The Way Back Home quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Malbro Augur

I can understand cutting back the experience given on this quest, but I think 9 AAs at 100% is a bit too far. You could, at least, put it at 11 like the other partisan quests.
  2. Bobokin Augur

Sorry, but casual players may actually do the quest once they get to ToV.

We wouldn't want that now; would we. Nerf it! Nerf it!
  3. Monkman Augur

9 AA is actually probably too much. They should have gone with 5.
  4. Bobokin Augur

Yeah! Casuals will only need 5!

Let them eat cake!
  5. Razorfall Augur

9 AAs? That's still a pretty generous amount.
  6. Snack Augur

If they didn't do anything to increase the difficulty, 9AA is pretty fair -- like put one SI mob in the path somewhere, or near one of the checkpoints. My friend and I managed to do this in 3m 10s at one point last night. I'll take 9AA for just over 3 minutes of 'work.'

edit: we do not have raid gear -- we are all pretty much Tyrant/GMM equipped.
  7. Bobokin Augur

It is so funny.

The Bots, Boxers, and Raid guild groups got a month of 25aas per.

The casuals, many of whom are not even level 111 yet, and will have a more difficult time with this being geared worse, will have to do more than ten of these compared to the four of the most accomplished players.

Way to go devs. The way to go is more clear than ever.
    Hitty likes this.
  8. Monkman Augur

0 AA for Bobokin!
  9. Celephane Augur

Not 111 yet? They've had 2 years to get and max 110.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Solidon New Member

Sucks to suck. harder work does produce better results in most cases.
    Failure to try typically would be the cause of not knowing how easy it is.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

If I had my way.. once you have completed quests ..

You would get not a single thing .. for re doing them same quests ..

Be happy with what ya got ..
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Funny that you failed to mention casuals also ate from that 25 aa per clear every 18 minutes of re runing that same quest ..

I wonder why..
    Solidon likes this.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Some did. Some that begged for groups or had high level friends.

Many returning and casual players don't even have characters at 100 yet, so they could not have taken the task. Funny that you failed to mention that.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

And ?

Facts are a few people came back .. few people on their mains are not yet 100 thats true.

Then again.. fact is.. ToV.. is not nor was it ever ment for players under 110.

So those players who are not yet 100. Need go tk zones that (here iz the hard pill for you to swallow ) ARE.. memt for their levels ..
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

You assume many of these players started at 105. I don't believe you understand what it means to actually be a casual player - especially for returning players.
  16. Solidon New Member

General: Soandso: 5TAs for Ada

/join general
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Your talking about the smallest overall section of eq players there is.. on live servers..

So small even.. that i dont even know of a single main on my server .. thats lvl 100 or lower as per your failed claim.

If.. (and i can not stress if.. enough here) the segment of population your speaking about was as large as your desperately trying to imply it is.. everyone on all servers would know many mains right now who are not lvl 100 on their mains..
  18. Whulfgar Augur

They must be hardcore casuals..
  19. Solidon New Member

If you dont even have toons to 100 this isn't relevant to you anyways. They can complain in a few years when they get there.
    For my next trick I'm going to complain about how long supermodels take to get ready to go to dinner. Its not my problem personally but I think it's wrong...o_O
    Elyee and Whulfgar like this.
  20. Ashian Augur

Not being on the bleeding edge has both positives and negatives. Whenever a patch makes something harder, that will hurt the players who have not yet done the content. Conversely, patches that make life easier / improve character power has the opposite effect. It’s a pendulum. Today it swung out of favor of those that don’t rush content. Next month may be different.

Conversely, those who rushed through ToV did not have the Tradeskill Evolving Item quest available. Now these same people have to go back and mindlessly grind experience even though they are max XP. “Casuals” will have the benefit of doing both simultaneously, significantly reducing the effort required for the same end results.

The devs are trying to keep the game balanced and close loopholes as they find them. I’m sorry you are two-four years behind current content, but you’re enjoying benefits that many people didn’t have.