TBL a ghost town?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kuvian, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Sure looks it from here. Ain't seen a soul in Stratos in days. How's the action on your server?
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Here on the Rathe .. when TBL was current.. Even then I rarely seen more then my self an my 10 boxes with me in any TBL zone

So this does not surprise me in the least. A weaker expansion is more popular then a harder expansion which is no longer current content.
  3. Laronk Augur

There's lots of players in TOV, there's not much reason to do TBL anymore and even when TBL was current between locked zones and the terrible starter zone it wasn't very busy. Plus TBL has more instanced content.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Few guildmates have been in Meratas.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Maedhros High King

I wonder if its because everyone is playing in the new expansion or something?
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Yimin Augur

This is how its always been, out with the old in with the new !

YiMin
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Imagine that, people going to play where the majority of people are.
    Axxius and Miss_Jackie like this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

tbl sucked when it was new and sucks more now there is new stuff to do. there is pretty much no reason to go there unless you want the jann buff or check marks
  9. Cicelee Augur

Checkmarks will be super important when they eventually release the super augment based off of your achievement score...
    Yinla likes this.
  10. eqgamer Augur

On my server tbl seemed to be nearly a ghost town all of last year.
  11. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

There are a few groups in TBL on Luclin Server. Though, on peak days, we can have a full or 2nd Gen chat open. Aalishai and Empyr seem to be popular for their augments.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Lemme guess..

You have clearly not updated your dicho either.. (this is super important..)

Tbl.. was thee best expansion release in a very very long time for many reasons..
  13. Drayman Elder

Most notably, it got rid of so many of those filthy casuals.
  14. Herodotus Augur

So, it was sort of a solution?
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am kinda sick of seeing snow irl and ToV.

Most Americans can look out their window today and see snow.

I love the different environments, art, and stories in TBL. I am glad to have finally traveled to the Efreeti and Djinn realms.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Only those casuals wwho never ask for help.. or have zero friends.. or stay in lobby.. looking for some one to randomly send them outta the blue task adds..

You know.. those people who cant and wont play with other people..
  17. Fian Augur

Let's compare this to the last level expansion, ROS, and the prior expansion EOK. I still remember seeing a fair number of players in EOK when RoS was out. Content was easier than RoS, not everyone had the latest expansion, etc. The fact that TBL stands empty is proof that it is hard, and people are choosing other locations to earn exp. In fact, for those that want to grind, 2 ROS zones - Gorowyn and Sathir Tomb are still popular zones.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

TBL Fight Fire loot, 40-slot heirloom bag (from mission currency), and Type-5 augments are still very relevant in addition to Jann's Veil.
  19. Fian Augur

Type 5 augments are not relevant since TOV has better.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

To be 100% fair..

EoK is still used by tons of people to plvl up toons (Frontier mountains)

And the reason people moved from EoK (Frontier mountains) is because of the latest lvl increase (ToV) which made those mobs in FM, pretty much useless .. So now they have to go up into even new'er content which is RoS (Sathirs Tomb)

I've not seen anyone in Gorowyn .. as much as I do in Sathir's lately .. But I'm sure that would change from server to server.