Not A Bug Tov mercenary missions give no exp

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dewey, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Dewey Augur

The missions have lock outs. However there is no exp given for doing the missions. Why have a lock out for 200 plat? Seems like an oversight and exp needs added.
  2. Llayenie New Member

Indeed, only get experience from the first time achievement... zero incentive to replay them
    Jaylnn and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I get that the MAIN amount of xp is in the first time.. but surely you don't intend for it to be a one and done, never go back and do it again thing.. that would be a waste.
    Jaylnn likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the "More Information Needed" is on my side. Basically I'm saying... "I'll research this."
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

thank you Ngreth

Specifically the ones I was doing a bug report on are the ones for Crystal Caverns and Rygorr Mines. I haven't redone every single Merc task for ToV yet. My work hours have been psychotic.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

7. heelzy New Member

Velk's merc missions are the only merc missions that give any exp after the first time done.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

After some research. Kill Quests, also named Mercenary Tasks, do not traditionally offer experience.

So this is not a bug.
    GNOME_POWER and Duder like this.
  9. enclee Augur

The dev team needs to rethink this philosophy with as little content that's released, you should at least design it to be repeated. Otherwise, you're just wasting dev time on disposable content.
    Nniki and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

It's either a bug that velks kill quests offer exp, or that other ToV zones lack kill quest exp.

The velks kill quest reward is appropriate, and i'd recommend that be applied to all ToV, esp in light of the exp gripes.

If it is the other way, and you nix velks kill quest exp, there will be some not happy campers.

Doesnt seem like an urgent issue, either way.
    Vexana_Lanys and Yinla like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For as long as I can remember the kill quests have given exp all be it not a lot.if they didn't we wouldn't have been repeating them.

Kill quest in House of Thule from the guy at the zone in (I want to say frog) all of his give exp and are repeatable as soon as they are done. Thats the only recent kill quests I have done outside of ToV. I'll check a few tomorrow in Ethernere that I picked up on an alt yesterday and I'll drag an alt through who has already done them.
  12. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

Just out of curiosity did you research the few in the current game that do not? because almost every merc task for the last 6 expansions has given xp on mercenary task. The way i perceived them, is they are mercenary tasks... you are hired as a mercenary to go and do a kill task for people... If there is no reward to be a mercenary, why would anyone ever be a mercenary?

I get not using the big bonus again, but solo tasks that would offer no incentive to do them should be marked as non repeatable then because otherwise what is the point if they offer nothing at all? Seems like a big waste of design to make a task that is only meant to ever be done once
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Patently false and erh what exactly is a Hotzone quest if not a "kill quest"?

[Wed Jan 05 02:03:12 2011] You say, 'Hail, Ruppoc Rockjumper'
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:12 2011] Your task 'Thinning Out Their Numbers: Rotdogs and Snakes' has been updated.
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:12 2011] Ruppoc Rockjumper says 'You cleared out some of the rotdogs and snakes? Thank you. Perhaps now I can go gather some more of that wonderful moss!'
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:19 2011] Your faction standing with Dream Delvers got better.
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:19 2011] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 87!
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:19 2011] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Thinning Out Their Numbers: Rotdogs and Snakes
    [Wed Jan 05 02:03:22 2011] You tell your party, 'ding '
    Vexana_Lanys, Jaylnn and svann like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I remember getting merc tasks in HoT because if I was going to kill in an area, doing them was bonus xp.
    Vexana_Lanys, Jaylnn, svann and 2 others like this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Have you ever played the game? Because what you just said is blatantly not true. Merc/kill tasks have almost always (if not always) given out exp as part of the reward for completing them. The tasks in HoT and RoF come to mind right off the top of my head.
    Wulfhere and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did a few tests this morning, random quest in each expansion. Level 88 Enchanter with 111 SK & 108 Zerker cause I wanted things to die quickly and who your grouped with doesn't effect quest exp only kill exp. Chanter got a little bit of a PL which I was planing for today anyway.

RoF - Shards Landing- Kill 10 Frostcoats - level 88 with learners aura running - kill exp 0.357 - quest exp 1.073
    HoT - House of Thule - kill 4 rotdogs, kill 4 snakes - level 88 with learners aura running - kill exp 0.097 - quest exp 0.667
    VoA - Lunanyn - Kill 10 impailers, Argathian traitor - level 111 with learners aura running - kill exp 0 (were greens and greys % didn't change) - quest exp - follows slider so didn't see exp % but got an AA, didn't make a not of AA % before hailing. Level 88 could not get the quests here.
    CotF - Ethernere - kill 10 animals - level 88 with learners aura running - kill exp 0.043 - quest exp 0.504
    TBS - Katta - kill 10 elementals - level 88 couldn't get - level 108 - kill exp 0.55 - quest exp 0.043.
    TBM - didn't find any kill quests just runaround quests.
    EoK - Lceanium - collect 14 silks - started but ran out of time.

Server down soon, but off to cinema now. :)

Will test more once servers back up if more proof is needed that kill quests give exp.
    Wulfhere and Jaylnn like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Kill/Mercenary quest since Veil of Alaris have given XP.

If they didn't give XP there would be absolutely no reason for them to be repeatable, because you can quite easily do other things which will net you far more plat than they grant.
    Nniki, Jaylnn and Elyssanda like this.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

guys remember to go up and "like" the original post to keep this a hot topic.
  19. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I actually wonder if he is not incorrect, but just misunderstanding the request. Just for clarification purposes. If the devs think we are talking about a reward set of xp (in the quest reward window as claimable) then you would be correct. Most if not current era Merc tasks do Not let reward with a bankable xp reward. We are referring to the quest xp at the end of completion of the quest that is autogranted, like it has since inception of the quest window and achievements.

Really it's no different that the bone quest in kaladim, you are sent out on a mercenary mission to slay invading undead and bring back their remains as proof. The only difference is one is before modern quest windows or task systems. Both have been around since their inceptions.