Experience Gain since expanison

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by maxwell, Jan 20, 2020.

1. maxwell Lorekeeper

Why is the experience so minimal, since expansion, all experience has been nerved to almost nothing, I spent 9 hours in TOV grinding with full group of live toons, no rest or breaks, continuous grind, use LOTD, xp potion bottles during the whole time and gain 6% total xp, in 9 hours, that is ridiculous.

The Devs need to verify the experience that is being put out for there is an issue.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The experience per mob is about the same as it has been year over year, on average. The amount of experience points needed to fill each new level is much larger. You may wish to read the eleventy-seven threads on this topic already in almost every forum to see some comparisons.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

If you only got 6% in 9 hours you were only killing like 11 mobs an hour

sounds like you were trying to solo or molo it
  4. maxwell Lorekeeper

It was a full live group of level 115 in EW killing for 9 hours except for bio breaks it was constant grinding, so xp should have been more, that is why I said since expansion the level has decrease for that is an issue especially since I was using LOTD and xp potion the whole time. from my logs it looks like we were averaging around 30 to 36 mobs an hours.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

How many deaths did you have during that 9 hours?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Can you show the math?
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

1 mob every 2 min. Was it a full group of caster mercs?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This would be with no lessons below:

.034% for a yellow in EW x 11 mobs x 9 hours = 3.366%

6%/9 hours/.034 = 19.607 mobs per hour assuming they are all yellows. Add in any blues or whites and it would be more.
  9. Riou EQResource

OP mentions popping lesson and potions the entire time, you also get more exp in a place like velks, though I suppose they don't list a zone

Even if we assume 20 mobs an hour that means the group has like 150k DPS, that's 1 group geared tank DPSing, a DPS rogue merc atm does like 1.5x that amount by itself, so it can't be a full group unless at least 4 of the 6 people are AFK the entire 9 hours
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Lesson's wouldn't make a bit difference just add a half an hour of fight time. I also don't know how non stop their pulling is or how many mobs per pull nor cons because it all makes a difference.

I just wanted to throw some real numbers in there because everyone's subjective feel can be different. And I know a raid geared tank group is going to out pull me big time because they can save a lot of time with multiple pulls and not splitting stuff.
    Nennius likes this.