Congratulations Darkpaw Games!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Should have changed the day!

LOL :)
  2. Drakah UI Designer

That is a cool name/logo. My mind went right to this movie though, heh.
    [IMG]
    klanderso likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Huh...using Fippy as your inspiration...

Doing something over and over again and expecting a different outcome...the definition of insanity.

Personally, I would have gone with a different role model. But that's just me.:rolleyes:
    Moege likes this.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Please tell me how you came to this conclusion?
  5. Tucoh Augur

Because there will be another level of structural impediment that would prevent $$$ from moving between the franchises.
  6. Absor Developer

Nobody ever said we were sane.
  7. Numiko Augur

I just want to know when the 20th anniversary tee shirts are going to be available!
  8. ethyre Augur

This is the best news in years about the studio organization.

Congrats to Holly and her team.

This is exciting and incredibly smart of DBG to return development and focus to the team instead of running like a corporation.

This is enough to bring me back to the world I lived in for almost ten years!
  9. svann Augur

Good to know EQ profits will no longer be used to succor the other franchises.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If they decide to no longer honor lifetime subs (or know they will not honor it in the near future), they should grant 1-3 free premium tier expansions along with the ongoing sub.
  11. Riou EQResource

Not likely, it's not far off how pretty much every other Developer owned by Publisher runs where each "sub company" is basically on its own games instead of all Developers in 1 like SOE and DBG ran, it should give Holly more control over the franchises in it as well instead of potential randoms

Basically it will just be Holly getting to use the Studios budget instead of likely some randoms who don't know anything about the EQ teams and their needs

All revenue will still go to DBG, which they will use that and future projects to determine the studios given budget
    Sancus likes this.
  12. OldCa61 Augur

Congrats Team ")
  13. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

I think we should all celebrate with 500 free DBC!
    Aenvar likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm Not sure how far you want to carry that image. Fippy always dies soon after spawning.
  15. Catashe Augur

Not to mention make it easier to sell off each brand
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Riou like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sure. Rain on our parade.
  17. Riou EQResource

Well they aren't wrong about it, because it does streamline their numbers and lets them be more self sustaining then the parent company (DBG) micromanaging like 7-8 studios/teams worth of people, also letting people closer to the consumers make potentially better general decisions

As long as they make profits and fit in what DBG wants to do/be in, there is probably no risk of them being sold off really
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

I didn't say it was wrong. Just that the thread had a nice positive glow going. Bah, my happy thoughts have vanished. Time to log in and hack and slash some more pixels. Anyway, if it helps to keep the game going I will support it.

On a more serious note, when I started playing in late 2000 the consensus among the folks I talked to was that EQ had perhaps a five year lifespan. Boy were we wrong. I also suggested that max level could hit 100 and I was called a fool. Hahahaha on my little brothers ranger corpse.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

A gnoll merc contract would be appropriate. Not sure if gnoll mercs already exist in game. though lol.
    Aenvar and Dzarn like this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They would open themselves up to legal action if they tried to stop honoring the lifetime subscriptions on any of the games which it applied to when sold. The wording was such that it was for the lifetime of the game(s). So as long as there is still an official EQ, if you have a Lifetime sub, it is simpler and cheaper for them to let it work.
    Tucoh likes this.