The Way Back Home quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Zaray Augur

Bruh
    Renotaki likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If they took the servers down for every bug... do you think they'd be up at all? /boggle.
  3. Bobokin Augur

I don't just advocate for me. Once again, your understanding is based on your experience alone.

Returning casual players don't just jump from level 25 or 50 to 110 quickly. Although we do offer PL, most of my guild actually decline it because they want to play the game.

How many years did it take for you to get from level 20 to level 110?
  4. Bobokin Augur

Please ... they have taken down servers for much less than this.
  5. Lisard Silly

6. FawnTemplar Augur

Nah, my confusion is based on your understanding of the word "returning" which seems to be vastly different from any normal usage. You returned two years ago, you haven't been returning for two years. I'll give you that you can be in a sort of transition period but not for two years. I mean would you say you were a new employee after being employed for two years?
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Really. Name one time they've taken the servers down for something as trivial as a task giving a bit more XP than it should have... Emergency patches are for exploits, bugs that have data integrity potential, multiple bugs after another patch... I'll be waiting to see some patch notes for something trivial like this.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I tried The Way Back Home Quest for the fun of it. Got a whopping 4 AA's and 70 PP for completing it. Not even worth the effort anymore. One kill in Velks will give you more AA's or the same with a Lesson.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

It's not supposed to be a trivial xp machine. Now lets give it a day or two as smart people find the new almost trivial xp machine.
  10. Bobokin Augur

I returned about two years ago. Many in my guild returned a year ago ... some last summer.

I usually advocate for casual players, and casual players returning two or three years go are far behind unless they are power leveled. In the context of this topic, that is important. I could care less what you believe is a returning player or a casual player because it is obvious you cannot understand the context as it implies here.

I could have used this, and GMM much more for that matter, had I not been grouping with level 30-70 characters in old content. That doesn't make it any better for the returning and casual players that cannot use this or GMM in the way the higher level players already did. Unless you are willing to give back those AAs, then you really don't have much to say about.
  11. Celephane Augur

You have no idea what "bonus" things will be available in year from now that will be accidental, but of course you won't be ready for them then and you'll complain about them yet again. Get off your underprivileged casual soapbox and enjoy the game already.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Fact of the matter is that Casuals have it VASTLY VASTLY easier then those who plow the content soon as its out.

Fact : Every expansion goes threw Multiple nerf's of the grp content after launch .. typically the past 6 expansions have had nerfs anywhere from the 2nd month after release to the 4th .. then again from the 4th month after release .. to around the 6-7th month ..

Thats how Everquest has been for the past 6 expansions .. So if you wish to be the "equality" SJ warrior you appear to be ..

Technically you would in fact be AGAINST .. them making EQ easier for casuals who do not beat the content typically until after the 1st or 2nd group content nerf.

But I've a feeling you won't even broach this topic..