Beneficial Range Ring focus?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Ninelder Augur

Went to upgrade my chanters beneficial range ring with a ToV TS ring, and none exist. It appears Beneficial range was not included in ToV. This will become problematic in raid strategy for reasons that are repeatedly obvious every year when some priest accidentally upgrades to identical focii...

Did I miss a memo somewhere on this?
  2. Cicelee Augur

I think they were combining beneficial and detrimental foci into one spot. So instead of having one item have beneficial rande and one item have detrimental range... now one item has just range for both.

Same for preservation and haste IIRC...
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Range focus was moved and consolidated on Face items.

Check your face item before upgrading ring. TOV T1 has the new consolidated version of the focus.
  4. Ninelder Augur

I guess they aren't done? I have a ToV chase Face item on my Enchanter, it is only detrimental range.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

The ultra-rare items are copies of last year's raid items, which didn't/don't have the new scheme.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

You'll need to "upgrade" to the new items vs last years raid items.
    (belts had the same sorta issue in GMM time frame. You were better to upgrade to group gear for a bit)
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Really should have the same foci on both ring and face, so either can be upgraded without losing the other foci. Having to wait to upgrade ring until you can get a face is not good, this was the whole idea behind having foci in once slot, to stop the can't upgrade X until I upgrade Y.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think that one of the ideas was to eliminate the need to make rings with different focus effects which would give you more freedom in what rings you choose. Sure it may be a pain for now until you can upgrade the other slot but in the long run it will be better.