ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Odiiusx Elder

Your math is as amazing as your post itself.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Hitty like this.
  2. Moria New Member

Anyone know what the stats of this new earring are?
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Good. They will be good stats.
  4. Cicelee Augur

AC 1500
    HP 25,000
    MANA 25,000
    Heroics 250
    Resists 250

Effect- Power of Velious (casts a 0.1 second unresistable DD for 1,500,000 with a recast of 5 seconds, unfocusable)
    Focus Effect- all fire DD spells casted with greater than 100 mana receives an increase of 300% damage

Usable by: High elf magicians born in February 2000 with the first name ending in -icely whose name has not changed since launch of TOV

Sorry all. Maybe someone will nerf that earring...
    Nniki, Nennius and Kuaamil like this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Cicelee is also selling bridges. For a good price!
    Whulfgar, Cicelee, Nniki and 7 others like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmmm I was thinking your stat list is a little low. :)
    Cicelee likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

and oceanfront property in kansas
  8. Cailen Augur

Yah who would do that quest for those lame stats
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I'd pay someone 200 plat. Max.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Only 24 kronos! What a steal!

You have to travel to the Karanas, but the view is so nice...
  11. Cicelee Augur

I mean you have to be realistic with the stats, right? Don't want to go too high or too low now...
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Indeed. Let's not undersell it.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Not making the same mistake again. Vanilla stats are just stats unless you are a tank or melee. If the luck part that impacts casters and healers performance is just going to be capped lower again because of TLP's 10 years from now I'll pass unless its super easy to do along the way.

Can't wait to get 10 luck ToV rings and shoulders on the cheap though!
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Then you'll really hate to find out that luck scales differently now that the cap is 10 per item instead of 5. You actually need MORE luck to just get back to where you were in TBL because 10 luck doesn't mean the same thing as it did in the previous expansion.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Huh? I seem to be getting the exact same mod now as I did in TBL and got my expected increase when I jumped up a bucket to the 60 range which is now easier to do. I have no clue if the buckets for healing and dps remain every 10 or if that shifted to a jump every 15 or 20 luck up to the new cap post the old cap of 60.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Someone parsed it and made a really nice table showing how initial luck levels increase non-linearly (as expected), but instead of increasing in a linear, predictable fashion after reaching a certain thresholdusing the same interval as before, it's clear DBG reduced the amount of benefit you get from 10 luck.

So, in other words, if you had 60 luck in TBL and had X benefit, you'd now need to equip MORE luck (like 80 or 90 or something) to get the SAME benefit you had previously.
    ShadowMan and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  17. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Are we certain about the Luck issue? can anyone post facts ?
  18. sojero One hit wonder

I believe this was Sancus that did that amazing and beautiful work.
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Yup, that's the one. I couldn't remember his name.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur