Is the forum going to move to Darkpaw Games ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Strawberry Augur

Since there is now an official site for Darkpaw Games (https://www.darkpawgames.com), is the forum going to migrate to darkpaw ?

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to have EQ game information under Darkpaw Games and Everquest url, but the forum under a Daybreak Games url.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It just doesn't matter.
    Shanarias likes this.
  3. Strawberry Augur

Well, it could be very confusing for someone new to EQ.

EQ information will be on the Darkpaw and Everquest site yet the forum would be the Daybreak site.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its really going to depend on if part of the support daybreak provides each studio is forum upkeep.
  5. Tucoh Augur

6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite true. The name at the top of the forums is essentially trivia in this case. What matters is the content of the forums. For the record, the greater participation of the devs. here on the forums is highly appreciated by me. The Bug reports section was a very good, visible, idea.
    Elyssanda and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree the engagement in the bug forum is much more likely to be seen by folks coming to the forums then the old issue tracker and I think it does highlight the activity better.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Forum Quest: Find the location of the new Darkpaw Games forums.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It matters if you have a lot of threads bookmarked that will need to be changed/updated.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They did this before when SOE became Daybreak. Eventually, they will probably move the forums. For a while they will have an automatic redirect.

If it is like the SOE > Daybreak change, after a while the redirect will disappear and we will have to change all the links. I've done it on my wiki before and I guess I get to do it again.

I don't care about that. What I care about is the times when they removed older forum posts and the information is gone forever. They remove the beta forums for no reason I can understand.

That's one of the reasons I have my wiki, to preserve what I can from the many, many, many times they have destroyed the forums.

I've learned that forum posts are fleeting with SOE, Daybreak, whatever. Unless Darkpaw changes things, information will be lost and that is that.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. svann Augur

The case of SOE->Daybreak was a little different since SOE was completely out of the picture. Daybreak still owns Darkpaw afaik.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

They do yea, and they still own the Game Servers and all that, so it would be kind of silly to move it really
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Kinda odd they refer to the Free to Play twice on that link - and no mention of paid accounts or all access to other games. Just EQ and EQII being brought to us free:

Darkpaw Games is the studio that brings you the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II free-to-play games