trial.
    You can fully participate and loot items from each and every run on the same toon, the lockout only prevents you from requesting it, not participating, not looting.

Iirc this was asked about during TBL beta and I’m sorry, those threads are not available, but the response was something to the effect of not prohibiting people from making groups even if their lockouts didn’t match exactly.

Do you see why there is a gray area?

The raid instance does NOT allow you to add anyone who previously participated during the active event (prevention of additional flagging and coin), but it suddenly does once the boss is defeated, (guild autonomy on loot distribution).
    Funky and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. Beardsy Elder

While we're talking about loot: You know what would make selos complete? Double loot from OoW and beyond. Guarantee us either double loot inside the chests, or double the amount of chests, period. That'd be fantastic.

Doing some of these raids on a 1 month unlock schedule when we keep getting the same terrible loot is really not helping us gear up for TSS+ progression. I've never raided past this point but from what people have told me, SoF+ Content is going to be very, very hard to keep up with.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I apologize, smoke trials mean nothing to me. Guilds and me were long long ago, never done anything with DKP. I've had guildees help me get my 1.0 years ago.

I really don't have a frame of reference to help me understand. I acknowledge that I may not 'get it'.

And I already conceded that it is a Gray Area.

And I've already conceded I don't want to interfere with something that the devs don't care about, and is beneficial to guilds.

But there are plenty of guilded people who agree with my stance. Minimizing me isn't going to change that.
  20. Ashian Augur

Allayna — I agree with your overall position but you shot yourself in the foot on this one. If you have a lockout, you can participate (but not request), but you’re also blocked from looting. Even if you were the one in the smoke trial who participated and beat it, if you had a pre-existing lockout, it literally prevents you from looting the item.
    Raccoo and Szilent like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.