How long should a GM give you to respond to "unattended gameplay"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Downtoplow, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Tobynn Augur

If GM names were annotated by a special prefix, it would be impossible for a player to impersonate ~
  2. code-zero Augur

You obviously don't have a clue. Not to be too harsh but attempting to impersonate a guide or GM will get you banned and it's very easy to prove that you did it too.

Don't do that and don't pretend that it's easy.

Most of the complaints about the way GM's contact people in game sound suspiciously like people who can't figure out a way to automate a reply that will make the GM away. They aren't there to make your life easier you know and failure to reply will at the least get you booted. On RF I was amused to watch a guide summon an entire mage crew to zone in before booting them all. It was hilarious and yeah the guide popped in and started sending them tells then talked in say too.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I often introduce myself as GM (Grand Magician) Darchon, and ask people if they are AFK during camp checks via tells, which is of course not against the rules. Love the replies I get when sending these tells.

But really, the EULA just needs to change, they clearly are not going to enforce the most egregious offenders of AFK play. There are people who are running 24/7 6-box crews in Siren's Grotto on TLP servers or in Frontier Mountains or whatever the flavor of the month zone is on Live farming chase raid loot. If they aren't going to make the moves to punish people who are doing the most obvious and most involved automation, they shouldn't be punishing the people who just use the in-game mechanics of DPS/Tank Mercs and Advanced Loot System to afk and lazily clear a handful of spawns.
  4. Coletricklw Journeyman

You're just lucky that no one reported you. I was recently served a seven-day suspension for asking a botter if he was using third-party software. I introduce myself by saying I'm GM [my name]. Or are you saying you actually put the grand magician in your tell?
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I say there is easily a 1000 accounts that are currently unsub because of the Botters on truebox servers has driven legitimate players away for the game. I know none of my 3 accounts are subbed because of it. DBG has to be losing like 10 grand plus a month because of the botters.
    Duder likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No longer playing any of my 6 accounts no point anymore

My friend setup an AFK box crew for kicks. Been up for 7 weeks now.

Games a joke upcoming next TLP = no MOTM along with a few other goodies I bet.

I might even burn some krono to use those hacks just for kicks.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Well, if it is so obvious then you should be able to have ample proof of it. And be able to send this proof to Daybreak. Have you done that?
    code-zero likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's part of the problem... people have sent proof... and it's a matter of economics and weak penalties so the botters continue. I dont know about coirnav but there have been afk botters in sirens grotto alone from agnarr, to selo, to mangler. These are not just lone magicians sitting a pet, they're full on automated groups. And it pisses people off they get away with damaging server after server.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. C3lowz Augur

It sucks, but they did state this rule. If you need to AFK for more than a few seconds then either, Log out, or AFK in an area where no mobs are nearby or won't spawn. . . preferably just log out.

If you get reported for untenanted gameplay you will get suspended if they check up on you and you're AFK in a hostile area. Even if there are no mobs spawning any time soon and you're just AFK until around the time they begin to respawn.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yes, it's been done by dozens of people including myself. DBG doesn't do .
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Baldur Augur

This guy wasn't "botting" though, he wasn't using 3rd party software to assist him. He was using only what was offered to him in the game that they built and designed.

Suspending someone for playing their game the way they designed it is just dumb. If they don't want a player to do something that they allow them to do, then come up with a way in game to stop players from doing that.

Which I will agree would be tough with mercs, but you could come up with some ideas that might curtail it some.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Scruff like this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You must be new here. It's pretty obvious that there are fully automated groups on Mangler.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

And you've documented the proof of this and actually presented said evidence, or have you just stood around and complained about it?
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Brunlin Augur

This ^ ......I currently play on Mangler, though i have done all the TLPs .......Currently my gripe is constantly finding afk 60 mages with their epic pet sitting on a camp...completely afk plat farming...seems like the gms must be more active on live Miragul?
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

/sigh... Not the point. The point is that if you have read these forums you will understand that full botting is a problem on TLPs. Not maybe, not could be, guaranteed.
    HoodenShuklak and Skuz like this.
  16. enclee Augur

I thought was just standard practice to give people to at least the next morning, assuming it's a business day. Unless, it's Thursday then at least until Monday morning, because Friday is always a work from home day.

If the DBG can't adhere to standard practices, how are people supposed to level, farm materials, etc.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  17. Scruff Elder

actual evidence and proof is _aggressively_ deleted by the forum mods on a near daily occurence, but you can easily search youtube for 'mangler botting' etc
    Skuz and Froger like this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They can't afford to lose subscribers even bots, cheats or hackers anymore.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that the GM probably "try" to give offenders a warning & then a chance at playing by the rules so start off with a slap on the wrist - perhaps especially so if they run multiple accounts, the sad thing is that repeat offenders are often just allowed to continue without any serious consequences.

It's a shame if Daybreak need the income so badly from botters they are prepared to risk normal players quitting so I really hope that is not the case.
  20. malliee New Member

They are watching you for sometimes 30 minutes before sending the first tell. The are you afk tell is the last step they do before ban and that amount of time is low since they know already what you were doing