Powersources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by enclee, Jan 16, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

Did ToV introduce any new power sources to the game?
  2. Mazame Augur

Depends do you trade skill? and have you done the new earring quest to unlock the new PS?
  3. Daedly Augur

Yes.
  4. enclee Augur

No, I don’t currently. It’s been on my list, but I just find it boring.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Well, wait until others have the quests done and you can buy the powersources from those people for an arm and a leg (until they're more common)
  6. enclee Augur

Sounds a bit disappointing, I wish they would just put them back on vendors for alternate currency.
  7. Daedly Augur

Ok, I am just gonna have to ask. Is there a TS book somewhere that I missed that explains how to make the powers sources?
  8. Ashian Augur

The power sources are a byproduct of the new Rallos Zek Earring questline. You have to do the quest line to have the ability to make the power sources. Soooo you haven’t missed anything yet.
  9. Daedly Augur

Oh, must be because I only have the first earring. Just realized there was a second quest line for it.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

I can only hope the recipes happen before whichever quest requires finishing all of the missions. I don't see myself finishing them all this year.
  11. Ashian Augur

Bad news for you my friend. Start saving up money for task adds.
  12. Kuaamil Elder

I believe it was stated by one of the devs a few weeks back that the powersources will be no-trade. So start working up those tradeskills!
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No. Power-sources are atuneable. The type 18/19 are no-trade
    Aanuvane and ogreshaman like this.
  14. menown Augur

Can you confirm that the type 18s are actually dropping? I haven't seen anyone link a type 18 aug yet on Xegony or Firiona Vie. Noone has seen these augs drop yet and many many names have been killed.
    Yinla and Xyphen like this.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Are the new augs in game yet? I'm assuming it's by design that you can't slot TBL 18s into the TS earring.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Yup.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The new type 18's are not a direct drop. There is a drop component that is dropping, the rest is crafting. And you have to do the quest to get the recipes.
    Depends on the reason they are not fitting. I'll look into it. It is something I didn't consider. Depending on that reason it may change.
  18. Sancus Augur

They don't fit because they're restricted to head, feet, shoulder, and finger slots. Right now the earring conferred by the second TS quest has a Type 18 slot, but at that point to my knowledge there isn't any way to acquire an aug to fit in that slot.

Not sure what quest teaches the recipes for the Type 18's, nor do I know if there's some tradeable container to make them. If there isn't, it might be good to allow TBL Type 18's to fill that slot until we're able to make new ToV Type 18's.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

TBL 18s don't fit because they are slot : Shoulders, Hands, Fingers, Feet.

It would be cool if ear were added to them and likewise the new ones included those slots.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

And while we're at it, it would be neat if TBL evolving items also dropped in ToV missions.
    Daedly and Yinla like this.