ToFS after Jan patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dinozo_povar, Jan 18, 2020.

1. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Anyone getting keys on 1st or 6th floors since the January patch put guards on floor 1? Would love to hear of actual recent success.
  2. Ashian Augur

Killed for hours on the 1st floor and couldn't get the key mob to spawn. We were clearing nearly the entire floor the whole time and rotating mobs as well. Super frustrating.

Can't comment on floor 2 cause already had the key.

Was able to get key on floors 3, 4, 5, and 6.
  3. Puzzling Journeyman

I got a 1st floor key about an hour ago.
  4. svann Augur

Did it drop on the 1st floor though?
    :p
  5. Puzzling Journeyman

yep, i was being lazy. I just kept the 2 rooms in the NW corner clear. Took a little longer than previous runs, but nothing crazy.
    Drogba likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

Key to the 6th floor or from the 6th floor? Got a key on floor 6b to floor 7 this morning.
  7. Mazeron New Member

Been sitting on the first floor of ToFS for 3 days, 4-6 hours a day. No named, no key.
    Ashian likes this.
  8. Raccoo Augur

The guards see SOS on floor one, FYI. They also like to hang out past the spectres near the mirrors.
  9. Razorfall Augur

The RNG is pretty bad on the pops except for 5th floor (because everyone kills the vamps for merc tasks), but it's been like that since launch
  10. Mintalie Augur

Something is definitely awry since the patch. The rando SI guards on the bottom floor, for one thing. Yikes.
  11. MiataDriver Augur

I have been killing Drolvarg Guards for hours now with no restless shade pop for the key to the 7th floor. Something does seem a bit broken.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Spoken with some players who spent hours fast killing on floor 1, no luck.
    Spoken with other players who got it and said it took 12 hours for them.
    I decided I'd work on easier keys for now and return to floor 1.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Guildees on first floor yesterday got 3 keys in 5hours..

RNG=Wicked Witch of the West some days, and Glenda the Good others.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  14. Yirrara Journeyman

There is a specific drolvarg with white skin (like the named) that triggers it. If you spent a very long time killing guards it was probably already up in another part of the dungeon (maybe on the upper floor if you didn't kill there, possibly also the first floor). Sometimes also people in the first floor trigger it and the shade pops for no apparent reason so if you're killing on floor 6 regularly check for the shade.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Sometime in December it took me 106 mobs to get the key on the library floor. Rumor has it that you should not stay in one place but instead roam around. It's probably nonsense but that's what I did.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Misread... you're talking about the 6th floor.
  17. MiataDriver Augur

Thanks, that was it, the white one was on the first floor.
  18. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

Killed for 6-8 hours and no key mob on 1st floor. Also the see sos bad pathing guards are kind of a pain.
  19. Kontra Augur

The white fur Drolvarg Guard that starts floor 6 cycle has been making appearances on the 1st floor...which is also affecting 1st floor trigger spawn most likely
  20. Drakang Augur

Multiple Groups on first floor for hours and no spawn. Its turned down to far.