Is it just me? Reg exp much worse than before patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nightbelle, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Nightbelle New Member

Ive been in Beasts Domain for a few weeks catching up some alts by grinding. I have a 96 ENC with Tank merc, 96 NEC with healer merc, and 94 BRD, 94 MAG.
    Been putting 100 exp to AA on the 96 levels while the others catch up.
    Its been consistently (for weeks) about 9-10 kills for 1% reg exp on the 94 toons..... tonight it was 62 kills for 1% reg!!!
    It didnt seem like the AA exp was affected.
    I made sure fellowship sharing was off, 100% to reg exp....
    And like I said, as recently as last night it was 9-10 kills for 1% and today 6x more?
    Help me out here please... having a hard time figuring this one out. :)
    AlaskaJay likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I know for sure, anecdotally, that my Jboots are slower after patch.
    Roxas MM, Nolrog and eepok like this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Boost the exp!

Cancelling 9 subs every hour until it happens.

It starts now.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Double loot too. NOT double rares.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sounds like you were in a raid maybe
  6. Nightbelle New Member

I appreciate the first few replies.... not sure why you felt the need to post them, but to each, his own.

I am fairly certain I wasnt in a raid, as I am a casual player and never raid.

I just felt something was amiss from yesterday to today.... literally been at the same camp, with this exact group makeup... last night 10 kills got me 1% reg, today I counted 62 for 1%.
    It doesnt take an applied math degree (which I just happen to also have), to see a difference in exp rate here.
    And like I said before, the 2 toons getting only AA exp seemed fine, it was only the reg exp affected.
    Hoping it was just a display issue and when i log in again, it will be corrected....
    ..... not holding my breath though.
  7. Nightbelle New Member

Well, I logged in again to check... no luck.
    I did a quick test again.... grouped up (verified no raid) killed 6 yellow and 4 DBlue mobs in Beasts Domain.... Mage went from 79.166% t0 79.358% -> 0.192% for 10 mobs
    Bard: 78.403% to 78.595% -> same 0.192%
    (this is about 52 mobs for 1%, but I was killing more blue earlier when I had 62)

Someone please tell me my cheese hasnt slipped off its cracker.... that my choo choo hasnt gone around the bend....that im ready for a nice vacation in a white padded room...
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

Sounds like they keep killing the same mob.
    Why don't you move to another place when the level goes up?
  9. Rots Journeyman

I was in beasts domain this morning and noticed how bad the xp was. Even with lesson running it was bad to me it seemed I was getting 0.050 per kill and they are yellow to my Necro at 93.
  10. That0neguy Augur

was it a hotzone and now isnt?
    Yinla and eepok like this.
  11. Nightbelle New Member

THANK YOU ROTS!
    At least Im not the only one who experienced (pun intended) this lack of exp in Beasts Domain.

I did another test.... put 100% into AA and it was normal... as expected.
    Put it back to 100% to exp and was back at 0.02% per yellow kill. I dont think even a hot zone would grant from 0.02% to 0.1% for a yellow mob... thats 5x the exp for a hot zone vs a non hot zone!

I went to Argath and killed DBlue mobs... normal exp.... 11 mobs for 1% there.
    Seems like its JUST Beasts Domain.
    Oh well, really liked that zone, time to move on I suppose.
  12. MaxTheLion Augur

Something is indeed different after the patch. Here are logs of quest rewards for Franklin Teek's Hot Zone kill tasks, six examples leading up to patch and then one after. All quests done in the same zone with the game group makeup. It appears the reward has been reduced by approximately 50%.

[Fri Jan 10 16:21:34 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining..
    [Fri Jan 10 16:21:34 2020] You have gained 13 ability point(s)! You now have 30 ability point(s).

[Sat Jan 11 08:44:34 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Sat Jan 11 08:44:34 2020] You have gained 13 ability point(s)! You now have 24 ability point(s).

[Sun Jan 12 07:26:31 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Sun Jan 12 07:26:31 2020] You have gained 13 ability point(s)! You now have 44 ability point(s).

[Mon Jan 13 10:11:50 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Mon Jan 13 10:11:50 2020] You have gained 13 ability point(s)! You now have 36 ability point(s).

[Tue Jan 14 12:48:10 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Tue Jan 14 12:48:10 2020] You have gained 14 ability point(s)! You now have 17 ability point(s).

[Wed Jan 15 07:53:05 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Wed Jan 15 07:53:05 2020] You have gained 14 ability point(s)! You now have 38 ability point(s).
    Patch
    [Fri Jan 17 08:00:11 2020] You have received a replay timer for 'A Simple Task - Level 90': 0d:18h:0m remaining.
    [Fri Jan 17 08:00:11 2020] You have gained 7 ability point(s)! You now have 22 ability point(s).
    Any input from a Dev regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. The patch on Jan 15th included a reduction in exp for another quest, A Way Back Home, and maybe something is messed up in the coding? However, others are reporting reduced exp from regular mob deaths so maybe the lower exp is just an "F you, players."
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Definitely something up with that, though that's quest reward xp & the OP was referencing mob kill xp being bad in Beast Domain, I think those are 2 separate & unrelated things though.
  14. MaxTheLion Augur

I agree it might be separate and unrelated issues but it felt correct to add to this thread to provide a wider aspect of reduced experience, specifically after the patch. It's concerning when two distinct forms of exp gain have been scaled back with little to no mention in the patch aside from the quest I previously stated (new expansion - ToV).
  15. Hdizzle Augur

If I remember correctly, and theres about a 40% chance I am, there was a big issue on the forums around the time cotf or tds came out about exp being reduced on mobs/zones X expansions behind the most recent expac.

The spirit of the change (again could be misremembering) was to encourage players to group in more current zones instead of constantly farming the same 1-3 zones for AA. I want to say RoF was the current expac when it came out and the change went into effect when cotf came out but again I could be off.

That's the only reason I can think of outside of something dumb like being a raid or AA exp 100%. I guess the only real test would be to try other VoA zones and see if they are effected? I don't play on Phinny cause Noobbox is stupid but might be worth a shot.
  16. Nightbelle New Member

To reiterate...
    In Beasts Domain... same exact group/levels as prior to patch...
    Before patch = 10 kills for 1%, after patch = 50 kills for 1% (which would make 5k kills for a level... a lot)
    AA Exp was NORMAL, not reduced.
    Went to next zone, killed dblue mobs... 11 for 1% exp and AA exp was normal. I only tested the 2 zones.
    Seems like whatever it is, it affects Beast Domain ( and who know if any other zones).
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot of Beast Domains mobs are weak/quest mobs which give less exp to encourage players not to block others from doing quests.
  18. Nightbelle New Member

That wouldnt explain why the sudden drop in exp post patch. Like Ive said... same group, same camps, same mobs. I was leveling some alts by grinding there, I wasnt killing quest mobs but normal yellow/even/blue trash mobs for weeks before the patch.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you want Devs to take a look at Beast Domain XP & the task XP being below expectations I think that they will need (Separate) bug reports posted in the bug report forum.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Nightbelle New Member

I did submit a bug report from in game, but I think youre right about submitting here on the forums.