Favorite bugs over the years

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...... I just remembered a good one!!!

There was a monster mission (in DoD, maybe?) where your toon was given this really insane weapon (for the day). Normally it would poof when you took the shroud off, but if you put it in the shroud bank and THEN removed the shroud you could go back and get it on your normal toon. There were people SLAUGHTERING stuff in Norrath with that thing for a while before anyone caught on.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Diptera Augur

Was a short period where necros (and possibly other pet classes) could summon new pets whilst the old one was still up. Saw a necro with about 20 pets laying waste to the cyclops island in OOT, as all the pets would respond to "/pet attack".
  3. Funky Augur

i saw this happen with a mage in scorched woods... think he tested and summoned about 50 pets. could eat through a giant at the fort in about 5 seconds. can't remember if it happened during RoS or EoK.. bug fixed itself when zoning tho
  4. ShadowMan Augur

This guy has his $h!t together!
  5. Numiko Augur

back in 1999 there was a bug that wiped all guild names, what displayed over everyone was "Unknown Guild" .... what made me remember it was a guy sending me a tell asking about joining "Unknown Guild" because it sure seemed like it was the biggest one around!!!
  6. Cicelee Augur

Not sure if a bug or exploit, but GPP
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

?
    svann likes this.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I forget which expansion's beta it was, but Beta PoK leaked onto live... complete with all the vendors that sold every possible tradeskill drop. Pretty big roll back after that one. Think that was when they made Ngreth's Den
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That was only like 3 years ago, right?
  10. Axem the Great Journeyman

Inte Akera's sword of death from PoSky has to be up there.....though it doesn't seem so amazing nowadays haha.

And, of course.....who could ever forget Fansy the Famous Bard* who convinced the sand giants to join the cause and was forever known as the hero of the good team?!

*Originally had the link to his epic tale, but realized some of the language is nsfw so you'll have to google it yourselves if you want another retelling.
    Pano likes this.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

This one was recently fixed.

Every mob in EQ has setting for "what do I do when idle?". For most this is "go home" so after they are pulled if they lose agro they go back to spawn. Some have "stay put" which are the corpse campers. Some "patrol" giving you sentries, or "Buff", and for short duration adds "despawn". Each setting is just a single ID code.

There was a specific rare mob in Harbinger's Spire that, due to an autofill error, had their idle code set to "despawn". So for 15 years every time this mob would pop it would look around and if nobody tagged it in like 30 seconds it would go "Peace Out!" and despawn.
    Axxius likes this.
  12. Snack Augur

Moss Covered Twig. I remember seeing that on Alla or EQ'Lizer and recognizing the potential of the primary hand bonus at 10 delay unbuffed.

It was also the source of the most unholy duels I ever saw. A fully buffed monk with fast one handers took went in on a dude who swapped to the MCT and punched the auto-riposte disc. Monk was dead before he realized he was losing.
    Axem the Great likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Green pet pulling. Again not sure if exploit or bug, but basically a magician would use a green con pet to single pull any mob without adds. Kind of like the Arcane Whisper issues that got recently fixed.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

All of the items over the years that had cloth necklace graphics...
  15. LheoXX New Member

When the froglokexpansion was new you could kill the new mobs in frogtown they had hp like a player char and exp like normal mobs :D
  16. eqgamer Augur

Since this has more or less turned into a list of bugs/sploits/oversights, I'll add that you could at one time block the fellowship insignia "buff', which meant no campfire click cool down timer. Did you know THAT one?? :p
    Celephane and RPoo like this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I believe there is another variation, 'Respawn as Fabled'

There are some fabled season spawns that if you camp within aggro range of the spawn, when they spawn, the regular version will attack you, and no fabled version appears.

If you are a distance away and watch, you can see the regular spawn, and after a short while, it upgrades to the fabled version.

So there are some mobs with an effective 'anti-camp radius' that you can't just sit next to AFK with pets/mercs to farm.
  18. Diptera Augur

Not seen it mentioned yet, but the negative HP on an item (e.g. Amulet of Necropotence) could bring you down to negative HP, but not enough to kill you - you fell unconscious, so couldn't remove the item, and were basically stuck, unless you could get somebody to cast a HP buff on you, to get you back into positive health again.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  19. Diptera Augur

Also, not a bug, but a bit of nostalgia - the Magician "heal pet" spells could originally be used on ANY pet, not just your own.
    There was a guild that was mainly mages, and raided using pet tanks, since every mage was also a healer :)
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Nadisia Augur

So, it's you?
    It's your fault !!! Burn that witch !!!
    [IMG]
    I'm kidding btw, but today, after logging, my guild name is wiped, and displayed as Unknown Guild :confused:

Tip of the day : Never talk about 1999 old bugs, some are still hidden in the shadows, ready to strike ... again ;)