Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahdah Augur

I want to use my "This f#*$ up my plan" clip again though!
    Sheex, Funky and Zaray like this.
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it seems to me that someone who has an event lockout from a previous win, who joins a raid after the win to get a chance at loot from another chest is intentionally bypassing the lockout mechanic.....

and I agree, ROI beat ms because they're faster/better, MS beat SR because they're faster/better, and so on and so forth... that's like... how this whole thing works. although I will say that times are close enough that small adjustments in strategy / preparation might make all the difference in order.
  3. Astral64 Augur

The gift that keeps on giving.
    Goburs, FawnTemplar and Pano like this.
  4. Sithsonn Elder

WTB - a sk I can play while I am banned
    Jennre and Jondalar like this.
  5. Sithsonn Elder

Oh wait... I didn't do anything wrong or against the rules!
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Better and priorities are 2 different things. Some guilds did it at 9 am when it broke, some guilds set up on the day but at normal raid times, some did it at their normal raid day on Sunday. This round of events are not what anyone would call hard, most of the 20 or so that beat them one shotted them with no problems. To be be 20 mins ahead or 4 hours ahead or 3 days ahead in this round of raids is meaningless.

That said congrats to those that wanted to raid that early in the day.
    Renotaki, Ashian, Funky and 4 others like this.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Although your statement is valid. First is first. My guild knows I push and push for us to do things faster. Sometimes you just cant get those last few people to hustle.

Doesnt matter if Guild XXX beat all 3 raids in 60 mins total... if you did it the day after 10 other guilds beat it... you still didnt do it first.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Mintalie Augur

I don't take sides in the RoI vs MS debacle. The fact that an RoI person said the above is immaterial, but what Qulas said is the most succinct statement I've seen on the subject.
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Ashian Augur

“First” matters as a measure when time is a measurement of somebody’s ability to complete a task. In an Olympic race, “First” means you were the fastest to run the distance when everyone started at the exact same moment. If you run a 100-meter dash in 10.00 seconds on day 1, but then Usain Bolt runs the same exact distance the next day in 9.58 seconds, he is now the world record holder, not you.

Anyone can run 100-meters, it isn’t particularly challenging. Because of this, the accomplishment is the time it takes to run the distance, not running the distance itself. I use this analogy because the quality of the top guilds in EQ is such that beating T1 raids is not a challenge. Every single one of the top guilds can 1-shot it. The fact that some 1-shot it the moment it became available is not an accomplishment. If you truly want to see who is the best, measure how fast they are able to do it. Alternatively, split the raid force and measure how few guild members it takes to beat the raid (can you beat it with 18 players instead of 54)?

The Mearatas raid is different because it was challenging enough that it took the entire EQ universe weeks / months to beat the raid. Because the time to complete was so long, the “race” is measured in the number of attempts it took to beat the raid. It seems to me that RoI demonstrated superiority in this particular case, which probably doesn’t come as a surprise to the EQ population.
  10. Cicelee Augur

What is funny to me is the discussion about who finished before who on T1. I am in a guild that finished top ten in TBL, but due to the day T1 raids were released and our raid schedule (and not deviating from that schedule), we are going to finish T1 somewhere in the 20s. Does that mean that a dozen guilds just got more talented than us?

Being first on T1 meant being able to take a day off work or school, and waking up by lunch to raid. That is the first part, with the second part being able to defeat the raids. Which I would guess close to 100% of the first wins by a guild was on the first attempt. So until a better metric of success is agreed upon and implemented, such as how many attempts it took or how long it took to defeat T1... we have a measuring stick that relies on availability as well as quality (which should be the only measuring stick).

And again... it is T1. No one cares until T3.
  11. Eyezing Lorekeeper

The race started 12 noon on Friday 1/17/20... Not when your guild decided to show up. It could have been released on a Saturday to better accommodate the majority of players that I assume have a weekday job. (Majority, obviously not all). Dev's set the stage /shrug

Another rabbit trail from the underlying tone I can't help but see in threads with MS/ROI... I Wish it was easier to commend ROI for their consistency in winning the various races in both performance and preparation. Sadly, their backs are already occupied from them patting their own backs the whole time. The phrase sore winner comes to mind. Wish my whole guild was willing to put forth the effort I know ROI does to do what they do, but that's not the case. We perform well and definitely enjoy the crap out of this game and each other, and I enjoy that atmosphere. As elkar put earlier... If I didn't think that MS strives to follow the rules, I wouldn't be here.
    Lalkriz, Jimbob/Silvarfox and Allayna like this.
  12. svann Augur

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun...
    Maedhros, Scornfire and MasterMagnus like this.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

always good to see a Floyd reference.
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

According to EGL, 14 teams completed all of T1 by Sunday morning. If ROI leadership decided that they would not change their raid schedule and stay to their normal Sunday schedule...

Would you then say that 13 guilds are better than ROI?

This is why TOV T1 is irrelevant, why this argument about who finished before who is silly, and why the "race" doesn't start until mid March...
    Genoane and Lannin like this.
  15. Eyezing Lorekeeper

That'd be ignorant, but i'd definitely say ROI lost that leg of the race. At least in that scenario
    Goburs likes this.
  16. Absolutt Journeyman

I wish we could get a tier of raids that hasnt been run over and over in beta by higher guilds until they are blue in the face and no group mission with watered down versions of the strats and call that the race. That would be a nightmare on the dev and QA teams but at the end of the day it was who could figure out the mechanics and adapt the fastest not come in raid release day and it's back to old business.
  17. Allayna Augur

Scenario:

ROI wins 0 raids in T1 and T2.
    ROI wins the race in T3. Who wins the expansion?

Each leg of the race is a race, not just T3.
    Goburs likes this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

awww.... fighting about which guild has more people in it who can press buttons well enough and have jobs where they can take off whenever they want to compete in an imaginary universe punctuated by dragons and ice monsters is really cute!
  19. feeltheburn Augur

finally the obligatory troll post!!! the thread is complete
    Goburs, Funky and Tolzol like this.
  20. Ibudin Augur

/guild war

So MS beat the raid with main raiders, then had an alt raid, beat the raid, and added in a player from the previous win to loot an item, who had a lock out timer from the previous raid?
    Hard to follow the conversation here but that's what I gathered. I guess, who cares? No one wanted the loot and it didn't go to waste. I can't imagine anyone in MS wanted the item, or it would of went to them.
    Hell, most guilds in beta beat all these raids with TBL gear, its not like it gave them a leg up on week 1.
    Lalkriz and Cadira like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.