ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The ear has been out for less than 5 days now. But from my experience, having a TBL evolving item does nothing to change how fast the ear evolves (have 6 toons doing the ear and one has level 4 shoulders evolving as well … and they have all stayed together on the ear, doing the same thing).

Remember that the ear only evolves in ToV content. So anything else (like say TBL/GMM) will evolve the TBL pieces but do nothing for the ear.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Ashian Augur

Evolving the earrings really hasn’t been that bad, until the 6th earring. This one has been extra painful (in line with the final evolve from the TBL items). That said, it is very doable and I’m just about done ... !
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Raid will not give any exp we beat all 3 T1 raids and my friend had an earring on and it gained 0 exp during the raid and we cleared all the trash mobs in a 12 person raid afterwards in GD.

Anyone know if you need all collects to get past 5 or is it just certain ones? Not looking forward to the ones that drop in hero missions.
  4. Ashian Augur

The text indicated that you need to be a scavenger of ToV to progress. I suspect you need 100% of them done.

Unfortunately the Great Divide ones are bugged and currently ONLY dropping from the final kill on Narandi, so this is going to be a huge roadblock for people who didn’t get lucky and gather this particular set prior to the latest patch.
    Bidaum_TR and Apollyon like this.
  5. svann Augur

Is it confirmed that having tofs keys on keyring wont count for the quest? I really think that that is something that should be posted to bug forum if so.
    keeney likes this.
  6. Daedly Augur

All I want is to be able to make the new PS's darn it... Someone please tell me I don't need raid achievements for that.... Please...
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You don't. Being able to make the power sources unlocks with the quest to make the 5th earring.
    Daedly likes this.
  8. Kristynn New Member

I can confirm 100% that you do NOT need the physical keys to get the credit for quest IF you had already used them so they went on key ring. I had destroyed all of mine once I used them initially the first week of expansion. After reaching this step of the quest all I did was go to the 7th floor and click on each mirror for each individual floor and it updated the task accordingly.
    Yinla, svann and Ganicus like this.
  9. kizant Augur

The quest test does say to visit each floor I believe. It's probably not intended that we can just take the keys out of the bank and it updates everything.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So question is, can you visit the floors without the keys, if someone else in group clicks you up? Would definitely lower the fighting over keys going on right now if so.
    kizant likes this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Better yet, make him not attackable...
    Moege and Yinla like this.
  12. Tanise Elder

What's the hidden requirement for The Foundation? Finished evolving ear 2 and he just ignores me when I say all Hail Rallos Zek. When I say the founation, he "stares" at me.
  13. Kuaamil Elder

My other character clicking my warrior to each floor did nothing. My berserker got credit, but my warrior did not.
  14. bortage spammin lifetaps

Did anyone find out of this quest line is what Precious ore is for? I can't seem to find the in-progress quest guide link that someone linked earlier
  15. Moege Augur

Confirmed. Friend had keys on keyring and it did not count.

That may be the trick, actually go and click the mirrors, just having it on keyring doesn't count.
  16. Xyphen Maximum Augur

For the 5th earring you are taught, and required to craft, the 4 power sources to upgrade the earring. The tradeskill requirements are comical, though:

Velium Purifying Powder (Poison Crafting 400)
    Velium Drying Solution (Alchemy 400)
    Purified Velium Impacted Raw Diamond (Baking 400)
    Velium Core Mana Battery (Tinkering 466)
    Velium <class> Source (Research 510)

The plus side is that everything is vendor bought aside from the Velium Ore and Velium Impacted Diamonds.
    Daedly likes this.
  17. Moege Augur

Does the tinkerer,rogue,shaman all need earring progression to make their parts ?
  18. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I don't think so. I did the alchemy combine on my Shaman and the rest on my Gnome Rogue (the one doing the earring).
    Moege likes this.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

I was able to make the tinkered part on a super neglected tinker box with nothing in ToV done and a modded skill of only 330 (doesn't even have his trophy only the dropped +mod robe.)
    Moege likes this.
  20. smash Augur

Would advice the devs to change the things, to be no drop, so each person should make the things themselves.

Except if there are stuff which a shaman or rogue or tinker is needed.