ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Duder Augur

De Fence!
  2. Naturalist Lorekeeper

The customer is now conditioned to just accept that "it simply wasn't ready at launch"
    It's not acceptable that a major item in an expansion is not ready at expansion launch.

Consumers in this industry just accept now that games will be broken and unfinished at launch also. And they still pre-purchase to be a founder or whatever. You're like play dough, except you're just getting played though.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why would I take an earring with new soothing breath on it just for a click over someone who needs the stats on the earring?
  4. Lubianx Augur

Geomantra is actually on charms now
  5. Cicelee Augur

Why is a wizard more concerned about Soothing Breath than Knowledge of the Past?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Cause I'm having a blonde day. LOL just looked at what I'm using and it is Knowledge of the Past.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yuck, hate charms!
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

for anyone early on in this adventure i've thrown up a quick and dirty version of my experiences so far with this on my tradeskill site.
    Celephane, Jondalar, Blastoff and 3 others like this.
  9. OldCa61 Augur

Got a Link ?
  10. Ashian Augur

It’s in the signature block!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  11. Laronk Augur

You're right, they should of delayed the expansion launch until Jan 15 so we could have the complete experience all at once. It's a super big deal that one quest line was 30 days late.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's a helpful guide, thanks. I would add a couple of (possibly obvious) things to round out the clarity of the whole walk-through:

1. Make sure your orcish is decent before talking to the orcs. They are flagged as "spoken to" after you say "status", and since they have different dialog it's best to make sure you don't waste all of them.
    2. When turning in Iron Rations to the live orcs, it seemed that it was the placeholder that counted the step. Meaning that if an orc was killed, the one that respawned in its place would not accept another ration.
    3. The full batch of supplies you should bring (Mixing Bowl, a stack of Iron Rations, Jars of Acid (minimum 4) and a Vial of Purified Mana for the last step. The final combine: Blooded Earring + Vial of Purified Mana + Purified Velium.
    adetia likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The tracking is by the Zone Command ID (ZCD ID), which *IS* the same on the "re-spawned" guy. That would be why you are seeing that.

WE often track by "entity" id, which is unique on each spawn of the NPC, BUT it is randomly assigned to NPC's (well serial... but NPC's don't always spawn in the same order, different mobs killed at different times... so in usefulness... random). Since it is "random" it is not usuful to track them by location like the ZCD ID
    OldCa61 likes this.
  14. Xyphen Maximum Augur

That makes sense. Didn't really seem like a bug, just a clever way of making sure Jeff doesn't get 2 cookies, even if he went for a walk and came back.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Thats still days, weeks or months for some classes losing a key focus while evolving the ears. Even if a raider swaps a TBL raid back for ToV group to gain the new combo benefit they still go from raid duration to group.

Don't think a raid melee or tank would be asked to swap to group cleave or fero focus during evolving. Or have to use 2 group items to cover key focuses while evolving for weeks or a month.
  16. Cicelee Augur

17. Swiss Augur

Is anyone else having issues with iron ration turn ins? they say "A Ry`Gorr watchman looks at you like you are weird and says, ' Um. Thank you.' He shrugs and places it in has pack." but 0/10 updates after turning in over 4 stacks and across multiple characters, we killed restless and looted/traded for the ore update.
  18. Kezik Lorekeeper

Try the orcs in the black area of the map.
  19. Swiss Augur

Thanks finally got all 10, someone was camping the area killing the live orcs and did not want to wait at all for iron ration turn ins :(
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I responded in another thread for this area, but for folks having this problem in the future, check out my walkthrough - it talks about this specifically.

http://townshiprebellion.com/trades...ment-of-velious-tradeskill-earring-quest-live

I'm updating it as I get through the various stages with helpful hints/tips stuff from myself and other players as they run into trouble... I'm certainly not the farthest along as I've had some significant RL commitments in the last couple of days to tend to.
    Yinla, Axxius and Jondalar like this.