Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisard Silly

/dzs player player
  2. Jondalar Augur

My inbox is still empty. Where is that list?
  3. Qulas Augur

The issue that happened with suspensions was reported on beta, was told it was acceptable and then after the rampant wide use of the tactic it was retroactively decided it was not intended. In fact, I double checked again when it went live and was told it was fine. We ate our suspensions and apologized and moved on.

If this is your only ammunition is to deflect your exploitation of lockouts by mentioning how we were mislead back during group missions in RoS you must feel more guilty than I originally thought.
    Duder, Cailen, Lisard and 1 other person like this.
  4. Auspice New Member

Guilty that we play the game good enough to beat events with alts. Guilty as charged! And that we play outside 1 raid cycle a week to actually enjoy the game.
  5. Allayna Augur

Wait. Does your guild exploit and cheat or not? Seems your party line changed within this very thread, when called on your lies.
  6. Tubbycat Journeyman

If MS believes this situation is most analogous to Cactusgate, then presumably they also believe that the punishment for this exploit is also in line with those doled out for Cactusgate.

1 Month for the guild leader than oversaw and implemented this exploit.
    2 Weeks for the officers that helped said guild leader implement this exploit.
    1 Week for all those who aided and abetted this exploit.

The above certainly sounds reasonable.

If Darkpaw doesn't take a stand on this issue, and other issues like it, we'll just be back here sooner than later.
    Ibudin, Goburs and Cailen like this.
  7. Jondalar Augur

Still waiting for that list little fella.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're trying to define the exploit. This is how raid lockouts have worked since dz's were created. The only change that was made was when Triality (and a few other guilds at the time) were dropping the dz at the end, leaving one person in... and re-adding everyone back in Underfoot. At that time, as I'm quite sure everyone knows they changed things so anyone in the dz for a period of time gets the lockout no matter what. You've been able to come into a zone if lockouts match up for the dz all along. If you couldn't, alliance raid forces would difficulty with multi raid dz's when they did events on different days with different guilds. Sure, it doesn't affect YOU... but it would affect others.

In the end, I don't think this is an exploit of anything. What someone mentioned earlier, not being able to add anyone after a target dies... that's not a dz event. That's a task raid. They've been gone from the game for a long long time.
  9. German Augur

Oh come on.....this isn't even fun anymore. This is what happens where there isn't any progression, people have to find other ways to stroke their ego.
  10. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

If Roi was mislead but it felt wrong and still did it what does that say about you? Negreth said do what you want with the loot. It does not say do what you want with the loot if the looter does not have a lockout. Guaranteed if the devs comeback and say that this was ok you will be doing it 10 minutes after the ok is given. So stop with your crap. The devs will have the final say in this and then we will all know. Just because someone did something before you does not mean your opinion is fact
    Lalkriz likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

I never said it was analogous to cactusgate. I was pointing out the irony of the leader of an exploiting guild leading the pitchforks against another guild with the guise that his hands are clean.

We don't believe we exploited anything. Again, this is in the developers hands.
  12. menown Augur

Aldryn is leading the charge here? I always miss his raid instructions!
    Tolzol, Ssdar, kizant and 3 others like this.
  13. Atvar Augur

Really? Is this statement really coming after the longest spread between 1st and 2nd serverwide expansion clears in Everquest's history?
    Pano likes this.
  14. Aldryn Another New Member

I hate you in the most adorable way possible.
    Tolzol, FawnTemplar, Ssdar and 3 others like this.
  15. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

WTB Dev opinion here!
  16. Cailen Augur

those suspensions have been served.... when do yours start?
    Jondalar and Robnie like this.
  17. Atvar Augur

Let me try to boil this down to the essence of the issue. I (and most in RoI too I'd presume) don't care about what was done adding people with lockouts after the fact. In reality you could be fully ToV geared this week and I wouldn't care. Getting just 1 step up on gear hasn't meant anything for....years.... or decades at this point? The general consensus is amusement that you'd go this far to get extra loot. RoI gets ridiculed for raiding lockouts, but this is basically raiding lockouts on steroids. The vehement denials and "nuh uh it's legit' is what makes it absurd. You aren't really gaining anything besides putting a target on yourself to get suspended like cactusgate.

The easy fix for the devs would to just add the lockout to anyone that was dz added. If you want double the loot, which what adding locked out characters to new raids allows, then double that characters lockout. You want the chance and 2x the loot, get 2x the lockout and you cant participate in your next "main" raid. Cactusgate was a terrible way to handle a situation that was acceptable right up till the point it was a suspend-able offence, and nobody wants to see that again.
    Thrillho and Pano like this.
  18. Absolutt Journeyman

I would prefer to see a unique ID added to the DZ lockout, unless you have no lockout or the same unique ID you can't join a particular DZ. But I can see problems with this.
    Jimbob/Silvarfox likes this.
  19. enclee Augur

Is there still some sort of race?

Edit: Nevermind looks like there still is, and bunch of people trying to over-legislate rewards in a game.
  20. Bahdah Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.