How long should a GM give you to respond to "unattended gameplay"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Downtoplow, Jan 5, 2020.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If they can't determine after 15 minutes of watching the player in question is either a fully automated bot or a person using heavy 3rd party tools then they already lost.

Any fool can setup a good system to respond to any /tell /say or any of that stupid type of testing.
    Might as well just tell the GMs to stop wasting their time with those stupid tests.

My last playing friend now almost fully automated 24/7 (4 to 5 boxes) can respond to any stupid /tell /say test. What he can't respond to is charming the mob he's attacking and watching his whole box team stare at it for awhile while doing nothing, he can though if you charm and run away beyond a certain point select a new target.

His team will stop if you step in the detection range for x period and all log or move to safe spot. It's crazy to watch but the movement of the melee is still pure 100% bot like.
  2. Herodotus Augur

What's your friends character name? I want to watch and learn.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sorry I can't name and shame bot users forum rules. :D
    But if you head over to sebilis and the other popular zones you'll find him it's the monk, warrior, cleric, mage and enchanter setup.

Sometimes there is a 6th but that person is always afk... I think that's his buddy milking exp
  4. code-zero Augur

You talk a lot of tripe. For the longest time I suspected you of actually knowing some of the sketchier types in game but you've gotten to the point where it's pretty obvious that you're just pulling stuff out of wherever.

To clarify, you are contending that your 'friend' has an AI that can pass the Turing test and fool a GM/Guide who attempts to engage them in a conversation. That's well past the bounds of credulity
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

What hes saying is very reasonable. You can watch a bot team and they always always act like bots. You just dont get the randomness like you do from a human.

But hes also simply saying that if you engage the bot they can run a simple script to simply log, stop pulling or just do whatever including send a tell. Much like robocallers, a person can type "Of course I'm here!" Or some generic thing that isn't really conversation.

But if you just watch then from afar you'll never mistake bots for players or vice versa. This is why the "tell" test, as we all know is a joke.
  6. Numiko Augur

you guys really think a GM just asks are you there? .. they are slightly smarter then that...they will ask you to do a dance emote or some other question not related to EQ like what is the flight speed of an unladen Swallow ..
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What they doing to ban someone? :rolleyes:
    Can't even catch the low end bots, let alone the upcoming high end.

I'm not even playing anymore other than to log in a level 1 to talk to a friend and see how's it going.
  8. Xanadas Augur

Doesn't make sense that they'd wait till AFTER combat to see if you're there. Shouldn't they send you a tell, wait for unattended gameplay / combat, then if you still havent responded, boot you.... ?
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, they are certainly smart enough. Is DBG good enough to properly train them? Not in my experience. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DBG "policy" keeps what would otherwise be great GMs solidly mediocre.
  10. code-zero Augur

You're talking through your hat again. You have no idea how many accounts have been banned as you're basing everything on a couple dozen characters who are always doing the same boring thing at the same boring places who're likely checked constantly at random times.

Most of the people complaining wouldn't know a real bot if one was scripted to /bite them on the calf every time they came close to it
    Herodotus likes this.