EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

Good for them, not a Daybreak server though. Failing to show Daybreak demand for that rule set will not help any of these OMG look at the $$$ Daybreak is leaving on the table threads QQing for a pvp TLP.
  2. norrathWithout order New Member

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-63142

In that article... Everquest made some official quality of life improvements for PvP back in 2004. Any chance “Rytan and Hobart” are still around or on the pay roll Lol? Probably not... but it wouldn’t hurt to have anybody fill those shoes would it? Even pro bono?

IMHO, EQ subs went down around the same time it started disregarding PvP...

For the naysayers, how many blue servers/TLPs do you greedy people really need? We have our dead Live server, you all have your abundance of Live servers. We have zero TLPs, you all have your abundance of failed TLPs. We have a couple non DBG servers, you have a handful of non-DBG servers. The community is asking for just one DBG sanctioned PvP TLP (team-based) server.
  3. Machen New Member

Ask all you want, the devs have told you what you need to do to convince them to make a new pvp server. And necroing old threads on the forums isn't it.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

PVP doesn't work in a game that allows players to use every hack and cheat that is available. This ship sailed in EQ long ago.
  5. NinjutsuMMO Augur

But PVE works in a game that allows players to use every hack and cheat that is available. ?

Lol thanks for your opinion
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I haven’t seen anything from a game dev telling me or anyone else what to do to show we are interested in a pvp server.

Can you show me ?
    And please don’t start going off about how I haven’t read every single thread on the website, cause who does that
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

code-zero likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also question 42 and 44. =)
  9. Hdizzle Augur

I know Lol. Its just lame all the tools people use to grief are gone. What do those battles look like today? We can't charm/dispel/manaburn/harm touch works different, etc.

I don't think it works anymore because the devs have made the Blue TLPs.. different. On a variety of levels, the environment in which those epic times took place is gone now.

Edit* If ultimately it just boils down to a dps race with melee picking off casters, I don't think that's super interesting.
  10. code-zero Augur

Those 170~ should be logging on Zek every night if there really is an interest in EQ PvP
    Skuz and Warpeace like this.
  11. Stewgottz Augur

I think the disinterest in catching up a heroic toon to 115 plus all the aa's clickies etc outweigh the interest in pvp'ing on a 21 yr old live server. That server offers a unique setting to pvp.

That server = Rise of Zek
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seeing people play on a free server with a rule set/changes that are different from what an official EQ server would have doesn't help to show that a pvp tlp server would be profitable, especially when it is only 170 players.
    Skuz and Hdizzle like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Now can you actually get them to pay money to play on a Daybreak server?
  14. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

PvP solves all problems on Mangler!
    Ginix likes this.
  15. Hdizzle Augur

Game mechanics are way different now. If jousting and hoping spells land (only some)is the entirety of EQ pvp… that sounds really lame. .
  16. Karthor New Member

Not sure why the blues are so against 1 red server. Let the unwashed red masses have one damn pvp server. I will bring 3 people back at least. No one wants to play on some old server, we want a fresh start.

XO
  17. Jontrann Augur

Yup i wish they would do it already just so it would die out and we never have to hear from pvp crowd again...

Then again they would probably use some other excuse as to why the server failed.
  18. code-zero Augur

There is 1 red server named Zek, if you really want a PvP TLP Daybreak has told you what to do which is go play there for a while and convince them that it's not a waste of time and resources to create one. Oh, and don't start with your excuses about how you don't want to play there. That's the requirement and if you can't handle that then there's not evidence that you would really stick with a shiny new "Zek TLP"

It's the bluebies fault
  19. Karthor New Member

Not really sure why you and blues would care if they launch a new red server.. how does that negatively impact you?

I guess some people have nothing better to do.
  20. code-zero Augur

I don't care and I doubt that anyone else does. Lashing out at bluebies is counterproductive. The Devs have been directly asked what it would take to get a PvP TLP and they were quite open in telling everyone the requirements. Perhaps a bit dismissively as they likely guessed that none of the people yammering for it would actually do anything about it other than spam the forums
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.