Leveling Warrior AE aggro questions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by nebu, Jan 16, 2020.

1. nebu New Member

Hi All,

I have a young warrior (level 20s) that I'm using in a 3 box that has some AE grinding going for it. At what level does the warrior have a way to reliably control AE aggro (and not on some 30 minute cooldown). Is there a trick that I'm missing to do this at the lower levels?

Cheers,
    Neb
  2. Eggolas Augur

3. Szilent Augur

lol maybe at 116? Most of us get by just fine judiciously applying the tools that exist, but if you're looking for "reliably control AE aggro[sic]" without cool downs you're barking up the wrong tree
  4. p2aa Augur

The first AE aggro disc of the XXX Blades line is at lvl 61, Whirlwind Blade.
    Later on, the Area Taunt AA, unsure on lvl it's reached, but later than lvl 60.

That being said, at max lvl, warriors are now the worst of the 3 tank classes on AE aggro.
    Warriors have 2 good tools :
    The XXX Blade line, around 45 sec refresh time
    Area Taunt, AA, with a 5 min refresh time

Here is the rest of the warrior AE aggro tools

Roar of Challenge AA, 1 min AA, with his 2 k hate, is unable to grab aggro on inc.

Once aggro is set on you, there are 2 other AE aggro tools keepers, sadly very lackluster too.
    - Concordant Expanse, 3 k hate, which is fading fast when many mobs are on you.
    - Wade Into Battle, 3 k hate too, and 5 min refresh time for this wonderful hate value lol.
    These last 2 discs have seen their hate values very nerfed a few years ago.
  5. Tucoh Augur

There's no trick you're missing. Until you get quite a few more levels your aggro options are fairly limited.
  6. TYBARIS Journeyman

They are few AE weapons out there, I think there is 1 in SOLB which may help a little.But later on I would look for a RUNE aug for my weapon this does help on AE hate.And of course there is the click items from the Wakening lands off the flying monkeys. (Mojo sticks i think is the name) some have the PBAE click 5 charges i think.
  7. nebu New Member

Thanks all for the responses, warrior is almost 54 and looking forward to that first disc. It does appear this is somewhat of an uphill struggle though.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Not sure what your goals are but at that level you can pretty much coattail ride on mercs.