Favorite bugs over the years

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

It wasn't quite that epic on bristle when it happened. (maybe the lag pile had moved to pok by then?)
    But still an amazing bug.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believe it was SoD Beta? where players first broke 32k hit points and it caused an overflow. It became literally impossible to die because your HP wouldn't go below a certain number. As a bonus, if you didn't quite have 32k HP, you could get stuck at negative HP (delay death / purple club) and never regen back to full because a hostile NPC wouldn't lose aggro. You had to /q out.

When Wizards' AA snare was literally unresistable and you could snare anything in game, even snare immune mobs.

When they added the 11th anniversary quest/raids and the rewards gave positive faction, you could gain faction to both sides of Norrath's Keepers/Dark Reign and have both sets of Dragons of Norrath progression AAs (which stacked).
    RPoo, Axxius and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  3. Mithra Augur

Ranger AA Nature Reprieve when UF launched would proc at any health percent. It didn't make you invincible in current content but it was pretty fun to go back to Txevu and solo the Ukun Bloodfeaster.
  4. Mithra Augur

Tinmyn's Oil Can up til 2014 could fit in your charm's augment slot. Was like wearing an extra item worth of stats.
    Jennre and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  5. Alarya Augur

There was one that might not be well known, but I was running around in Freeport and all of a sudden all of the Plane of Hate mobs were on my extended target and eventually found me! I have several screenshots I will share when I get home.
  6. RPoo Augur

when friendly stasis was introduced and could be used to friendly mez raid bosses.
  7. RPoo Augur

Before tears of xxx mana drain line did actual damage and could use it to kill a mezzed mob without it ever waking up.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

That still happens to me occasionally in Qeynos, except they are Vex Thal mobs . . . all of them.
    Alarya likes this.
  9. divirgmar Lorekeeper

Mages will know. When epic 2.0's came out, the discovered "rule of 3". At that time elementals came out summoned at full heath as well. It was cool when you and two others got the one mage who never did it before, the item they needed provided they followed the rules! no casting! no damage! just the rule of three!. But it got tainted when those dreaded "mage armies" started getting made. smh >.<.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Good read. The viral DoT in the GL was probably my favorite read.

Falling to your death in stratos if below a certain frame rate / lag is still a thing.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Happened once when I zoned into Dead Hills.

[IMG]

Was just after they added agent or whatever for instanced VT on TLP, but I'm on live.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I forgot about that one!!
  13. Snack Augur

Took me forever to figure this out in Argath going down the spiral ramp. I'd just jump off the side and randomly (when I was laggy) I'd crater at the bottom (even with Monk safe fall). Couldn't figure it out for the longest time.

I came up with the explanation that falling damage is calculated on how long you are airborne (not how far your Z axis changed). The airborne time updates client side and that's where you get your damage amount. If you hitch in the air and fall for 1.2s instead of 0.3s -- *splat*
    Rasper Helpdesk and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is by far my fave bug, around DoDH time (entrance to Broodlands in Lavastorm) evacing with both flappy and swarm pets up gave this result.

[IMG]

I had other bugs with flappy as well, he saved my life when I jumped in The Hole, every one else bar the cleric with DA on died, I lived as I landed on flappy. No one could believe it. :)
    Axxius and Drogba like this.
  15. Snack Augur

I remember 3 different guilds (or portions of guilds) on Fennin Ro that got whacked for exploiting bugs and dupes and other assorted misbehavior -- and those are just the ones I know about.

There was the unintentional feature where you could disarm magic weapons in the Arena and pick them up. Saw a dude lose a Bone Bladed Claymore like that.

I'm sure this was a dupe bug that I didn't understand exactly, but one time I was giving my roommate a stack of muffins and I clicked trade, he said he clicked trade and our internet router died. When we logged back in, I had my original stack of muffins and another stack on my cursor. He was back in a different zone that he hadn't been in for a couple minutes. We never intentionally or accidentally recreated that again.

I once zoned out of Mistmoore into a free fall. I was just falling forever. Someone told me they did that and then they hit the bottom of something and their corpse was unrecoverable. I then /q out and when I logged back in I was in the safe spot in LFay.
  16. Gorkeyah New Member

Monks had some sort ghost kill bug where they could insta kill mobs. Also there was a set of monk quest gloves that had a complete heal clickie on them initially.
  17. windmist New Member

ok best bugs ever, rof mages could get bugged and make hundreds of mage pets and take out a entire zone, rain of fear era if you had a toon and killed him over and over down to 0 then name changed and took the name on the new toon you could rez all those corpses essentially power leveling a new class to the level , or you could take a toon and do same thing but take the name and make a max level char in minutes .cost ya money but saved ya lots of time on a new exp pack:)
    way back there was the hero bracers bug you could sell hero's bracer to a vender and buy it back for almost nothing , that one got a roll back if i recall. but yeah the pet bug was the most awesome one!
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  18. Eaiana Augur

Another falling one that the Argath discussion above reminded me of. When SoF came out, the cannon that shoots you up to Fortress Mechanotus in Dragonscale Hills would occasionally shoot you into the hillside and kill you.
    RPoo, Axxius and Winnowyl like this.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Personally, I love the smear of red down that wall of the zone, where you used to hit. Such class.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

Here are my favourite 3.

No.3 - SoF - Clicking an common drop item (faceted crystal) turned you into a pumpkin head.

No.2. A few years back there was a bug that allowed pets to equip no drop weapons. I still remember pets equipping cleric no trade hammers :)

No.1. Serpents Spine had an item that summoned a wolf familiar and gave you extra mana regen. On my chanter if you charmed a mob, cast the familiar, then clicked off the familiar it killed your charmed pet! A good way of quickly clearing trash!
    Sirene_Fippy and Axxius like this.