Favorite bugs over the years

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

There used to be a bard npc in Freeport 99 Era that you could kill solo, and it dropped a lute that sold for pretty good amount of plat. This was back when plat was worth something. The NPC respawned almost instantly iirc too. I used it to get a lot of money on my dark elf. Then it got patched and the lutes didn't sell worth a crap anymore =(
  2. Snack Augur

I forget when this was fixed, but in 1999 you could zone into WK from NK, run into the water and swim back to the zone line and you'd teleport somewhere close to the Q Hills zone line. It made running back to Qeynos from SK way more palatable.

Same era -- Warrior crafted gloves sold to NPCs for significantly more than the cost of the components and gave great XP. My monk got through all of a level (26ish) by buying loot rights to the drop component and then making the gloves and selling them for a profit.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

RoS.... getting no xp back from a rez at lvl 110. That was fun!
    Allayna, Drogba, svann and 2 others like this.
  4. Greymantle Augur

There was a shot while were archery range was unlimited. If you could see it to target you could hit it.
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I picture "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" here with a Patriot Arrow.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I am almost positive we are taking about the same thing. The other bug with shroud was if you leveled them they turned into the raid evolving shoulders as a final result.
  7. Axxius Augur

The initial version of /xtarget that let you target anything anywhere in the zone. Combined with /hail having no range restrictions.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Even before xtarget, I think I would have to say mine was the /pet attack name_of_mob to confirm if the mob was up in the zone. Who needs tracking, or a camped character to confirm if your elite raid target was spawned or not!

LOL, are you saying that /hail also worked in the same manner as pet attack? Man. Hilarious.
    Axxius and kizant like this.
  9. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

10. Prathun Developer

Late in the Serpent's Spine development cycle when an exporter change led to bad data in the particle emitter definition field on NPCs and entire zones had NPCs shooting lightning bolts from their root bone, which is the... ahem... hip region, where their legs meet their torso.
    Hands down best bug ever.
    Jennre, Floor, Beimeith and 14 others like this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This was also quite fun with bind sight!
    Axxius likes this.
  12. Snack Augur

Yup -- /hail lady_vox00 -- or maybe it was /tell, but it was a quick way to determine if you should proceed.
  13. Drogba Augur

the final result has a slot 7 aug slot and group foci. It starts off as a back slot and its final evolution is also a back slot.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Oh man, I forgot about that! That was super convenient lol.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

On the Al’Kabor (Mac) server there were some great bugs since it was stagnant in its code for a decade.

Perma Pacify - In the days when pacify was not only an assist reduction but also a proximity aggro reduction, there was a bug where if you cast a pacify spell on a mob that already had a pacify spell on it, the effect would become permanent. This lead to people just pacifying their way through some places like BoT towers or the Deep, and you could just run freely through these areas after one person had come through and made it safe, at least until the next server reset. The downside of this bug was that if you cast a pacify spell on a mob flagged immune to pacify it would make their assist radius infinite. Which was not fun when you made that mistake.

Instant Cast Buffs - Between Spell Casting Deftness, Quick Buff and Enhancement Haste focus enchanters could reach over 100% haste on beneficial buffs. This was nice for hastes and mana Regen, but for self rune this was incredible. Especially when coupled with the prenerf Wrath of the Wild druid AA. Pre-hit counters the AA just had a 1 point rune in slot 3. So if you stacked Arcane Rune and Uproar in slots 1/2, those would get eaten first and allow you to chain refresh Arcane Rune while mobs hitting you took huge DS hits for the era. Many a Kunark dragon and VT Key were soloed using this enchanter WotW strategy.

Horse Bug - Using old player models you could summon a horse and receive the benefits of the standing mana regen without having to deal with the nonsense slow start runspeed. Horse acceleration is much better now a days but it’s still awful and I still dream of a mount that has no runspeed changes just gives me standing Regen.

Shakerpaging - Not really a bug, but an oversight. Using warrior rampage AA plus slow, max dexterity and an Earthshaker you could AE entire zones down like PoValor/Nightmare for exp.

On live, illusioning through doors was probably my favorite. Agreeing with another poster the 100%+ divine save chance for druids during CoTF I think it was, lots of fun.
  16. Kolani Augur

[IMG]
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

This bug was there for such a long time I had learned to play with it in mind.
    Nniki likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

When Luclin came out and most of the new models weren't displaying ANY clothes. So many smooth privates running about.
    Dythan likes this.
  19. Prathun Developer

Yeah, you could /guildinvite NPCs for a while and the message returned was different if the NPC was up in the zone versus if it wasn't.
    Axxius, svann, Nniki and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

/q Instantly camping your character was also pretty nice for zerging your way around.